TransCare

James O'Connor

Great place to work

Emt B (Current Employee) Paoli, PA

ProsDecent pay for an EMT. 3 12 hour shifts a week. Over time is easy to get

ConsYou cant take off if you need to, unless you've earned the time, but they are good about helpling you try to find someone to switch with,

Frustrating

PreBiller (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsHas parking area for Employees
    Allows transfer to other locations in the USA

ConsFavoritism mixed with Lack of Professionalism. Management eager to hassle a Productive worker by believing the false comments/accusations from Procrastinating Coworkers.
    No company assisted health benefits until completing 3+ years of employment.
    Overall easy, self-explanatory workloads but one has to deal with semi hostile, gossiping coworkers & inappropriate comments/conversations of the direct Supervisor.

It's a okay transporting/emergency company.

ProsI like the hours and how they set up your schedule.

ConsIf you don't have too much experience they can pay poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a little.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

People great but management is horrible

Dispatcher/EMT (Former Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsPeople were great. Pay was fair but not that great.

ConsWhere do i begin......i did several jobs within this company, so i know a good deal of information that people don't know. The management doesn't care about anything but money in their own pockets. People that don't know how to do their job and have been talked to about it, get raises instead of being fired. God forbid you get hurt, you get fired 6-8 months later. They run really old trucks that don't get enough attention from the mechanics because there are only two mechanics for 3 locations in one division. Some drivers don't care and damage the trucks. They automatically hold over the crews for 2 hours, 1 minute before their shifts end without any notice. The crews are to be notified at least 30-45 mins before hand so they can let people know. I have never worked for a job that treats the equipment and crews so horrible in my life. They don't let you know when you are let go or when your insurance is canceled. I am soooo happy to be out of this company. The way it looks, it looks like the company won't be around much longer. Everyone quits because they can't stand the BS within the division.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the crews and trucks better. Reevaluate your dispatch office too. You have people in there that don't know what they are doing!!!! They don't time things correctly and then the crews get yelled at!!! Also, look at your HR department as well. You need to get them back on the ball about sending information to employees!

A turn around assignment

President & Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsAn excellent challenge to save the company from bankruptcy

ConsLack of funds for necessary investments

best place to work

Emt B (Former Employee) Mount Vernon, NY

Prosgreat pay, better than most EMT jobs, awesome overtime

Consconfusing orientation, not so many open socially open

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay!

Company that is going broke

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsGreat managers and drivers that really care

ConsOld vehicles company can not afford to keep up

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much they can do!

Never a model of consistency

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Paoli, PA

ProsStrong ties to healthcare systems, competitive pay, room for growth

ConsReactive management instead of proactive, pennies pinch in all the wrong places for all the wrong reasons, communication breakdowns.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the monolithic management style, learn to trust and empower your employees (they have their boots on the ground, not you), the people who answer the phones (the first contacts with clients) should have a better knowledge of medicine and the locations of where facilities are located.

quite the experiance

Prossome of the people I work with

Consthe billing system is very unorganized

Advice to Senior Managementdo not dimiss the opinions of the people who work for you

Provides great opportunities for advancement if you have zero experience

ProsCareer ladder from transport to 9-1-1 for those without experience
    Great co-workers
    Honest supervisors

ConsEven though you are eligible for 9-1-1 after 6 months, it often takes a year to a year and a half to actually get there. Other EMT classmates of mine were hired directly to 9-1-1 after working for another company after just one year
    Absent upper management
    Extremely old fleet of vehicles, most 10 years or older

Worked for TransCare? Contribute to the Community!