Tradesmen International

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.2

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay after you build a territory (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little to no work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• No cell phone allowance until you meet criteria and keep it for a certain length (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Waste of time

Current Employee - HVAC in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - HVAC in DFW, TX

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a temp agency. I have been working for tradesmen almost 3 months and still have not put in a 40 hour work week. In my interview they told me that it was not a temp agency and that i would have no problem working full time. Hindsight is 20 20.
    If you are looking for a full time job need not apply. If you are looking for temporary work for extra income it is a perfect fit

happy job hunting

Cons

2/3 of the job offers were pulled last minute

Lock down the contract before getting the employees for that job

Sales/Field Reps.... Be Leary of this company!

Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Tradesmen International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok base pay, the benefits are ok, and you will have some great networking opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, on-call all the time with field employees not showing up, etc, You will put a TON of miles/wear and tear on your car (with little compensation for it), No matter how well you perform, its never enough. You will have to do your job, the project coordinators job, and even the admins job at times on top of your own work load and trying to make sales. There is a lack of accurate job description, so you will never know if you've actually done what you should, and will constantly be told you did things wrong or blamed for things, that were not even your fault/job! There is little to no work-life balance.

Help your reps! Be more up front with what the expectations are, and help them to achieve those. Its basically a week of training and throw them into their territory with high expectations, even the best reps can/will fail under these types of standards. And each office should have a list of positions, and what position is accountable for each job... NOT a free for all with lack of communication!

They can kick rocks

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Good pay and allot of work

Cons

Poor management and allot of lies and incorrect information. I was told on my first job that the job paid per diem and when I got my check it wasn't on there(when I finally got my check)I called to ask about itand was told I would not be receiving it because I made a mistake in my app. In my option you get told your making something you get paid it.also ask my checks have been for our five days late. I currently have a complaint with the department of labor. My advice this company will screw you over when they get the chance do not work here.

Can suck it

Run, Run, Run

Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office staff and co-leagues are nice to work with.

Cons

Base salary is a joke, driving allowance is a joke, must lie and cheat clients to make decent commission.
    You are told to sell the service of providing, "reliable and knowledgeable skilled craftsmen who are the best in the industry," which is a complete lie.
    No work/life balance, you are on call 24/7, and often are dealing with issues involving employees not showing up to work or getting kicked off job sites.
    Although some field workers are great, many are the bottom of the barrel of the skilled trade pool. Tradesmen will hire ANYONE for skilled trade positions, including felons, and do not contact references.
    They require reps to register new clients even when open orders from existing clients go unfilled for months on end, thus burning bridges with new clients from day 1.
    Managers only want to pad the owners pockets. Bill Rates are far above the industry average which makes their services non-profitable for clients.

Stop asking people to lie. Most of your field workers are not reliable, and are not the best in the industry.

office

I worked at Tradesmen International part-time

Pros

Schedule was ok. Have no complaints.

Cons

No training, management was not trained on system either.

Complete lack of business ethics

Former Employee - Journeyman in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Journeyman in Boston, MA

I worked at Tradesmen International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It is possible to get your foot in the door with a good company, under the right circumstances. Negotiate your starting pay with Tradesmen, because they are negotiating the highest rate possible from the employer you will work for.

Cons

They never tell you about their agreement with the employer you work for. The employer needs to pay a $2500 fee to take you on full time from Tradesmen. Getting paid correctly is near impossible. Hours are missed and any complaints you make about it basically blacklist you for continual work.

Treat your workers like poeple, act professionally and ethically.

Horrible

Current Employee - Combo Welder
    Current Employee - Combo Welder

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get back to you when there is one

Cons

8 months of working for them as a certified 6g combo welder worked 3 weeks companies keep asking for me by name an some how I get there and the job has gone away made about 4k since I started in January

Quit and do something else your awful

WORST JOB EVER

Former Employee - Field Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing appealing about this position.

Cons

EVERYTHING. BASE BLOWS. TRY GETTING BY ON 30K A YEAR. ALSO, you can get fired at will. Terrible company with terrible management.

suck it

Horribly unrewarding...ridiculous pay

Former Employee - Field Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'll have to get back to you

Cons

Hours of driving a day, cold calling, dealing with "C-D" level construction workers...If these guys have to work for a temp service then there is something wrong with them....

Stop over selling your services

POOR COMPANY

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

I worked at Tradesmen International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Their are no pros for this company

Cons

They will reject you as a hire even after you have clearance from a doctor. Don't bother unless you like wasting time and money.

Find a new health care facility to do physicals. I strongly feel I was rejected for employment because of my health. Even after I had my own physicians clearance, and was never contacted again for any employment. discrimination doesn't end with skin color.