Traditum Group Reviews

Great experience

Former Employee - Trader
    Former Employee - Trader

I worked at Traditum Group

Pros

Very positive environment Sharing information Helpful every Sunday before the open phone calls CEO really helps with new trades

Cons

Some traders who don't succeeded complain all the time

Don't come !

I worked at Traditum Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent office, free lunch three times per month. And that's it ! A lot of friendly people working around.

Cons

There are many. Management team doesn't know well enough about market and trading technology. They are not original successful traders. Technology is way out of date. Management team like macro management and over your shoulders all the time. Long hours. No work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Management team should be completely replaced. Hire more experienced IT & technology guys. Hire management team who know both trading technology and market.

Awful trading experience. Unprofessional and inconsistent leadership.

I worked at Traditum Group

Pros

Free lunch. Wish I had more to add.

Cons

Long hours. Monday morning quarterbacking by management. Management favors certain traders who have different set of rules. Too many closed door meetings. Inconsistent risk management. No training program. Absolutely no work/life balance. You are expected to be in the market all of the time.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent. Do not favor certain traders and have a different set of rules for them. Develop training programs. Encourage work/life balance.

Apr 7, 2015 – Director of Operations

Traditum promotes a collaborative work environment, and we encourage debate and feedback - both positive and negative - from all current and former employees. We believe a constant feedback loop is ... More

Great

I have been working at Traditum Group full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

There are no cons that I can see.

Software Developer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Traditum Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Traditum has a very relaxed environment

Cons

Low pay, long hours, inconsistent direction

Advice to Management

More professionalism.

Trader

Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Traditum Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management cares about you. Great entry level for any one looking to trade, very competitive though. Fast paced. Meritocracy, if you do well you can profit.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, work Asia and Europe night market for beginners. Management will push trade ideas that never work. Fraternity atmosphere feel to it.

Apr 7, 2015 – Director of Operations

Disappointing place to begin a trading career; Okay if you're a professional who just needs backing

I worked at Traditum Group full-time

Pros

Management cares about you and wants you to succeed. Not a lot of red tape. Flat structure. Coworkers are willing to help each other.

Cons

Technology is way behind-the-curve in an industry that requires top-of-the-line tech to succeed. Pay structure is counterproductive to training new talent. Most employees treated poorly except for the top performers. No regard for process or talent; only results. No regard for work/life balance; terrible hours. Management often contradicts itself. Tedious work and a poor environment for learning useful skills.

Positive Trading Experience

I worked at Traditum Group

Pros

Great people and a solid support & growth system. Dedicated to improving technology. High quality talent and trading systems to foster success. Firm-wide events.

Cons

New traders begin working at night, which is hard on life outside of work and on health. Long hours and endless market vigilance does not guarantee success.

Advice to Management

Traditum would do well, if it plans to continue hiring new inexperienced talent, to build a better training and mentorship program to facilitate new-trader success.

Tier 4 firm in a 2 tier world

Current Employee - Trader
    Current Employee - Trader

I have been working at Traditum Group

Pros

"Free" lunch on Thursdays. Most people are friendly.

Cons

Micro management to the extreme, combined with a lack of understanding of markets makes a horrible management style. Management is very fickle and difficult to understand what they want to accomplish. Silo style trading is okay for the experienced trader, but doesn't work if you are trying to build a team trading environment. This is not an innovative shop and is well behind its Chicago prop trading peers. Office is like basement and technology is mediocre at best. Trading at night is a must (with a preference to cover Asia and Europe).

Advice to Management

Let's face it, electronic markets are extremely crowded these days. There is nothing magical about working here and will most likely set you back. Pick up the Treasury Bond Basis, learn how to program, head over to Advantage Futures and you'll be 10 steps ahead of these guys.

RSS Feed </> Embed