TransGroup Worldwide Logistics

1 Rating

International Side (Transfair)

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at TransGroup Worldwide Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Co-workers (see 'advice to management below)
    - Compensation (generous raises if you are growing with the company and interested in being an asset to them and eager to learn)
    - Office culture (at least in the international side, the domestic side seemed a little disgruntled but it may have just been the stress?)
    - Opportunities to grow (if you show you are reliable and eager to learn the doors are pretty wide open)
    - The owner of the international side of the company has high expectations but gives you the tools and information you need to achieve those results.

Cons

- A few key departments (accounting/domestic) have some downer attitudes (I wasn't in that department so it wasn't a huge issue). (the only reason I put culture & values at 4/5 stars)
    - It looks like, as you get higher up, its a pretty demanding job (company phone, weekend/after hours emails, etc.) but that is pretty standard in the logistics field. (only reason I put work/life balance at a 4/5 stars)

At least as of 2012/2013 (just in case management has changed) International owner (Mr. Vernoy), Executive Director of Ops, Manager Corporate Operations, General Manager Regulatory Affairs, Risk Management Administrator and National Ocean Freight Manager were all top notch people to work with and I would gladly work for them again.

Management by Intimidation no longer works

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at TransGroup Worldwide Logistics full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. I will miss them when I get another job.

Cons

The managers in my department like some people but if they don't like you you're in trouble, no matter what. The department is very political and sometimes I feel that I can't do anything right. Too many innocent & hard working people are brought down in public. A really nice, good trainee was just let go and we can't figure out why except the leader didn't like her. It's just not fair. They hire old gals who are too afraid to speak up because it's so hard to find another job.

Mgr needs to be more responsible & stop relying on her buddies for the truth

Transgroup

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TransGroup Worldwide Logistics

Pros

midsize company, privately owned, good IT integration

Cons

operates like a franchise, questionable skill set in international operations, CEO squeezes last penny out of the stations, poor compensation, no training opportunities

start paying people what they are worth