TransCore

Be The First To
Add Photos

TransCore President, Commercial Technology John M. Worthington

John M. Worthington

A good company to work for.

ProsA lot to learn while working.

ConsLess professionalism in selected locations.
    Pays less compared to work load and other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove processes and procedures

Overall learning experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsEmployees were easy to work with and are will to assist when needed.

ConsManagement had attitude and was so fast to yell at you when you ask a question or if a customer asked to speak with them. They had no patience at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining your managers they need to be more of a people person instead of a do nothing type of person. Who rather sit around and complain and talk about every customer.

Working at TransCore was very interesting.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people were very easy to work with. I found that being a supervisor was easier than I first considered and managing a staff of 10+ proved to be very satisfying.

ConsWorking with some of the Clients can be tough. Also, the computer equipment should be upgraded. Most of all, the hourly wage should be a lot higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into your support staff and stop being cheap! Seek to promote from within.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible!

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPay was ok as it was via an agency. one hour lunch.

ConsExtremely dis-organized. Management do not know what they are doing and the employees get fired for it. High turn over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to do a re-shuffle or get rid of some managers as they are bad for these government contracts. It slows down productivity if workers are not trained properly. when workers are trained properly, then they can be productive and feel more confident.

Company Part of Publicly Traded Conglomerate Providing Professional Services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFirm is involved in state of the art projects

ConsParent company has unrealistic expectations on profits for firm providing professional services primarily to governmental clients

Exciting, always challenging, never boring work with a supportive Executive Team and coworkers.

Engineering Director (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to do your job, make your own decisions. Work when you have to work, take time off when you need it, you decide. You get as much responsibility as you want and you can handle. If you are a high performer, the rewards will be there for you. This is a fairly flat organization giving middle managers/project managers direct accessibility to the top decision makers.

ConsIf you have a position of responsibility, your job never ends. If you like to work, this is great, if you want 8 to 5, forget about it. Lots of travel sometimes for extended periods.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings have changed since I first started working there. The atmosphere has begun to be more formal and regimented with less control given to middle managers. Also, there is more management. Reverse this trend, it takes away the things that made TransCore unique.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsLocation near the freeway; some good co-workers; work 40 hours per week, so you can leave your work, at the office.

Conslittle opportunity for advancement unless you're favored

Adequate occupation, Not career worthy.

Traffic Manager/Operator (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat devoted workers
    Substantial hours
    Opportunities to obtain or enhance certain skills

ConsNo opportunities for career advancement
    Lack of organization
    Lack of leadership
    Management contradicts itself constantly
    "Walking on eggshells" atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization is pivotal in the success of every corporation, whether great or small!

Senior Field Technician

Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsFreedom and flexibility to perform duties. Often able to make your own schedule as long as your work is completed.

ConsCorporate ownership demands that more work is done with less people. Benefits have declined in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentive programs with measurable results would allow employees to feel like they can make a difference by working smart and be rewarded for their effort.

Shortsighted leadership and

ProsInteresting industry, clients and customers

ConsFocus on "shrinking their way to success" via expense reduction vs creative means to grow business opportunities

Worked for TransCore? Contribute to the Community!