Trailer Park

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
3.1

Rick Eiserman

A great place to intern.

Current Employee - Audio in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Audio in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Dogs, free diet coke, cheap lunch, everyone is extremely nice, laid back atmosphere, amazing things to work on and get your name on, overall good experience.

Cons

There aren't really any cons to working at Trailer Park. I absolutely love it here. There are tight deadlines but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.

Worked here for 8 hours and quit.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have an extremely quick turnaround rate. Lots of opportunities!

Cons

I worked at my previous company for 3 years and decided to head to LA to be closer to my family. A recruiter reached out to me and I interviewed with TP on a Wednesday. After meeting with my recruiter, a producer, soon-to-be boss's old assistant and an SVP, everyone seemed super down to earth and fun. They offered me the job on the spot without meeting my soon-to-be-boss but I was assured that he was a "great guy." I accepted the offer. I started that Friday. He wasn't a great guy--and neither were any of the folks I had met with only days earlier.

I got the cold shoulder from two of the folks I met with in my interview. Absolutely RUDE. My "boss" didn't even bother to introduce himself to his new assistant until nearly 1pm, when he quietly asked his old assistant to ask me to organize his refrigerator, and wipe down his treadmill (standing desk) with Clorox wipes while he sat and said nothing to me (riveting stuff). Didn't ask me a single question about myself. Didn't welcome me to the team. Nothing. For the next couple of hours, everyone who walked by my desk as I studied his "manual" gave me the "poor you" look. I was mortified. I felt ridiculous for taking the job before meeting this person.

His previous assistant who was now juggling two jobs appeared to be frightened of him. It threw me off and sounded an alarm. I knew something wasn't right. After 8 hours I went to HR and resigned. I treated myself to a martini at the Roosevelt rooftop and with a sigh of relief, I gave myself a pat on the back for knowing not to stay. If you're thinking you might want to leave, just do it. Life's too short to work for people like that and there are SO many wonderful companies with really really great people who want to help you succeed here in LA. You can do better than this dump (I've heard 2 other horror stories similar to mine, trying to save anyone thinking about taking a job here some time & energy).

None. This place seems super broken.

Great foot in the door but great to move on from too.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun environment and co-workers. Good high-profile projects and clients. Good pay. Lots of good food within walking distance. Decent parking. Great place to connect with like-minded individuals for future friendship and employment. Dogs allowed in the office.

Cons

Long hours, weekend hours, working through lunches are all expected. Double standards & nepotism in almost every department. Egos are allowed and sometimes even nurtured rather than cut off from the get-go. Many office perks only benefit employees higher on the food chain. Lack of personal connection from the top down. Many times design approval only goes through one producer so if you don't meet their personal style good luck getting anything picked. Hollywood Blvd is awful. Limited vacation and sick days. Dogs allowed in the office.

Connect with everyone in the company, not just the Heads of each department. Put a stop to double standards and nepotism.

Production Coordinator

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good food, free parking, you can bring your dog to work.

Cons

You work very late hours, no training available when you join the "team" you are expected to know everything in your first month, if you mess up at all your fired. Everyone is out for themselves and seems very stressed and nervous. This company is a revolving door, on my first week I saw 1 person leave and 3 get fired. They flew me out from NY for my position (HR said I was a great match) I had 5 days to sit and take notes and shadow the producer, then I was entirely on my own. I was told I wasn't allowed to ask any more questions (because they felt I was asking too many) I also was told by the VP of my department if I don't completely finish my project from beginning to end without asking any questions or issues I will lose my job. Imagine trying to complete a project on your own your first month, after moving across the country, and signing a lease for an apartment, while the management hangs your job above your head. They don't care about your well being. I spoke with HR as well about the issue, and they said "I'm sure your fine, you won't lose your job" The next day they told me to pack my things and leave. Do not work here, save your self the trouble. I would give this company 0 stars if I was able to.

Train your new employees, allow them to ask questions, and give the proper/fair amount of time to get comfortable with handling campaigns before throwing them into the snake pit.

Churn and burn

I worked at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

Good group of creative individuals to work with. You might make some lifelong friends under the circumstances. A good amount of high profile projects to work on, which may make a good portfolio builder.

Cons

Revolving door. Cramped spaces with little to no privacy. Hard to get creative work done in such a loud setting. Projects often mismanaged, so there are many late nights.

Hip, Interesting & Always Exciting But Be Prepared To Work 24 Hours

I have been working at Trailer Park full-time

Pros

Amazing list of high profile clients from all the major studios and brands. You can bring in pets. There are frequent happy hours with open bar. Company parties are off the charts. Catered lunch each day. Free dinner each night (if you work into the night). Great medical benefits plus a 401K with generous company matching contributions. OT pay that is comparable to union policy without this being a union shop.

Cons

Long, long, long hours. A 15-hour day for 7 days a week is not unheard of in some departments. There is just so much work and every client wants everything yesterday. While immediate managers are super helpful, your boss's boss will be nearly inaccessible which sucks if you are trying to show your contributions for promotion or justify getting additional equipment/software to make your operation run better.

It is very easy to get stuck in a position if you do it well enough.

The promotions and accolades process should be more transparent. A lot of people go above and beyond the call of duty in this job and rarely get acknowledged for it. This is mainly because the people who give promotions rarely have interaction with those doing the work. If there were more micro-departmental interactions and maybe even legit reviews of work every few months, those stand out candidates would be more apparent to upper management.

The environment at Trailer Park is fun, fast-paced, and exciting

Former Employee - Assistant Editor (Theatrical) in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Editor (Theatrical) in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, dogs and scooters everywhere, amazing views of Hollywood and the red carpet, fantastic parties.

Cons

Long days and occasional weekends, always crowded and busy outside.

A Toxic Place To Work

Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Editor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The catered lunches and beer keg in lobby are perhaps the best parts of working here. Great co-workers.

Cons

The management and supervisors depending on department berate their employees and create a very toxic and non-trusting environment. Very corporate. Pay is no where near competitive to other trailer houses. Very little room or interest in promoting. If promoted pay raise is meager. Beware of complaining. Might be told that your lucky just to be there.

If employees frequently leave a position, then something is very wrong. Treat lower level employees with respect and give them fair pay.

Top level clients

Former Employee - Production Coordinator/Copywriter in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator/Copywriter in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of creative energy. Great work for a portfolio. Free lunch.

Cons

Bit of a revolving door, lots buying of companies, and divisions, laying off with a few years

Great stepping stone in fast paced, high visibility projects.

Former Employee - Web Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Trailer Park full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Trailer Park has an extremely dynamic environment with high profile work for entertainment marketing campaigns. We fortunately had great leadership at the time that nurtured innovation which made the team thrive. Lots of young, skateboarding, hipsters, fully stocked kitchen available for possible late nights working.

Cons

Lots of young, skateboarding, hipsters, fully stocked kitchen available for possible late nights working. The other side to high profile work is the insane "due yesterday" deadlines that you need to meet.

Management was great at the time. No complaints from me.