TransFirst

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Shlonsky

The pay is not good.

ProsGood work environment, friendly people, learned a lot.

ConsPay is low and they don't give good raises at review time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better...high turn over.

IT is bad.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGreat colleagues, we are collectively fed up with the direction of IT, so camaraderie is prevalent. You can step up and make a mark for yourself rather easily. There isn't much competition for those who are technically proficient.

ConsCronyism up high, enterprise level business at a medium business level infrastructure, budget is constantly frozen, owned by a private firm who is looking to sell, not improve. Salaries are slightly below average. Raises are rarely 3% or more. Bonuses are always well under your target. Initiatives seemingly change weekly. Lying to executives and business stakeholders is encouraged by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust those who are constantly in the trenches, they know what it takes to fix IT. Trusting those who play games on the sidelines is not the way, and it is glaringly obvious that you are playing favorites. Most of your true performers/difference makers are all looking to bail.

Short Experience, job elimination

ProsNone as of right now.

ConsWork Life balance wasn't always a company priority. Training was slow and lacked any documentation. Manager worked remotely and had many other projects and priorities rather than training, or follow up.
    Company closed the Overland Park office and eliminated many positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, Great Industry, Great Company

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsWork/Life balance, Inspirational Staff, Great Culture, Definitely a solid industry to get into (Payment processing is a growing industry, and one that is as close to "recession-proof" as it goes). Great comp structure for sales (low base, but GREAT commission potential). Great training program for sales, with dedicated sales trainers (mostly working on the floor with current employees).

ConsHigh expectations - goals are set, and tools/resources are provided to help you accomplish these goals, but the expectations are clear and high. It's a sales floor... some people are built for sales, and some are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!! Remember to support the folks that support you.

Excellent Company and Benefits! - You create your success!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsThe sales office is a very supportive environment. Experienced reps are willing to help and share their experience. Positive attitude is a must & the energy is positive! The industry is a challenge to learn. The managers and trainers are very knowledgeable and want to genuinely help you succeed. Outstanding on-going training available. Flex-time and benefits are a real plus!

ConsLong hours to keep up. Very high expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication open for honest feedback. Attending the recent annual meeting made me even more proud to work for TransFirst.

TransWorst

Vice President Sales (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBright, talented development and technical teams and resources

ConsIt's run like a puppy mill. Extremely unprofessional, disorganized and lacking relevant, concise business practices. Each department is run likes it's own company, down to their own P&L. What does this mean? In order to sell solutions, you resources and support from every department, and the cost of delivering those services is arbitrarily increased due to each division trying to reach operating capital objectives. Senior management on the sales side is a complete joke, and I mean that in the best possible way. This is what happens when you are owned by a PE firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO needed immediately.

Ops Specialist

Ops Specialist (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsNice company to work for! The pay is good and so is the benefits. Friendly environment and have multiple opportunities to grow and advance.

ConsSome of the calls especially during statement week at times can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers and supervisors give you all the training, knowledge, resources and opportunities needed to make you successful. I would say to keep up on all the great work!

The happiest I have ever been at a job where I did not make the $ I desire

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Cypress, CA

ProsFlexibility, positivity, team building, promotes within

ConsInherent sales pressure, stagnant market

Advice to Senior ManagementFlexibility + Incentives = Productivity (Keep it going!)

Great Company to work with

Bilingual Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Louisville, CO

ProsGave the opportunity to share my ideas and grow within the company

ConsI have no downsides about this company

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

a good start to your sales career

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Commerce City, CO

Proswork life balance, commissions plus base is always a plus. also, you can work remotely if you'd like.

Conspoor management. the leads suck. I hope you have thick skin because you are gonna get told no or get hung up on 80% of the time.

Advice to Senior Managementtake better care of lower employees

Worked for TransFirst? Contribute to the Community!