Trak Companies

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Great Company, Great People

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Trak Companies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to start a career as a Recruiter or Sales Professional. Fun, collaborative, and supportive environment. Great exposure to full-life cycle recruiting. Tons of autonomy even for those fresh out of school.

ConsLimited room for career advancement, salary caps.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop long-term career plans for entry and mid-level staff to retain top talent.

Great and helpful!

Temporary Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Trak Companies part-time for less than a year

ProsVery friendly staff that are helpful if you have any questions or need to talk to them. They are also very flexible with your schedule. Great location in DC and good pay since it's every week. Good way to keep active and they really place you in your areas of interest.

ConsYou had to constantly call and pressure them into finding you opportunities. It's one that you have to watch out for yourself since they have so many people that also want assignments.
Testing on computers does not work well with Macs.

Inappropriate and unprofessional behavior

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I worked at Trak Companies as a contractor for less than a year

ProsAt this point I don't have any yet.

ConsI had a 3 day a week temp assignment where I was underpaid to do menial tasks. I exceeded the expectations of the staff but found a full time position else where. After being considerate enough to give Trak Services a heads up on my future plans, and then a confirmation that I landed my interview, I was scolded for leaving a 3 week assignment a few days early to take the better paying job. It was in very poor taste and very insulting for them to tell me I was off to a bad start with them, when in fact the client had nothing but glowing reviews about me. I had to correct the Trak Services rep, with regards to her unrealistic expectations of me working part time, at a job in which the pay didn't even meet my basic living expenses, instead of taking on a better paying, full time job that actually matched my professional background. It was so inappropriate and rubbed me the wrong way. In the end, she did agree with me that the client was very pleased with me and that it made more sense for me to work at a place that is more suitable for my professional goals, but she rubbed me the wrong way. I would not recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a 3 day a week temp assignment where I was underpaid to do menial tasks. I exceeded the expectations of the staff

No Guarantee of getting a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Trak Companies

ProsMultiple Job Opportunities, Great Communication from Management

ConsIf you don't ace the interview you, you wont get the job.

Low Potential for Assignments

Washington, DC

I have been working at Trak Companies as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSeveral assignments during conference season.
Quick response to application.
Honestly, I can't say anything else that is positive.

ConsStaff who care more about their clients than their candidate employees. It's all about the numbers here. They are focused on getting many candidates to present to their clients. But good luck on finding anything consistent or reliable. Don't waste your time and avoid this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruiters should show care for their candidates and avoid only choosing favorites.

Great Representation

I have been working at Trak Companies as a contractor

ProsMy adviser at Trak always was in contact with me. She always shared that I was at the top of her list for any temp positions that came in.
Great location in downtown DC.

ConsSometimes they have last minute assignments and you receive a call early that morning for an assignment. Most assignments are very short term usually a day, and can extend up to a month assignment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities with different companies! Extend to more than just administrative positions!

Friendly Staff, Helpful and Good Follow-Up

I have been working at Trak Companies part-time for less than a year

ProsAll of the staff at TRAK has been friendly through every step of the temp process and in answering questions I have at any time. They really try to understand what companies to place you at based on your interests.

ConsI don't know. If you have to take the computer test at the office it will hurt your score, but in my experience they told me to do it at home. I've heard that they were not as nice to other applicants, but I've never experienced this.

Ok

McLean, VA

I have been working at Trak Companies

ProsIt is a typical temping agency

Conslow pay
only call for temporary opportunities that don't overlap with what you want to do

Advice to Senior Managementtypical

Worked for Trak Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trak Companies reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Trak Companies employees.