Tragon

Add Photos

Douglas Vort

Response to comments about CEO

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThis posting is in response to the few complaints and personal attacks that have been written here about Tragon in general and Tragon’s CEO in particular. I am the Operations Manager for Tragon Corp. overseeing three offices and a staff of over 50 full-time employees.

For starters, as the operations manager, I can tell you that our CEO is NOT a micro-manager as claimed. In fact, I don’t think he can be more hands-off without being totally disengaged. He is involved to the extent that he sets the direction of the company, delegates to the executive team and follows-up accordingly. He visits clients around the world and supports our account team whenever they request him too. His interaction with the rest of the staff outside the executive and account teams is much more of ‘social’ in nature, cheerleader and simply keeping a pulse on people and things.

As for the comments about our CEO’s character, it is apparent that they come from a small group of disgruntled people who would have limited knowledge of how the company operates. These negative comments are clearly written by temp employees or low-level staff that would have little to no contact with him. They certainly don’t know that he matches 100% of all 401(k) contributions every year; or his tireless work with local charities and underprivileged kids; or the cars he’s purchased for staff; or the funeral expenses he paid for a deceased employee when the family couldn’t afford to. I could go on with more, but I think this paints a more accurate picture of the type of person that our CEO really is.

ConsNone that I can think of

Bad CEO, bad company.

Temp (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFun co-workers, good work load and interesting projects.

ConsThe CEO is the worst man I've ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementOust the CEO and establish better leadership. Stop micromanaging and drop the power trip

This is micromanaged company, perception is reality.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExposure to international companies
    Easy access to 101 and easy to get to.

ConsMicromanaging CEO whom bases his managing on his perceptions of people.
    Has favorites in the company.
    401K matching policy is not clear, based on vesting period which is not stated and CEO holds right not to match anyone if he so chooses.
    CEO also can deny medical coverage claims so have a lawyer ready.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Something shady is going on....

Recruiter (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGreat location to 101 and easily accessible
    Great experience
    Worked with international companies and honed business skills

ConsExtremely micromanaged
    Played favorites
    Recruiting call center is has very few employees of Tragon - most are temps (constantly turning over new people)
    When hired, HR gave little to no information about paid holidays, company incentives. i had to ask about health, 401K and other benefits.
    HR shady and when questions are asked, you're black balled within the company resulting in "termination"
    No advancement opportunity or feedback until they're ready to get rid of you

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO should not micromanage employees which he has no interaction
    Allow people to learn and provide streamline training

Worked for Tragon? Contribute to the Community!