Tradition Valet

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Robert Bernier

Typical summer job but with nicer co-workers

ProsI have met a lot of really cool people working here and the accounts we have are usually at good locations with decent tipping. Scheduling is very straight forward as well.

ConsThere is some animosity between employees and management. Also, it is under or overstaffed quite often which can be very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with the runners more often. It will go a long way towards making the company feel small again.

Solid Valet Service

Valet (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood pay,co-workers are all pretty nice

ConsCan get boring standing around, but that should be expected

Great college employment.

Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsFlexible job perfect for college work. Great it you love car because you get to drive very nice cars.

ConsWork nights go very late, sometimes til 3in the morning. Employers were sketchy with compensation. A lot of running so good shoes were replaced every other month.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and fair with compensation and make an effort to reward employees that did their job great. Be smart about employee rights.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was fun as i was young, but very soon after became dull and boring.

Shift Lead (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIt is incredibly easy to be hired. The day i was hired when they photocopy your id, mine was actually expired. You advance in the company to shift lead with what seems like no effort whatsoever. You get to hangout with buddies while you work and great tips at certain places as they are not taxed.

ConsMy friend got termimated from their for not wearing a traditon valet cap in the middle of 10 degree weather. Once your a shift lead their are no advancement opportunities. Its not very safe and if their was a thief looking for a car it would be very easy to obtain and the blame would be on you. The main office and manager on duty never answer their phones so your on your own a lot. Also most accounts are outside, so working in the winter with the tickets can get you extremely cold.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer rewards for good behavior as well as more advancement opportunities. Get the management in the office to be more competent and available. Lastly, improve the qualifications it takes to be hired. Every new employee is an 18 year old senior that doesnt care let alone know how to drive a stick.

Good part-time job for someone who needs flexibility

Valet Attendant (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe company offers online scheduling and publishes the schedule three weeks out. This was great because I could plan my life, school and other job around my work schedule. Taking time off was easy, it never got rejected. A few times something came up for me last minute and I was able to trade out of my shift pretty easily. Driving cool cars is fun, never thought that I would ever get to drive a Bentley or Range Rover. Cash is great, usually on a Friday or Saturday downtown I would walk away with more than $60 cash if I was closing runner. Very laid back work environment, managers give employees freedom to do their own thing.

ConsThe uniform in the summer is hot, they don't allow you to wear shorts, and the jacket they give you for the winter isn't exactly thick. Turnover is pretty high, guys are constantly getting fired or quitting. This job doesn't provide health benefits and there really isn't any room to move up after becoming a shift lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your senior employees to work the best accounts, terminate bad employees faster and reward the employees that do the right thing.

If employees are the companies greatest asset, why don't you treat them like it?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsFun job - get to drive nice cars and make pretty good money at a few of the accounts

Promotion - if you prove you are a good valet, you will be promoted to shift lead (supervisor) where you make a higher hourly wage + tips

Give-aways - they sometimes give out gift cards or other prizes if the entire staff goes a certain amount of time without getting in an accident (damage claim)

Other - sometimes meet famous people and athletes, decent networking, work with some fun people, maybe make life long friendships.

ConsTurnover - upper management doesn't care about keeping its senior level employees (the ones who establish the relationships with restaurant managers and patrons). Over 90% of the staff of 100+ valets have been there for less than a year.

Starting off - you will be stuck at poor money making accounts where you make minumum wage + very little in tips

Career - this is not a career. If you hope to one day get promoted to work inside the office, you will be making a very poor salary (less than you would be making in tips if you worked in the field full time)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving your best employees the best shifts, so they stick around with the company. You don't need to pay them a higher hourly wage, because they are making up for it with the better tips those accounts make.

They don't really care...even if you're a senior employee

Valet (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsWhen you get into your comfort zone, you'll have fun and make decent money as a valet. It's great getting paid to hang out with some fun guys and drive nicer cars

ConsManagement doesn't care about the valets. They only care about milking each account/client by putting up as many valets as they can. They also don't care too much about quality of valets they hire....and it shows. Most of their new hires are a bunch of shabby young kids who can barely drive a stick shift.

Once you reach some level of seniority, you would expect better treatment and respect. Not happening at this company. If you want some sort of job satisfaction as a valet or a sense of professionalism...look at the other valet companies around town (provided you're good at this).

Advice to Senior Management- Hire better quality of valets. You used to test candidates with a manual transmission vehicle. Why stop? some of these chaps are an embarrassment to the good valets.
    - Understand what drives valets to do better and be responsible. It's all money for them. If you provide them with some level of freedom, they will be happier and serve you better.
    - Better quality of valets must begin at shift lead level. Be more selective on the ones you promote. Having gloomy,immature shift leads only worsens the rest of the crew. Some of us want to be considered smart and professional by the customers.
    - Upper management needs to meet more often with shift leads. not enough communication...looks like u guys don't like confronting issues.
    - Change those uniforms. Shorts and polos look so professional. Makes the restaurant look good.
    - give senior employees the respect they deserve. You could definitely use some loyalty.

Worked for Tradition Valet? Contribute to the Community!