TransCore Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Tracy Marks

Pros
  • The people were very easy to work with (in 3 reviews)

• Smart people, good pay, laid back, ability to learn from good engineers, great labs/facilitie (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Outside hires seem to be favored over internal candidates (in 2 reviews)

• Less professionalism in selected locations (in 2 reviews)

1. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at TransCore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about their employees with consistent company parties, gatherings, and meetings to check their employees happiness. The company is very flexible for personal time off and academics is highly encouraged. The company gives you what you need to grow yourself.

Cons

There isn't much of a guideline to follow to become better. Most employees that leave often seek a better, competitive and accelerated rate of growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to help employees with a caring nature.

2. ITS Technician

Current Employee - ITS Technician in North Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - ITS Technician in North Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TransCore full-time

Pros

Since I have been with Transcore I learned many things from Construction including underground work, Pulling Power cables and Fiber Optic cables. My most improvement while working at Transcore would be Networking. We do lots of network troubleshooting including using wireshark to capture data.

Cons

In construction business, When a project that we are working on comes to the end we have to wait for the next project. It could take up to six months to a year without income.

Advice to Management

Keep good tools. Good tools to me would be when I need it, It is there for me to use...

3. First Job

I worked at TransCore

Pros

Flexible to my work/home life

Cons

Tollway Outsourcer which meant they robbed people.

5. Great people to work with

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Gig Harbor, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at TransCore full-time

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling, no one hovering over your back and ok benefits

Cons

No discount for GoodtoGo pass. No much happens here and 24hr network makes changes to the system slow.

Don't expect to get a raise and if they promise you one don't expect to get what you were promised

I have been working at TransCore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable work, little fear of layoff's Lots of smart people You can learn a lot if you want to and you make people teach you Safety is carefully monitored for employee protection Benefits are decent

Cons

Management never delivers on promises Don't plan on ever getting a worthwhile raise Advancement for most is non-existent They don't value their employees Executive management is worse than local management Difficult to get other people to share knowledge Most managers lie, cheat, and whatever their way to the top There are vendettas against certain staff until they quit or do something bad enough to get fired Management will set you up to fail Management will give bad advice and end you chance for advancement Staff below most senior managers and executives are severely underpaid

Advice to Management

Put some value in your employees and pay them what their worth.

Unethical upper management. Unhappy employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at TransCore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the employees doing entry level jobs are great to work with. They act as a team and quickly become friends.

Cons

You're expected to just accept what your told and not to question anything. You're told the opposite but be prepared for the backlash if you do. Upper management is very cliquey and will quickly shut you out if you voice concerns about any one of them. Issues that should be confidential are gossiped about between them. They will cover tracks for one another, as well. Benefits are mediocre at best. Vacation time and paid days off are meager. There is no flexibility in scheduling. There is very little opportunity for advancement unless someone leaves the company. There is a high turnover for entry level positions because of dissatisfaction and interviewers not being entirely honest about advancement opportunities.

Hell on earth

I worked at TransCore (More than a year)

Pros

Um..I got paid every week. That's about the only pro being there.

Cons

The people. The menial work. The people. Watching the loudmouths and suck ups do whatever they want and never be disciplined but the people who actually do their work are scrutinized at every turn. The people.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a complete overhaul of this place. Starting from the top on down. Get rid of everyone and start over from scratch. That place is a joke.

9. It has been very rewarding working in a company with so many employees that take pride in doing an excellent job.

I have been working at TransCore (More than 8 years)

Pros

It has great benefits and they recognize when somebody gives the extra mile.

Cons

We aim for excellence in our products and service, so it is expected to meet expectations.

10. Has Not Been a Good Place for a Few Years Now

I worked at TransCore full-time

Pros

Many great employees and relationships built--good group of people to work with Benefits PTO

Cons

Poor salaries, have deteriorated over the years Still operating as a Good "ole" Boy's Club Ethic issues not being handled appropriately--just a front to make it look good Executive Leadership--apparently it's just all about the money, not the people Very condescending executive leadership, inaccurate information provided to direct reports Parent Company (Roper Industries) Managers not being held accountable Employees actually performing the work are not valued New management now allowing people to be hired after failing drug screens Eliminated open door policy Not interested in what employees have to say

Advice to Management

Provide fair, competitive salaries for all staff, not just those in the "Club" Provide more career growth opportunities to minorities and women, more of both in management roles Do what is right, be ethical in your dealings Change your leadership / executive team to understand your employees ARE your company, and represent your company name

11. A company where intelligence is rarely rewarded.

I have been working at TransCore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My day to day I am independent and rarely see or hear from management. It is nice that I am trusted and not micro managed.

Cons

Upper management to far removed from day to day business and operations. Contractual positions mean low/no spending for any reason, to avoid going over budget. Having to do more, with less.

Advice to Management

Maybe take some of the feedback that comes your way and actually implement some changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed