TransCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

James O'Connor

A turn around assignment

President & Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at TransCare full-time for more than a year

ProsAn excellent challenge to save the company from bankruptcy

ConsLack of funds for necessary investments

People great but management is horrible

Dispatcher/EMT (Former Employee)
New Castle, DE

I worked at TransCare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople were great. Pay was fair but not that great.

ConsWhere do i begin......i did several jobs within this company, so i know a good deal of information that people don't know. The management doesn't care about anything but money in their own pockets. People that don't know how to do their job and have been talked to about it, get raises instead of being fired. God forbid you get hurt, you get fired 6-8 months later. They run really old trucks that don't get enough attention from the mechanics because there are only two mechanics for 3 locations in one division. Some drivers don't care and damage the trucks. They automatically hold over the crews for 2 hours, 1 minute before their shifts end without any notice. The crews are to be notified at least 30-45 mins before hand so they can let people know. I have never worked for a job that treats the equipment and crews so horrible in my life. They don't let you know when you are let go or when your insurance is canceled. I am soooo happy to be out of this company. The way it looks, it looks like the company won't be around much longer. Everyone quits because they can't stand the BS within the division.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the crews and trucks better. Reevaluate your dispatch office too. You have people in there that don't know what they are doing!!!! They don't time things correctly and then the crews get yelled at!!! Also, look at your HR department as well. You need to get them back on the ball about sending information to employees!

best place to work

EMT B (Former Employee)
Mount Vernon, NY

I worked at TransCare full-time for less than a year

Prosgreat pay, better than most EMT jobs, awesome overtime

Consconfusing orientation, not so many open socially open

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay!

Company that is going broke

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at TransCare full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat managers and drivers that really care

ConsOld vehicles company can not afford to keep up

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much they can do!

Never a model of consistency

Paoli, PA

I have been working at TransCare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStrong ties to healthcare systems, competitive pay, room for growth

ConsReactive management instead of proactive, pennies pinch in all the wrong places for all the wrong reasons, communication breakdowns.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the monolithic management style, learn to trust and empower your employees (they have their boots on the ground, not you), the people who answer the phones (the first contacts with clients) should have a better knowledge of medicine and the locations of where facilities are located.

quite the experiance

I have been working at TransCare

Prossome of the people I work with

Consthe billing system is very unorganized

Advice to Senior Managementdo not dimiss the opinions of the people who work for you

Provides great opportunities for advancement if you have zero experience

I have been working at TransCare

ProsCareer ladder from transport to 9-1-1 for those without experience
Great co-workers
Honest supervisors

ConsEven though you are eligible for 9-1-1 after 6 months, it often takes a year to a year and a half to actually get there. Other EMT classmates of mine were hired directly to 9-1-1 after working for another company after just one year
Absent upper management
Extremely old fleet of vehicles, most 10 years or older

Not a Very Fun or Exciting place

EMT B (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at TransCare part-time for more than 3 years

ProsA paycheck with potential benefits and helping people in need are the only good things about the job.

ConsNo pay raise, no night differential, old and out dated equipment.

Do Not Work Here!

EMT B (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at TransCare full-time for less than a year

ProsPay checks are weekly and stable.

ConsWhere to start. The management at the Pittsburgh Station does not care for its employees. Any advice that you give them or complaints that you make fall on deaf ears. Employees here are over worked. When I was hired I was told that I could be held over two hours over my shift if the company needed it, but they made it sound like that did not happen all to often. This is not the case. Since I have started here I have been held over almost everyday at least one hours, usually around two hours and even up to three or four hours! The dispatchers do not inform you that you will be held over, they just keep on working you. It is impossible to make plans after work because you have no idea when you will actually get off. While you are supposed to be on a set schedule, your schedule can be adjusted if they need you to come in earlier. The equipment they provide you with is in horrendous condition. The trucks constantly break down because they are run into the ground so much. You will not be getting any breaks or time for lunch unless there is a lull in the work load, which there usually is not. Generally you are just performing trip after trip after trip. Management feels its necessary to write people up for every little thing they can think of. For example, if you forget to sign out or even if their machine is not working and it does not log you signing out, managements first instinct is to blame the employee and write them up. You will be lied to if you work for this company, you will be overworked, and you will be uncared for. Do not get me started on the benefits they provide, if you can even call them that. You will have to pay most of it out of your own pocket and their insurance is picky on what it will even cover. On top of that the rates you are charged out of your paycheck are just outrageous considering how much you get paid. The pay checks might be weekly and on time, but you are better off trying to find employment else where. I certainly will not be remaining there much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to, respecting and working with your employees

Good People, Bad Management & Business Plan

EMT B (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TransCare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood People, pay is ok

ConsBad Management & Business Model, not a living wage and very little benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay more attention to the day to day activities of the organization. With respect to the Philadelphia operation, it is cold and hot and feels like working out of a medieval dungeon. The apparatus routinely do not receive the attention needed and employees are seen as disposable.

Worked for TransCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransCare CEO James O'Connor. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by TransCare employees.