Trainor Glass Company

Robert J Trainor Jr

1. A shame it was forced to cease operations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

I worked at Trainor Glass Company (More than a year)

Pros

Trainor Glass was one of the the best in the glazing industry. Their roster of magnificent projects speaks for itself. A lot of very smart and talented people worked here.

Cons

With so many locations throughout the country, communication was challenging at times, but they invested heavily into the best technology to try and minimize any issues.

Advice to Management

It would be great to see the company brought back if possible. Senior management built many productive and strategic relationships with industry partners.

2. Disappointed

Former Employee - QC and Safety Manager in Riviera Beach, FL
    Former Employee - QC and Safety Manager in Riviera Beach, FL

I worked at Trainor Glass Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training was available to me. I received a lot of on the job training as well as paid courses to become certified in my field. I was part of a excellent corporate staff whom I worked closely with and supported me as much as they could.

Cons

Know who is in charge at all times and know what is truly going on at every location by issuing quarterly surprise audits. The truth will be available from the employees who respect the job they do and have the passion to do it correctly. Show appreciation and reward those who are truly loyal to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

I was limited in my ability to move forward in my career, or be paid the salary of my predecessor due to the poor accounting and budgeting skills of the upper management in the manufacturing facility I worked at in South Florida. I was severely underpaid, and today suffer from a mental disability for which was acknowledged by the federal government as showing symptoms while I was working there. Today I am on Social Security Disability and in treatment trying to become stabilized, suffering from PTSD. I have traumatic stress in relation to some of my experiences as an employee at the Riviera Beach Plant.

3. Assistant Project Manager

I worked at Trainor Glass Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of educational training in the industry for anyone who is looking to change career

Cons

A training facility can turn out to be your permanent location without notice.

5. Project Manager

Pros

Some good benefits such as fitness consultant and employee appreciation events.

Cons

Moving employees around with little notice, not much respect for personal life.

6. Progressive thinking company in an industry that generally does not think that way

Current Employee - Division Manager in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Division Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Trainor Glass Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great training, new ideas, oppurtunities for advancement

Cons

They are unfortunately out of business

7. Almost good till they went bankrupt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

One of the topic glass glasers in the country 9 divisions located across United States. Worked with a small team, overall a good work environment, strong emphasis on personal accountability, sense of empowerment through work completed. Company had a good reputation, being around since the 1950s.

Cons

Well, on February 21 they laid off all 500+ employees in 9+ divisions. Doesn't look like any of them will be paid for work done after their last paycheck because the company ran out of money. Doesn't look like the company is bouncing back from this one. Update: On top of that, they bounced my last payroll check (half a month's work of work) and owe me for about half a weeks worth of work. I put in a claim with the bankruptcy court, but this is the 1st time I've ever had something like this happen with any employer. I can almost understand if it were to happen with a small “mom and pop" type shop, but not a large scale organization such as this one. After e-mailing the CEO, CFO, head of HR and our division president, I received no apology or explanation for my paycheck bouncing (via mail or otherwise). I see top executives being hired at their competitors presumably for their talent in the industry. Yet myself and hundreds of other employees are essentially left out in the cold by Trainor. No warning that they would be filing for bankruptcy and I was hired along with some other employees after they would have had to start preparing for bankruptcy fillings (less than 2 months). Pretty shady if you ask me.

8. rewarding

Current Employee - Glazier in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Glazier in Richmond, VA

Pros

got learning program,if single get to travel alot . if you like building tuff and hi rise this is the place,if you like danger,this is the place .

Cons

no family time , drive to diferent citys,no time for family always on the go,,

Advice to Management

take care of employee,

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Pros

Trainor is a great glazing company with a very fair pay strructure. Employees are rewarded for performance. Management treats employees with respect.

Cons

The training programs could be a little better. The facilities are overall good., but could be improved. Work hours are good.

Advice to Management

The only advice that one might make to the management is to provide better training to new hires at the company.

10. Seek elsewhere

Former Employee - Glazer in Alsip, IL
    Former Employee - Glazer in Alsip, IL

Pros

Good Pay. The work hours were good, allowing for early morning start and early afternoon ending.

Cons

Small size Poor management. The foreman could have been better. They could have been more helpful in instructing newcomers on the jobsite.

Advice to Management

The initial transition to the company was less than smooth, and corporate headquarters seems unorganized.

11. Poor

Former Employee - Purchasing Specialist
    Former Employee - Purchasing Specialist

Pros

Great co-workers Decent Starting salary Get to work on large projects

Cons

Zero training Management keeps everything a secret

Advice to Management

Train your employees

RSS Feed </> Embed