Trail Creek Investments

Trail Creek Investments Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

W Gerald Thornton

Been lied to since the minute I walked in the door!

I have been working at Trail Creek Investments full-time

ProsGood benefits. Promises that are made when accepting the position sound great! Too bad they are all lies. Free Turkey at Thanksgiving.

ConsGot hired and told I would be working 40-45 hours a week, that hasn't happened since the first month of employment. Most hostile work environment I have ever been in. Training is nonexistent, they give you a computer and a list and tell you to get busy! Management is completely useless with their nitpicking over everything, empty promises and straight out lies. Management will work you to death until you are so burned out you can't take anymore, but that's OK with them, they'll just bring the next person in and repeat the process. Employees have No value to management, they are just a body to do the work. Very disappointed in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problems begin at the top. Stop the favoritism. Be realistic about the 50-60 hours a week you are asking your employees to work without any additional compensation. You are burning out good hard working people.

Please keep looking

I have been working at Trail Creek Investments full-time for more than 5 years

ProsJeans on Fridays which you pay for at $3 a pop & free turkey for Thanksgiving

ConsNo communication, senior management has no idea what teamwork is all about, team handbook states cannot hire family members, yet continue to do so, micromanagement, no lunch or breaks , very long hours, do not get paid overtime , Management continues to run good people out monthly. No management can make a decision other that to get rid of good people.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes on what is truly needed...

Mergers and acquisitions.

I have been working at Trail Creek Investments full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAggressively upgrading technology and equipment. Aggressively going after new accounts. Streamlined inventory ordering. Upper management is hands off when it comes to each individual location.

ConsAggressively cutting payroll. No overtime. Payroll budget is always on the low side. Inflexible procedures. Limited advancement opportunity. Feel like just a number.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being cheap. If you want to keep good employees you need to compensate them. Customers sense dissatisfied employees and declining service. No raises in five years isn't going to cut it.

Don't work here if you want to be treated with respect

I have been working at Trail Creek Investments full-time

ProsGood benefit package, can wear jeans on Fridays.

ConsUnclear & unrealistic expectations of some employees while others receive special treatment. Management has no respect for employees(rude & demeaning) and spend every moment monitoring progress of processes they don't even bother to understand. Refuse to take responsibility when they fail - you will be thrown under the bus at some point.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry doing the jobs you are constantly criticizing, maybe if you understood what your employees do you'd get the results you want. Your method obviously isn't working - everyone quits (or spends half their day complaining) because they can't stand being micromanaged because you have nothing better to do. Literally nothing to do because you won't take responsibility for anything.
Stop hiring family members! The company is being hurt by these posers who are rarely effective & cause ill will amongst employees. You can train & educate them all you want but it isn't going to change the fact that someone smarter & more motivated should have the job.

Great Culture

Accounting (Current Employee)

I have been working at Trail Creek Investments full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, mgmt is always there, easy to talk to, good strong ethics

ConsSpread out, poor communication on occasion

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Worked for Trail Creek Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trail Creek Investments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trail Creek Investments CEO W Gerald Thornton. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Trail Creek Investments employees.