Tradesmen International

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.1

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay after you build a territory (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• No cell phone allowance until you meet criteria and keep it for a certain length (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder in Lima, OH
    Former Employee - Carpenter, Mason, Welder in Lima, OH

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was subjected to a wide variety of trade work. Although I did not take advantage of the offers, many of the companies I worked for through tradesman gave me job offers with very competitive salaries.

Cons

I really have nothing to say for the cons, everyones experience with this company is different, I had a good one.

Great Service

Current Employee - Carpenter in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Carpenter in Madison, WI

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible, keep you working, pay better than any other job if you aren't a craftsman, diversity

Cons

lack of communication with employess in the office and those in the field. (feels like you're working for the man"

Explain to field employees more regularly why Tradesman is NOT a staffing service and it has immense benefits. i.e being able to work at other job sites if you get canned, why field employees don't get ludacrisly high wages (which seem to be expected for some reason), and why the service of providing consistent employment is the greatest benefit of the job.

apprentice electrician

Current Employee - Apprentice Eleltrician in Midland, MI
    Current Employee - Apprentice Eleltrician in Midland, MI

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

work in different field of electrical system

Cons

they are dealing with advance electrical system like your company

to know their technician who got more potential to contribute to company ,I seen it the smart one left behind from advancement because Forman or supervisor scare of may be he be replace with smart technician

Very pleased with respect level and demonstration of appreciation towards my job performance.

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Training availability, great benefits, respect and care for both office and field employees, opportunity for growth and input. There is always someone available to answer any questions or concerns I may have. This company is very well organized. Every thing they do has a strategic purpose that concentrates on profit and how to benefit it's employees, customers and community.

Cons

I don't like working in a cubicle. It is difficult at times to concentrate on my work when I can hear what everybody else is saying.

Keep up the good work. I appreciate your leadership skills and hope to learn more about this company and eventually step up into a leadership position.

Challenging and Rewarding Job

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and rewarding. If looking for a great company to work with a grow with its a great company. Management is allowed to create and build the best team.

Cons

If you just want things handed or think that just getting by you should move up Tradesmen International is not for you. Opportunity means work, don't be afraid to work and people do great for the company. Starting pay is low but once the hard work pays off it gets better. Don't expect it to happen over night, that's what I see time after time again.

Management is forward looking and is the industry leader in construction labor support.

Skilled trades for hire

Current Employee - Technician (Electrical/Fire Alarm) in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technician (Electrical/Fire Alarm) in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Tradesmen International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They will keepthey will keep the jobs wrong and the jobs rolling in.

Cons

Temp agency but they have benefits.

Keep them coming.

Freedom to sink or swim.

Current Employee - Field Representative
    Current Employee - Field Representative

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best perk of the job is the potential to qualify for the sales trips. These trips are 5 star all the way. Once you qualify once, you will be addicted.

The harder you work, the more money you can make. It takes time, dedication, and a positive attitude. The structure is in place to allow you to be successful. This position relies on three things.

1. Client Relationships
    2. A dedicated recruiter
    3. A manager that is aware of his team's strengths and weaknesses.

If you build a strong trusting relationship your clients will understand exactly what it takes to provide them the quality they are requiring.

A dedicated recruiter will not be watching the clock. They will be spending their time efficiently to find the highest qualified craftsmen for the job. The recruiter has to communicate with the field rep on what realistic pay rates are so that can be voiced to the client. The clients will learn the consequences of paying peanuts very quickly...

Lastly the Management. They have to support their team. They have to work just as hard and be aware of all operations. If the manager assemble a team that they trust, everyone will make money.

Cons

Base salaries are too low. I understand the need to encourage people to work hard to make a commission, that is in all sales jobs.
    The issue is the recruiters. The sales team can not provide what they are selling without a reliable recruiter in their corner. The recruiters need a 10k pay raise. This will improve recruiting nationwide.

Better benefit options, Employees are willing to pay more if the coverage is there.
    Pay the recruiters better and offer them trips similar to the sales trips.

Good experiance

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrcian in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Journeyman Electrcian in San Diego, CA

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a good job a job and did well at it

Cons

I had no bad experiance

Good Management no suggestions

Great culture and rewarding for hard work put in!

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging and dynamic atmosphere with a work hard while having fun attitude with employees. Team players will only work out with Tradesmen. This job is not for the selfish minded. Sales force CRM software add this year has made the job virtually paperless unlike many older review which have been written. Sales trips are awesome and very attainable.

Cons

Cons are only for the complainers who do not communicate their needs. Local office management is solely responsible for the culture. A good manager will develop a great culture and an environment to be around. Some offices could use some help.

Keep up the good work with updating sales processes and ways to streamline sales leads.

Very good for Temp agency

Current Employee - Electrician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Electrician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Tradesmen International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people who try to keep you employed

Cons

Lots of paperwork, but it's needed...