TrailersPlus Reviews

Michael Snow

1. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a place where you can settle down and build a great career. They pay is very fair, hours are great, and you learn skills that will help you not only professionally but also in life. You get to be a part of a growing business and actually feel like you make a difference in the company.

Cons

This job can be stressful at times, but that goes for any job that involves customer service. There is a lot of paperwork and procedures that must be followed, but that is what keeps the company moving forward and really helps us at the store be more successful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue building a great company.

2. Great Opportunity

Pros

Good hours. Great opportunity to make money. Opportunities for advancement. Growing!!

Cons

Lots of changes with growth. Competitive industry.

3. Replacable

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at TrailersPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can be good money if in the right market. No two days alike, closed on Sundays. Working with the public can be fun

Cons

high turnover, employees are cogs in the wheel and not valued. what have you done for me lately attitude despite hard work. traffic is seasonal with 3 to 4 solid months to sell

Advice to Management

treat employees as assets and realize how hard they work on a daily basis.

5. TrailersPlus is growing and it is getting fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is fast-paced and will keep you on your toes. As this company grows I feel like there are numerous opportunities to grow with it. Probably the one reason why I like this company is that it promotes from within, allowing its employees to create a career that is useful in any industry.

Cons

Although benefits are substantial. I would love to see long-term plan for employees to be part of a 401K program or retirement plan that we can be a part of.

Advice to Management

It might be helpful to hire an office manager or an administrative assistant who can help keep management's busy schedules organized.

6. Positive for the most part

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty flexible, easy to work with when it comes to school or family events and time off.

Cons

No sick/Vacation pay. Benefits are expensive. Would prefer a combination of 10 sick/vacation days to be used how I see fit, once its gone its gone until the new year. High employee turnover at the stores

Advice to Management

Have some themed days like on Fridays, movie passes, GC for a local eatery. Free beverages or snacks in the kitchen, vacation days, On hot summer days have smoothies for everyone from Jamba Juice? just thinking outside of the box

7. The Best Career anyone could ask for.

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for a little over 13 years now, the Team atmosphere and my co-workers are awesome. The Pay is great, they currently and will continue to provide health benefits. TrailersPlus continues to grow each and every year, it is an honor to be apart of something so great.

Cons

Have to be organized, have the ability to follow direction as it is given. Got to have the want to succeed and be apart of something amazing. Some say that we are too structured at times, but that structure is what keeps us going. Without the structure we would be going backwards instead of continuing to move forward and grow as a business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. Thanks for all you do.

May 7, 2014 – Marketing Director

TrailersPlus is a growing company that values the work and dedication of its employees.Thank you for your review.

8. Great opportunity for career-minded individuals to reach goals and make money.

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. Co-workers. Expectations firmly laid out. Hours. Easy product to sell. Corporate support.

Cons

Some teammates don't see the benefit of working within a proven structure, and then they go outside the way things are done, it makes things difficult on the rest of the team.

Advice to Management

Expand the HR department

9. Good Hours.

Pros

Only reason why I'm there is because of working with an awesome sales guy. Hours are pretty good. Pay is ok, but could be better for all the BS we have to deal with.

Cons

Sooo micro managed!!! Their too worried about their redundant paper work and emails and focus on the customer service. Can't even get the right trailers or even parts that customers paid for to the lot. Customers wait months to get parts.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends that don't know about running a company and hire people that actually know what's going on outside the "TrailersPlus World" One more thing, stop killing trees!! Customers info is in CRM, quit being lazy and look!

May 7, 2014 – Hiring Manager

Thank you for the response, your input is appreciated. We are currently taking steps to improve our work flow and help make better Sales Consultants.

Worst experience of my Life!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nampa, ID

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good product, great people in the local stores.

Cons

Micro Management taken to a new level, makes Orwell's Big Brother look reasonable. Charge customers extra to use a credit card to cover the 3% transaction fee and they do a poor job of explaining that to customers. Computer system, designed and built by CEO Mike Snow, is so bad it takes half an hour to put a customer in the system. And that's if it doesn't crash or freeze. Employees have to check in with middle management to make a deal on a trailer. The onsite manager doesn't actually manage anything at the store, just implements policies handed down from on high and heaven help him if he makes a mistake no matter how slight. Don't answer an E-mail in a timely manner, even though your helping customers? Citation! Don't take a lunch when you're scheduled to because your helping a customer? Citation! Focus is not on customer service, only on following policies that may sound reasonable on paper, they just don't work in the real world. Like getting the Name, Phone Number and E-mail address of everyone that comes onto the trailer lot. But if you don't, Citation!

Advice to Management

Give store managers negotiating authority so you can cut out the "Deal makers" and sell your trailers at a reasonable price. Use commercially available software that works and makes sense. Stop Micro managing your employees.

May 7, 2014 – Hiring Manager

We are sorry you feel this way about TrailersPlus. We are trying to take steps towards improving our company and make it a more enjoyable place to work. Your feed back is very helpful and allows to ... More

11. Micro managed to the point of being ridiculous. Software is extremely basic and slows down the purchasing process.

I have been working at TrailersPlus full-time

Pros

The only thing I can say about this company is they make a real good trailer. The only model worth owning is the load runner pro series. All the other models are sub-par.

Cons

The pay is a joke! No paid vacation, the software is so bad it's crippling the the employees ability to provide even the smallest amount of customer service. The amount of paperwork they think it should take to sell a simple trailer will make your head spin. I haven't seen a customer yet that didn't comment on the length of time it takes to purchase a trailer even when paying cash. Every employee has to fill out a PVA. This is a form that you have to log EVERY single thing you do throughout the day accounting for every second of every day. No benefits, extremely low pay, extremely high pressure sales. They expect the sales staff and store managers to be marketing experts by creating "business plans" to grow the business and make them more money. They keep the pay structure so confusing that not even the girls that do payroll can explain how anything is calculated. They do this to hide and cheat everyone out of commissions. Everything about this company is a complete joke

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth. Stop letting Michael Snow write the software and start over with something that actually works more than 25% of the time and doesn't slow down every step of the process.

RSS Feed </> Embed