Tradesmen International

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• The opportunity is there for you to make good commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Cell phone allowance and car expenses not bad, but not great (in 5 reviews)

• Poor commission structure (10% on gross proffit) So if you do (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Service

Carpenter (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsFlexible, keep you working, pay better than any other job if you aren't a craftsman, diversity

Conslack of communication with employess in the office and those in the field. (feels like you're working for the man"

Advice to Senior ManagementExplain to field employees more regularly why Tradesman is NOT a staffing service and it has immense benefits. i.e being able to work at other job sites if you get canned, why field employees don't get ludacrisly high wages (which seem to be expected for some reason), and why the service of providing consistent employment is the greatest benefit of the job.

apprentice electrician

Apprentice Eleltrician (Current Employee) Midland, MI

Proswork in different field of electrical system

Consthey are dealing with advance electrical system like your company

Advice to Senior Managementto know their technician who got more potential to contribute to company ,I seen it the smart one left behind from advancement because Forman or supervisor scare of may be he be replace with smart technician

Very pleased with respect level and demonstration of appreciation towards my job performance.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsTraining availability, great benefits, respect and care for both office and field employees, opportunity for growth and input. There is always someone available to answer any questions or concerns I may have. This company is very well organized. Every thing they do has a strategic purpose that concentrates on profit and how to benefit it's employees, customers and community.

ConsI don't like working in a cubicle. It is difficult at times to concentrate on my work when I can hear what everybody else is saying.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I appreciate your leadership skills and hope to learn more about this company and eventually step up into a leadership position.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Skilled trades for hire

Technician (Electrical/Fire Alarm) (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey will keepthey will keep the jobs wrong and the jobs rolling in.

ConsTemp agency but they have benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep them coming.

Freedom to sink or swim.

Field Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe best perk of the job is the potential to qualify for the sales trips. These trips are 5 star all the way. Once you qualify once, you will be addicted.

The harder you work, the more money you can make. It takes time, dedication, and a positive attitude. The structure is in place to allow you to be successful. This position relies on three things.

1. Client Relationships
    2. A dedicated recruiter
    3. A manager that is aware of his team's strengths and weaknesses.

If you build a strong trusting relationship your clients will understand exactly what it takes to provide them the quality they are requiring.

A dedicated recruiter will not be watching the clock. They will be spending their time efficiently to find the highest qualified craftsmen for the job. The recruiter has to communicate with the field rep on what realistic pay rates are so that can be voiced to the client. The clients will learn the consequences of paying peanuts very quickly...

Lastly the Management. They have to support their team. They have to work just as hard and be aware of all operations. If the manager assemble a team that they trust, everyone will make money.

ConsBase salaries are too low. I understand the need to encourage people to work hard to make a commission, that is in all sales jobs.
    The issue is the recruiters. The sales team can not provide what they are selling without a reliable recruiter in their corner. The recruiters need a 10k pay raise. This will improve recruiting nationwide.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefit options, Employees are willing to pay more if the coverage is there.
    Pay the recruiters better and offer them trips similar to the sales trips.

Good experiance

Journeyman Electrcian (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI had a good job a job and did well at it

ConsI had no bad experiance

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Management no suggestions

Great culture and rewarding for hard work put in!

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging and dynamic atmosphere with a work hard while having fun attitude with employees. Team players will only work out with Tradesmen. This job is not for the selfish minded. Sales force CRM software add this year has made the job virtually paperless unlike many older review which have been written. Sales trips are awesome and very attainable.

ConsCons are only for the complainers who do not communicate their needs. Local office management is solely responsible for the culture. A good manager will develop a great culture and an environment to be around. Some offices could use some help.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with updating sales processes and ways to streamline sales leads.

Very good for Temp agency

Electrician (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood people who try to keep you employed

ConsLots of paperwork, but it's needed...

overall, I am very satisfied with Tradesmen

ProsThey keep me busy when I am available

ConsCompanies are not allowed to hire temps directly

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more toward temp to hire positions.

Working as a pay for hire craftsmen

Mason (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsGreat coworkers
    Good pay
    Benefits are nice and onsite foreman's are great guys.
    Hours are good and most jobs pay overtime.

ConsSome work sites are harder and sometimes not worth what you are getting paid.
    Management sometimes doesn't care about your work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more for your workers and try to fit their strengths to specific job sites.

Worked for Tradesmen International? Contribute to the Community!