Tradesmen International

1. Tradesmen International

Former Employee - Electrical Apprentice in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Electrical Apprentice in Midland, MI

I worked at Tradesmen International

Pros

Apprenticeship program
    Help with school
    Staff willing to work with U

Cons

Lack of work available
    Startup tution $60 a week
    Temp service for skill trades

Advice to Management

Not a very great reputation according to prior contractors
    Temp service for skill trades

2. Great company

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Family environment with team concept

Cons

none that I can think of now

Advice to Management

keep it up!

3. Good Professional Company

Current Employee - Master Electrician in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Master Electrician in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Tradesmen International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management have all been great to work with. Each staff member seem to care about both you and the Company.

Cons

Sometimes there can be gaps of off time between assignments, but their projects can be lengthy.

Advice to Management

The safety focus is very good and more on line training should be made available even if we have to chip in some of the cost.

5. Ok

I have been working at Tradesmen International

Pros

Was a decent place to work but very unrealistic goals are set with major micro managing

Cons

My con was wrote above. The pay is not worth out of the time they want out of you

Advice to Management

Break into the 21st century

6. Decent experience. At times, could find work quick and others, not so quick. Seems to be somewhat unorganized.

Current Employee - Carpenter in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Carpenter in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The fellow employees at Tradesmen International always seem to be really good people.

Cons

Seems to be unorganized. They have some employees that don't know what they are doing and they make just as much income as the "journeyman". I get a vibe by the management that they are "fake" and act like they really care about you, but deep down inside you can feel it being fake.

Advice to Management

Organize yourselves.

micromanaged in sales

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great local employees and manager

Cons

mandatory meetings daily in the afternoon even when not necessary or could conference in, low salary, no where near enough car allowance to cover gas and wear and tear on your car. Also there is never enough workers to fill your orders.

Advice to Management

Focus on recruiting more instead of micromanaging the current sales reps every minute of the day.

Current Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very average chance at an outside sales representative position. Sub-Par training program with a self-made chance of making ok money

Cons

Poor management structure. Free for all

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. Not happy

9. I love working for them.

Current Employee - Welder\journeyman in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Welder\journeyman in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Tradesmen International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Any concerns I can call the team who sent me and they work hard to fix any problems.

Cons

Knowingly away from home and family. Good pay for experienced and professional workers.

Advice to Management

My personal experience would say keep up the good work. And thank you.

10. So So

I worked at Tradesmen International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work during the recession

Cons

Sent to some bad, unsafe companies. Pay was disproportionate to skill set

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for

Tradesmen is no different than any other staffing company

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Tradesmen International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to launch a sales career and get "reps".... must learn to develop skills in cold calling, appointment setting, and closing deals... all good skills to have if you are getting started in sales. Can get promoted fairly quickly.

Cons

Car allowance is only 5 months. You are expected to set 5 appointments a day .... 5 days a week. Minimum.. Its not impossible but it would require 12 or 13 hrs a day to do that and the work you put in is not worth the wear and tear on your vehicle and the pay. Hours are 7am to 6pm... and if your office is struggling, you have to work Saturdays.

The sales approaches they use are old, laughable and ineffective.. high pressure, close now ... even if the client does not have a need, management believes "a good salesman can persuade anyone".... Most construction companies that have been around for awhile have numerous people they can call at a moments notice and they will come running.... and a lot of these "craftsmen" like to work sporadically... They don't want full time employment...

You tell contractors that "workers comp, insurance, etc... is covered by us...no liability to you".... the reality is that the cost of all that is rolled into what Tradesmen bills the clients. They don't save anything.

In training, you are told its a "relationship" sale or consult... in reality it is a "slam" sale based on lies and talking contractors into something they don't want to do.... You overpromise and under deliver daily in order to satisfy management. I worked for 5 months trying to get the largest roofing company in my region to come on board...they finally gave me a shot....we sent 4 guys out in 4 days.... they all quit or did not come back after one day... no call/no show.... one "qualified roofer" quit because it was too hot and he had to work with Hispanics... This was the pattern almost every time we sent workers out. I would lose clients a week after signing them up because we could not provide good employees. Our internal recruiter had his hands tied. He had nothing to work with and he worked hard and long hours to find qualified people.

VERY Unprofessional. The management gets hammered drunk at company events and acts atrocious.

The actual tradesmen you deal are mostly unqualified or have numerous felonies... or major "dings" on their record... or show up High or prove to be uncooperative... Some would tell you flat out "I wont let you down, thanks so much for finding me a job"... and not show up the very next day.... and not call... Some tradesmen like to travel but most that are worth anything will either already working full time... The unemployed tradesmen that apply are usually unemployed for a reason... And if you do get a qualified worker and the employer likes him, they will quit tradesmen and go work for the contractor directly.

Advice to Management

Get in line with reality and modern sales approaches.... People are too smart now to buy into sales "techniques or tactics"... A relationship sale or problem solving consultation is not made in one meeting... or even in a month or two.. it takes time and you cannot create need in a down economy or a depressed area of the country or by a "closing technique"...