TransMontaigne Reviews

Charles L. Dunlap

1. Terminal Operator

Current Employee - Terminal Operator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Terminal Operator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at TransMontaigne (Less than a year)

Pros

Great set of people to work with. Many years of combined experience.

Cons

Pay is on the Low end for a Terminal Operator.

Advice to Management

Higher wages for employees

2. No Happy Campers

Pros

Proximity to downtown and view of city from 32nd floor

Cons

Senior management shows bias, discriminates and no people skills.

Advice to Management

Too late cause the damage is done.

3. Employee

Former Employee - Former Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, office in nice and you get free sodas.

Cons

Management, new company NGL is terrible. NGL is changing the benefit plan and it's wasn't going in the right direction.

5. Don't do it!

Current Employee - Servent in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Servent in Denver, CO

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very good. Paid bus pass or covered parking.

Cons

Upper management, their belief is "it's good to be the king". It may get worse with the NGL management but not sure.

Advice to Management

Don't take advantage of staff.

6. Oh My!

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyable and open work environment, training (formal and informal), co-workers and management. I see the reviews and wonder if the employees listed here work for the same company! No job is peaches and cream however this one is close. I have enjoyed an excellent work environment and while the work can be daunting at times I know I have someone I can rely on for assistance.

Cons

Challenges include inter-company communication or lack thereof. I've noticed that a number of employees and/or departments have the CYA mentality which may be indicative of what others speak but if one takes care of their responsibilities and communication discrepancies and issues...not sure of the problem

Advice to Management

Cultivate the culture present at the Atlanta office. Pay can be improved but pay increases for the sake of increases are not smart business moves. Pay for training, create a management training program for those employees that desire it and existing managers. Choose future managers from that team and watch the improvements in the company.

7. Good but only in a few departments

Current Employee - Accounting in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Accounting in Denver, CO

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intellectual coworkers. Open environment so you can see out the windows. Flex schedule in terms of what time you come in to work. There can be the opportunity to grow rapidly. Conversations are enjoyable.

Cons

The company is very department specific on if you will enjoy your time at TransMontaigne. There are departments that have very knowledgeable employees and others where it is lacking. There are some departments with micro managers and others without. Raises have been below par. The company is currently for sale making the need for many temps and back filling of positions.

Advice to Management

Let employees know more about the business so you can gain insight from their input.

8. Happy we are still here.

Pros

You get to work on the 32nd floor. Views are great. Good people. Happy times. Starbucks coffee.

Cons

The parent company is selling TransMontaigne leaving many anxious about the future. Attrition rate is picking up replacements are temps.

Advice to Management

Start a pizza day once a month.

9. Heading the right direction

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Good casual attitude of people that will help each other get things done. The company has really made a lot of positive changes over the last several years. Promotes from inside.

Cons

Pay is not very good compaired to the industry. Management at the higher level dont show much care for the work force. They talk safety and do ok, but could do better.

Advice to Management

Improve the pay scale.

Working here to learn the job and get the experience, then will go to competitor and do less work and get paid more

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free work uniform and coffee/ knowing that no matter where we go after this, that it will be much better

Cons

No training program, No reason to be loyal to company, raises are seniority based not work based, so just show up get your hours and leave mentality throughout the workplace, management even tells us were overworked, underpaid, and that the Denver office doesn't care about us at all

Advice to Management

Before the stockholders find out that this company has no idea what they are doing, and the amount of money that is being wasted, set a plan in motion to train employees, evaluated each job and location and pay accordingly

11. High Turnover, Low Employee Morale, NO Leadership, NO raises/Salary Reductions.

I have been working at TransMontaigne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The free coffee and soda and learning How NOT to run a company.

Cons

Poor engagement, NO training, Sink or Swim mentality, about 2 employees quit every month from the corporate office and most of those remaining continue to look for new employment opportunities. Performance is NOT tied to pay. Opportunities to advance, well if people continue to quit you can move around, but you will not get a increase in salary. A few key personnel remain and are too stuck to move on, they admit the faults of the company but do nothing to change it, they are over worked and under appreciated.

Advice to Management

To the managers on the 31st Floor of the Corporate Office - get off your asses and run a company.

RSS Feed </> Embed