Tradesmen International

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Wesley

Pros
  • Quick advancement and opportunities to make good money (in 4 reviews)

• The opportunity is there for you to make good commissions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Cell phone allowance and car expenses not bad, but not great (in 5 reviews)

• Poor commission structure (10% on gross proffit) So if you do (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Poorly and mismanaged origination

Sales Representative (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsGood Benefits’ And thats about it!!!

ConsEverything else was a nightmare!!

Misleading company - The Big Lie!

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIt's a staffing Company that says it not!

ConsToo many to list. I have worked for the company several years and Corporate does not care about you. Growing too fast and can't handle it. The company makes a lot of money while making a commission structure to put you in the poor house. Upper management will tell you anything to avoid the real issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't listen anyway! They will tell you the have the "highest quality skilled workforce". Not even close, they will put anyone on the job just to fill the order.

Ok Company. Good Experience

Outside Labor Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGood sales experience for a resume builder.
    Potential for good commissions with hard work.

ConsVery demanding. As a outside sales rep plan to work over 45-50 hours a week.
    Management puts too much responsibility on the sales re other than focusing on sales. Should be a collections department along with a much more automated system to submit order information. Very very dated and it feels like you work in 1997 with too much paperwork.
    Only one week of vacation a year until you work for 3 or more years.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT. There are too many digital solutions that could help their business.
    Offer a "Ramp Up" program to help with beginning salaries. Turn over is too high due to not offering any kind of initial incentive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and rewarding for hard work put in!

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging and dynamic atmosphere with a work hard while having fun attitude with employees. Team players will only work out with Tradesmen. This job is not for the selfish minded. Sales force CRM software add this year has made the job virtually paperless unlike many older review which have been written. Sales trips are awesome and very attainable.

ConsCons are only for the complainers who do not communicate their needs. Local office management is solely responsible for the culture. A good manager will develop a great culture and an environment to be around. Some offices could use some help.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with updating sales processes and ways to streamline sales leads.

Terrible company

Journeymen Electrician (Current Employee) Fife, WA

ProsSometimes it a paycheck to feed my family.

ConsPay
    Job longevity
    Terrible management
    No advancement
    You never do your job trade
    They steal your money
    They never know if your working or not

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to do your job wright. Your fife branch is worthless

Very good for Temp agency

Electrician (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood people who try to keep you employed

ConsLots of paperwork, but it's needed...

overall, I am very satisfied with Tradesmen

ProsThey keep me busy when I am available

ConsCompanies are not allowed to hire temps directly

Advice to Senior ManagementWork more toward temp to hire positions.

Do not work for these people, they screwed my unemployment into the ground

Electrician (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsThe only pro is that you can make a few dollars if you have no money.

ConsThey don't care about you once your working. As long as there getting there pay they could careless about you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter you hire somebody make sure they have everything they need every week (timecards) make sure they are paid on time, make sure they don't have to chase there checks. make sure they have time cards so they don't have to drive around meeting the manager and then chase down the people they were working for to get your time card signed so you can get paid. All this on your own time.BS, its been over three weeks since I worked for them and my unemployment is still on hold because of Tradesmen International NOT reporting back to unemployment. I worked there and I was praised by the company I was working with. Tradesmen International SUCKS! Do your self a favor and DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. If you are on unemployment wait for a full time permanent position. I had to learn the hard way. They wont return phone calls to help you with the unemployment issue they created. They are just a temp agency, they will tell you how they are not, and tell you they are better then others like CLP, ETC. I can tell you first hand they hurt me and my family with there incompetence. I have 2000.00 in unemployment on hold and no way to pay my bills because of them. Never again will I ever work for them. People need to stop working for them and put them out of business. Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! FU!

Avoid if you value developing your career!!

GM (Former Employee)

ProsConnecting skilled trades people with contractors

ConsPoor pay, senior managements lies, owners paranoia of any technology, running a sales team using 3 ring binders and paper CRM system, terrible benefits, self funded car allowance that barely covers fuel, inability to attract any sales talent due to all of above. Lack of leadership at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou got smoked by TrueBlue...... Time has proven retention rates and value added services are not part of your corporate culture and this is all about being an ATM for HQ...

working for tradesmen is like any other staffing agency

Electrician (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

Prospayroll is always accurate and decent pay

Consthey don't seem to have a good communication with customers which in turn means there are never enough jobs available

Worked for Tradesmen International? Contribute to the Community!