Trail Blazers Marketing

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
4.1

Mike Malkovich

Number one reason is the opportunity that this company provides. Managers have an open door policy always looking to push me to hit my goals in life.

Current Employee - Leader
    Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

office is fun,energetic and extremely positive. A place I look forward to going everyday. Everyone is a team player helping anyway they can.

Cons

No big cons in this company. I haven't found another company that can provide the opportunity nor the atmosphere that trail blazer provides.

Enjoy coming to work

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First job where I actually look forward to coming to work. I am surrounded by goal oriented driven young professionals that are committed to the team and strive to see the company expand and grow together. I like the fact that I am paid on commission, I get paid as hard as I want to work that week, no one gets to tell me how much I am worth at the end of the day.

Cons

The learning curve can be a bit sharp, but of you pay attention and take the training to heart you will be successful.

Trail Blazers Marketing has given me an opportunity for personal and professional growth providing the ability to learn.

Current Employee - Account Lead in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Account Lead in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The educational experience is like nothing I have ever found before. We learn and grow becoming more impactful in our area. Every day we are developing skills that are essential to every walk and course of life. The environment is friendly and is quite conducive for learning and progressing. I have appreciated the drive forward, goal oriented time I have spent here.

Cons

At first this job requires a bit of learning. It is nothing too hard to overcome, and once you get the hang of it all else is made easy.

The reason why I have come to enjoy this job is due to the respect I have gained for management. They are the lead by example type and hold us to a professional standard that prepares us for our future.

Interesting place that was not a fit for someone who needs a salary

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing (less than a year)

Pros

This place has a pool table and some cool people to work with. Hours are flexible and easy to manage.

Cons

This is a sales job and there is no other way to explain it. Do not expect to do a real market research project or report. This is cold calling and straight to the sales kind of place to work in.

Stop trying to sell your company to employees. Let them see what they are becoming a part of and allow them to decide beforehand if they want to be a part of it.

Working for Trail Blazers Marketing has an amazing potential for growth opportunity

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding atmosphere, very well structured training program, management is great. The account executive position provides thorough training and business development opportunities. All of the employees are very outgoing and humorous. Working for this company makes it so work no longer seem like a chore.

Cons

The may be a slight learning curve with the sales process for some people. However, it is great to be able to see the tangible growth in one's abilities.

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere and culture are great! Everybody is very positive and goal oriented. I absolutely love the people I work with. I learn something new everyday; and I know this company is going places and doing great things!

Cons

I really cannot think of too many things to put here. Like any job, there are things that I don't love but I am sure those are specific to myself.

I got in trouble because I didn't sell enough and then got fired.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tigard, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overall fun atmosphere with about 10 people in the office, but that can quickly change if you aren't producing.

Cons

The negativity if you are struggling. After a week or so you simply have to always produce or there is no pay. Walking door to door to knock on a stangers door in the cold rain and ice really is tough.

Be there for your employees. Help them succeed and don't play favorites

Great place to learn the industry

Former Employee - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The sales team is excellent and the supporting staff are top of the line. The environment is great for learning the ropes then thriving. Management is awesome here, they really know how to motivate you. Learned a ton about sales, marketing, business and leadership. Paid training.

Cons

Must be a self starter. Hard work. Like any other job, if you don't put in the work, you won't get the result.

Keep up the great training and leadership!

I worked for this company for over a year and it taught me so many skills and how to work my off.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, great communication, great clients and amazing opportunity. Learned that hard work really does pay off and built amazing relationships with clients and co workers. No glass ceiling and if you want to go far, you will. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

You have to work your tail off, so if you can't handle the heat..stay out of the kitchen. Base pay could be higher also.

Good opportunity for a select few personalities.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Trail Blazers Marketing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment. High energy and enthusiasm. Fun co-workers. No big brother watching your every move. Good money if you can manipulate clients into closing deals.

Cons

Very dog eat dog style of job, everyone is in it for themselves. Cold calling is hard and stressful work. Most employees I know barely mode enough to pay rent. On the books Work starts at 8 and ends at 5 (8-5) but management will fire you if you aren't "putting effort into your opportunity" by showing up by at least 7am and leaving no later then 6 pm. Very bad job to take if you have a family you enjoy seeing.

Treat your employees like people and not numbers.

Trail Blazers Marketing Photos