Traeger Pellet Grills

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Jeremy Andrus

Pros
  • it is a casual work environment, but that just makes me want to work harder to keep this job (in 6 reviews)

• This company is looking for the most talented and hard-working salespeople in the country (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Retail sales involves long hours and being on the road for long periods of time (in 4 reviews)

• I worked for Traeger over 2 years and saw very high turnover of employees, spastic management, and cut-throat business relations (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Greatest place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Traeger because they provide an atmosphere that is fun to be a part of! The office isn't "stuffy" and flooded with politics, it's 'chill' and they promote creativity and actually encourage people to take ownership in what they're working on! We have tons of parties, our meetings usually include food or dessert AND we can Traeger our own meals any day of the week! I literally look forward to coming to work every day! ...oh and the employee product discounts ROCK!!!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Complainers don't know how good they have it here!

Glad I'm gone!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Traeger Pellet Grills

Pros

Every pro there was has gone out the window since naming Jeremy Andrus CEO

Cons

No regard for the employees working in the trenches!

Decide to change your pay or close location with no ample time to search for an alternative.

This was a great company to work for at one time! From the hiring staff to the trainers to the leaders... Until one Jeremy Andrus was named CEO. He lied to employees about the future of the company and that he will always be there to help the people "working in the trenches"... Yet, when you call him or email him, he passes you on to people who used tone great to work with but he took all their power away to make a decision on their own.

Horrible Company

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The product is "ok" there are better pellet grills on the market for less money. However folk that own a Traeger seem to love it.

Cons

I'm not here to vent so I'm not going into some long drawn out rant about Traeger. However I will say this much. If you are looking for a HONEST company that compensates you FAIRLY, and a FUN place to work.

DONT WORK FOR TRAEGER!!!

Keep up the good work you'll be out of business before you can say " you're cookin with wood "

Traeger Pellet Grills Response

Dec 11, 2014Director of Recruiting

I'm sorry to hear you didn't find this as a fit. Throughout the interview and on-boarding process we make every attempt to ensure the Outside Sales position is a fit for Traeger as well as a fit for ... More

A Liar, A Tiger and another lie "OH MY"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THE GRILL. THE PRODUCT. THE PRODUCT.

Cons

Here is one example of what they do. I was a store manager for 2 years and was invited out to a company dinner with the NEW management team. We dined in fine fashion. Spared no expense. We talked business of course and were promised that the direction of the store roll out was going to continue, expand and grow. In short, our jobs would be secured. We were PROMISED this. Fast forward 3 months (AFTER BBQ SEASON). More than %50 of the stores or Kiosks were immediately shut down. No warning. No alternatives. NO NOTHING. This company promises you the world with travel, 100k, benefits ect... I worked for Traeger over 2 years and saw very high turnover of employees, spastic management, and cut-throat business relations. These guys are like a fraternity. A whole lot of excited puppies running around a yard in every direction, bumping, biting, and fighting each other.

Stop Listening to a washed up actor with ZERO business ability. He is a salesman, THAT'S IT!!!!! Pressure your sales force, but with realistic goals. Finally your stores have an LY to go off of and not just some made up goal. You guys have an amazing product. It's too bad you let a washed up C rate actor dupe you guys and consequently lost a handful of talented salesmen in Southern California.

Be a killer or suffee

Current Employee - Costco Travel Team in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Costco Travel Team in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is good if you are on a set schedule. Money is good if you can consistently hit your goals.

Cons

If you don't hit your goals you won't be working much. No communication from management team leaves you in limbo. Will I be working or not?

Don't mind coming to work everyday

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is one of very few places where I can honestly say I don't mind getting up in the morning to go to work! If I am tired, there's plenty of free soda to go around ;) Everyone in the office is supportive of each other.

Cons

I wish PTO would accrue faster. I'm surprised at how slow it takes!! I'd love to take a long weekend, but I want to save PTO for sick time.

Totally Wasteful

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The grills are wonderful.....
    The possibilities of a successful company providing the opportunity for a successful career are so very enticing...

Cons

This is a perfect script for a Really Bad Movie...you hire a failed actor who convinces the upper management of a company with an outstanding product that He (failed actor) can lead this company to the "promised land" of great corporate success with his "actor's" philosophies.
    So, the company spends Thousands and Thousands of corporate $$ to fly in candidates for a week long "audition", some are chosen, some are not...repeat Over and Over....
    Those who "make the cast" are treated horribly (read the reviews here)
    they live every day in fear....none of them stay for long.
    Lots of dreams go up in smoke because of an unworkable system

Punt the failed actor, carefully hire a talented sales force. Give them support, help, encouragement, ongoing professional development. Statistics (real ones, not those provided by the actor) will show that the most successful companies have a work force of consistent producers. The insane turn over in your sales force should be a red flag that your system is flawed.
    Invest most of the $$ you are spending bringing hundreds of people per year who will be temporary at best through the cattle call. Develop a sales force that you want to honestly work with.
    You have a great product, it should be fun to sell it...then it will be fun to buy it... no one can have a relaxed selling situation with unreasonable pressure.

Traeger Pellet Grills Response

Nov 19, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback and insight. As always, any opportunity to learn and grow as an individual or company is warmly welcomed. At Traeger, we pride ourselves in having an amazing product line ... More

Sales

I worked at Traeger Pellet Grills part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has no pros to it.

Cons

Turn and burn company. People are not valued.

A rollercoaster of horrible. Don't put your family through it.

Former Employee - Sales Representative - Nationwide in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative - Nationwide in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money is good in the spring and summer. The 9 days off are a nice break. Product is awesome. I have heard that departments outside of Sales the employees are treating fairly.

Cons

Horrible company and horrible management. I am astonished that the State has not made them change their practices. You are called a W-2 employee but you never know if you will have work or not. I would go out on a show, finish above 10 plus people on the leader board and get "benched". "Benched" is a way of saying you did bad we are not going to let you work. First let me say I am all for a performance based job and believe you should receive what you deserve. However, when the politics take over and people who performed far worse than you receive work its insane. Their "benching" process is the worst of it all. Show assignments come out on a Monday or Tuesday. Come Tuesday afternoon you will start to wonder, "was I benched"? So naturally you call, you email, you text your supervisors/management. No response............ Wednesday same thing. Some times on a Friday you will get a "courtesy text" saying "due to performance we were not able to put you on the schedule". No joke, that's it. Some instances you will receive ZERO communication for weeks on end. The job is one of the toughest physically and mentally you will ever do. You shed blood, sweat and tears for this company to survive and they will not have the decency to even let you know if you have work or not. Don't put your family through it. Don't put yourself through it. I was with the company. The individuals that have lasted in this position just understand they are going to repeatedly get slapped and they have been slapped so many times they are numb to it. Lastly, this company is located in Utah and a saying that I now know is true........."Mormons help Mormons"

I wonder how you answer your recommend question "Were you honest and fair in your business doings"?

Happy Days at Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT

I have been working at Traeger Pellet Grills full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Our monthly meetings to bring more transparency across the company always include food - as do every other week lunches with those auditioning. Plus, we're a grill company so there's constantly food being passed around, it goes well with the free fountain drinks and pop machine with cans! Amazing health insurance + super friendly people. Jeremy, the CEO is casual enough to take people out on Mondays to lunch to hear our feedback and you don't feel like it's a stuffy office where you can't speak up.

Cons

Salary could be better considering how much we do and how hard most of work to accomplish it. I'd love to see meetings set up with our manager + a higher-up so our work doesn't go unnoticed. There is a bit of favoritism, it'd be nice to see that go away, but it's like that in most companies.

The elephant in the room: are we moving buildings and away from Springville? We heard about and then nothing else was said.

Traeger Pellet Grills Photos