Traeger Pellet Grills

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
3.5

Jeremy Andrus

I love Traeger! It's a family environment with a product I am proud to be associated with.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative Via Call Center  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative Via Call Center in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an adult led business with adult coworkers. I'm a single mother and the benefits are competitive. I haven't been able to purchase or afford my own since the military. This company got me on my feet and walking. We are paid off of our personal production. A wonderful work hard = reward hard.

Cons

To be honest, we get fed and have our own work desks. My supervisors are always available and willing to answer questions. I can't think of anything negative to post......I'd like to get a bathroom upstairs, but that's straight lazy and not logical with the layout of the building.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe offer employee order form options for Skull Candy. I only say that because I would like to spoil myself with a shiny purple set =)

Happy Days at Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our monthly meetings to bring more transparency across the company always include food - as do every other week lunches with those auditioning. Plus, we're a grill company so there's constantly food being passed around, it goes well with the free fountain drinks and pop machine with cans! Amazing health insurance + super friendly people. Jeremy, the CEO is casual enough to take people out on Mondays to lunch to hear our feedback and you don't feel like it's a stuffy office where you can't speak up.

Cons

Salary could be better considering how much we do and how hard most of work to accomplish it. I'd love to see meetings set up with our manager + a higher-up so our work doesn't go unnoticed. There is a bit of favoritism, it'd be nice to see that go away, but it's like that in most companies.

The elephant in the room: are we moving buildings and away from Springville? We heard about and then nothing else was said.

Amazing ... if you want it to be!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for more than a year

Pros

Firstly, the grill itself can sell themselves, so you're there to really push them out the door and make your commissions. Seriously, if you get nothing else from reading this page - just know the grills are more than just a standard grill - go buy one.

Ok, so 10 days on, 10 days off - it might not be for all but it's perfect for me. The money is *AMAZING* if you know how to sell already and are willing to be on the go. (If last minute jobs pop up you want to be their go-to guy!)

You get to go all over the US on Traeger's dime! We don't have to do anything with travel except show up at the airport with your bags packed and a positive outlook that you're going to kill the show. Though you don't have extra time to hang out and visit but you can get your flights extended to stay longer if you're somewhere cool.

Cons

It's a challenge - but a good one!!
    Facetime and Skype aren't the same as actually being home with your family - but that's just part of the job, and part of what you're signing on for. Same thing with long hours - you're there when Costco is open - 10 days straight so get comfy shoes. The hotels can be sketchy depending on where you're at.

Consider upping the hotel budget and adding health insurance options.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall this is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the products, the benefits, including the friends and family grills benefit. Relaxed work environment for the most part.

Cons

Paid time off accrues more slowly here than anywhere I have even worked.

Train the people who do the cleaning and maintenance better. They do a poor job. Do they ever vacuum?

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Springville Office  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Springville Office in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel valued as an employee and as a person. Managers encourage feedback and do not have elitist attitudes, great benefits, growing company culture, monthly company meetings where questions are encouraged and company objectives and goals are shared. Perks: Bi-monthly company lunches to encourage a stronger company culture, complimentary soda fountain, and ping pong table in the break room.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and although feedback is encouraged, communication seems to get lost at times.

Increase communication between departments.

It is a wonderful place to work, and a great company that cares and takes good care of their employees.

Current Employee - Sales Representative - Nationwide  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative - Nationwide in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great co workers, everyone is so friendly and seem to always have a smile on their faces. it is a casual work environment, but that just makes me want to work harder to keep this job.

Cons

I don't like working weekends. I can't think of anything else I don't like.

Keep up the encouragement that you give all of us. I just want to try harder everyday because you are very good to me.

I love my job at Traeger and hope to be here a long long time.

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

Environment, people, money and management.

Cons

Would like a better base for the just in case factor

Your doing awesome

Fantastic place to work.

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product that sells itself. Great people to work with who share the same values. Good benefits. Great leadership.

Cons

A lot of favoritism exists in the office. Sometimes we are not always on the same page.

Get us all on the same page.

Great Company And People

Current Employee - Social Media Manager  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for more than a year

Pros

First off the grill is amazing! I have worked with other companies who's products have been sub par at best. I feel their pay if fair, and the people I work with are awesome!

Cons

The only bad thing is people still treat the company like a small company. Sometimes we will run out of water and they will ask someone to go refill it. When you're a company making over $100 million dollars a year you just hire someone to replace your water.

A work in progress but a good journey so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time for more than a year

Pros

I 100% believe in the product. Benefits are amazing. Everyone works together as a team - there is a great interdependence among the departments and co-workers here often become close friends. Company culture has come a long way, thanks to our CEO Jeremy.

Cons

PTO accrues absurdly slow. Sometimes feels like "A Gentlemen's Club" - hard to feel like women can ever advance in the work place amid such blatant sexism. My personal salary is several thousand dollars below the national average for my position. Some management is very receptive to feedback, others you feel like you're walking on eggshells.

Be more transparent. Get employee reviews set-up ASAP -- want to know how where we stand, what we are doing well, and where we can improve! Offer more INCENTIVES to (office) employees - bonuses, RAISES, parties outside the office. The sales reps work very hard in the field but both offices make their job POSSIBLE - we deserve some credit, too.

Traeger Pellet Grills Photos

Worked for Traeger Pellet Grills? Contribute to the Community!