TrailersPlus

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Michael Snow

Replacable

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsCan be good money if in the right market. No two days alike, closed on Sundays. Working with the public can be fun

Conshigh turnover, employees are cogs in the wheel and not valued. what have you done for me lately attitude despite hard work. traffic is seasonal with 3 to 4 solid months to sell

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees as assets and realize how hard they work on a daily basis.

TrailersPlus is growing and it is getting fun!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsThe company culture is fast-paced and will keep you on your toes. As this company grows I feel like there are numerous opportunities to grow with it. Probably the one reason why I like this company is that it promotes from within, allowing its employees to create a career that is useful in any industry.

ConsAlthough benefits are substantial. I would love to see long-term plan for employees to be part of a 401K program or retirement plan that we can be a part of.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt might be helpful to hire an office manager or an administrative assistant who can help keep management's busy schedules organized.

Positive for the most part

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsPretty flexible, easy to work with when it comes to school or family events and time off.

ConsNo sick/Vacation pay. Benefits are expensive. Would prefer a combination of 10 sick/vacation days to be used how I see fit, once its gone its gone until the new year. High employee turnover at the stores

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some themed days like on Fridays, movie passes, GC for a local eatery. Free beverages or snacks in the kitchen, vacation days, On hot summer days have smoothies for everyone from Jamba Juice? just thinking outside of the box

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Best Career anyone could ask for.

ProsI have been here for a little over 13 years now, the Team atmosphere and my co-workers are awesome. The Pay is great, they currently and will continue to provide health benefits. TrailersPlus continues to grow each and every year, it is an honor to be apart of something so great.

ConsHave to be organized, have the ability to follow direction as it is given. Got to have the want to succeed and be apart of something amazing. Some say that we are too structured at times, but that structure is what keeps us going. Without the structure we would be going backwards instead of continuing to move forward and grow as a business.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the hard work. Thanks for all you do.

TrailersPlus Marketing Director responded to this review

May 7, 2014

TrailersPlus is a growing company that values the work and dedication of its employees.Thank you for your review.

Great opportunity for career-minded individuals to reach goals and make money.

ProsPay. Co-workers. Expectations firmly laid out. Hours. Easy product to sell. Corporate support.

ConsSome teammates don't see the benefit of working within a proven structure, and then they go outside the way things are done, it makes things difficult on the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand the HR department

Good Hours.

ProsOnly reason why I'm there is because of working with an awesome sales guy. Hours are pretty good. Pay is ok, but could be better for all the BS we have to deal with.

ConsSooo micro managed!!! Their too worried about their redundant paper work and emails and focus on the customer service. Can't even get the right trailers or even parts that customers paid for to the lot. Customers wait months to get parts.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring friends that don't know about running a company and hire people that actually know what's going on outside the "TrailersPlus World" One more thing, stop killing trees!! Customers info is in CRM, quit being lazy and look!

TrailersPlus Hiring Manager responded to this review

May 7, 2014

Thank you for the response, your input is appreciated. We are currently taking steps to improve our work flow and help make better Sales Consultants.

Worst experience of my Life!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsGood product, great people in the local stores.

ConsMicro Management taken to a new level, makes Orwell's Big Brother look reasonable. Charge customers extra to use a credit card to cover the 3% transaction fee and they do a poor job of explaining that to customers. Computer system, designed and built by CEO Mike Snow, is so bad it takes half an hour to put a customer in the system. And that's if it doesn't crash or freeze. Employees have to check in with middle management to make a deal on a trailer. The onsite manager doesn't actually manage anything at the store, just implements policies handed down from on high and heaven help him if he makes a mistake no matter how slight. Don't answer an E-mail in a timely manner, even though your helping customers? Citation! Don't take a lunch when you're scheduled to because your helping a customer? Citation! Focus is not on customer service, only on following policies that may sound reasonable on paper, they just don't work in the real world. Like getting the Name, Phone Number and E-mail address of everyone that comes onto the trailer lot. But if you don't, Citation!

Advice to Senior ManagementGive store managers negotiating authority so you can cut out the "Deal makers" and sell your trailers at a reasonable price. Use commercially available software that works and makes sense. Stop Micro managing your employees.

TrailersPlus Hiring Manager responded to this review

May 7, 2014

We are sorry you feel this way about TrailersPlus. We are trying to take steps towards improving our company and make it a more enjoyable place to work. Your feed back is very helpful and allows to ... More

Micro managed to the point of being ridiculous. Software is extremely basic and slows down the purchasing process.

ProsThe only thing I can say about this company is they make a real good trailer. The only model worth owning is the load runner pro series. All the other models are sub-par.

ConsThe pay is a joke! No paid vacation, the software is so bad it's crippling the the employees ability to provide even the smallest amount of customer service. The amount of paperwork they think it should take to sell a simple trailer will make your head spin. I haven't seen a customer yet that didn't comment on the length of time it takes to purchase a trailer even when paying cash. Every employee has to fill out a PVA. This is a form that you have to log EVERY single thing you do throughout the day accounting for every second of every day. No benefits, extremely low pay, extremely high pressure sales. They expect the sales staff and store managers to be marketing experts by creating "business plans" to grow the business and make them more money. They keep the pay structure so confusing that not even the girls that do payroll can explain how anything is calculated. They do this to hide and cheat everyone out of commissions. Everything about this company is a complete joke

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they are worth. Stop letting Michael Snow write the software and start over with something that actually works more than 25% of the time and doesn't slow down every step of the process.

Extremely Poor Management and Ownership

Sales Person (Current Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsGood Hours
    Quality Product
    They do have a $10 per hour base pay + commissions.
    I really like the guys I work with. That is the only reason I haven't left.

ConsMicro-management at the GREATEST EXTENT. You have to write and re-write all of your customer interactions and then enter the same information into the computer system.
    You have to write down and track every minute of your day....seriously....every minute.
    I have sold a lot of trailers for this company. They are always looking for a way to keep the money and squeeze the salesman out of the deal.
    Any "problems" that arise at the store (break ins, damaged equipment, maintenance) are paid for with the store bonus pool....which means you don't get any of the extra money you worked to earn.
    They place no value on the employees they have. "If you don't like the way things are, then you can leave." That is a quote from one of the highest ranking managers in the company, as well as the opinion of the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your buddies, with NO experience, to run things. You have well qualified staff already available.
    Stop hiring plant employees to run a sales force. They are clueless as to what is necessary to make a sale happen.
    Pay your employees the money you claim to pay. You already make us nickle and dime the customer....don't nickle and dime us.

One you'll look back and wish you hadn't

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Nampa, ID

ProsMost regular employees are good people.
    High quality product to get excited about.
    Days are usually filled with work.
    Major Holidays off.
    Not a bad FIRST sales job.

ConsNot even sure where to begin.
    This company brings new meaning to the term Micro Managing, and there is NO MARGIN for error.
    Like the others said, you have to fill out a form every time the phone rings or someone comes on the lot. If you do not, there is and endless amount of threats about receiving citations, and loss of pay.
    You have to fill out a schedule that lines out your day in its entirety, and you must account for every minute of your day. Not only this, but the schedule has to be sent out at the end of every day for the next day for approval.
    There is a huge lack of trust and an unwillingness to let anyone do their job. Probably why most of the good salesman do not last. When you have people who have never sold anything trying to tell you what you did or are doing wrong. Its kind of hard to swallow.
    A monthly competition report is something that must be sent out without fail, and no matter what is in it. You feel like NO ONE reads it. I have personally sunk many hours into giving a very in depth report of our competition, and I never even heard a word about it.
    The pay scale is constantly changing. In the years I have worked here, it has changed several times. Seeming to be better suited for the salesman to make more money but in the long run a way for the company to take away from the stores. If something is stolen, broken, or any kind of services has to be done at the store. It paid for from the store bonus pool.
    The company used to be more innovative in leading the industry with added features to their trailers, but that has since fizzled out. Also, selling custom trailers used to be one of the best ways to make a little extra money. Now you do not make any more than selling one off the lot.
    Thought I had a career years ago, now I just cannot wait to find something to get me out of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter. I could have the best advice in the world and they wouldn't listen. They are only worried about themselves and their money. You ask any of your employees at any of the stores, considering they knew it would not cost them their job, and they would tell you. Again, not that it matters, they would not have the nerve to do such a thing. They would truly see how the morale really is. I can honestly say this company was on the way UP, and as of the last 2 years has been on a steady downward spiral. Competition has caught on to what we do and how we do it, and they are no longer just laying down and taking it.

Worked for TrailersPlus? Contribute to the Community!