TransPerfect

TransPerfect Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

TransPerfect Co-CEO Elizabeth Elting

Elizabeth Elting

Pros:
  • "The atmosphere is fast paced and demanding but I have never learned so much so fast"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great people to work with, each employee had something to contribute"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "No emphasis on a healthy work-life balance; just live for and die for the Client"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Long hours can make a healthy work/life balance difficult, especially out of New York"
    in 35 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

intern

I have been working at TransPerfect as an intern

Prosnice coworkers and flexible schedule

Consvery slow pace, and not promissing

Business Development Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TransPerfect part-time for less than a year

ProsCo-workers are very friendly
Great work environment
Good experience with prospecting, customer service, and sales

ConsYou don't really receive any recognition from working hard
They don't really you an opportunity to grow within the company
Poor training

Advice to Senior ManagementI would appreciate and recognize all my employees for working hard, specifically the ones who actually pursue on growing within the company.

The most horrible three years of my life.

Director of IT (Former Employee)

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots to do. If you want to bury yourself with work and don't care about anything else in the world, this is the perfect place for you.

ConsToo much work. Departments are under-manpowered therefore everyone has to pick up load. Senior management doesn't provide clear guidance on what they want (other than money). Terrible work-life balance. You are expected to work 24x7 and can expect a call at any time, even at 3 AM since it is a global company. Zero IT training. Zero growth opportunities. Junior members are not trained and not promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with your team. Provide compatible benefits in accordance with the market standard.

Build Skills and learn how a large organization runs

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than a year

ProsExposure to high level clients, good use of CRM, E-learning training, understand how a large company makes money and keeps a sustainable book of business running.

ConsHigh stress environment, long hours, letter stuffing. Essentially, they will hire and train you on a fixed salary until they feel as though you can handle yourself. Sometimes that salary is difficult to make ends work in the cities the offices are located. It is an effective way to weed out those without the necessary ambition to make it in the competitive world of LSPs, but without a properly balanced work/life balance, you can burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward entry level talent with financial incentive early.

Good experience for a post-college grad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TransPerfect

ProsMy group was a lot of fun -- and we ended up pretty close. Part of that came from how hard we worked (which was too hard).

During my time there, I learned a lot -- which I've been able to take with me. I made some good connections, and though I feel I could have stuck with it, I decided to take the leap to law school.

ConsThe company has a number of silos -- I felt like there were a ton of people there I only knew by face.

I was scared going into this internship because of the reviews...

Production Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at TransPerfect as an intern for less than a year

ProsI came into this internship afraid because of all the negative reviews but this was a great internship where I learned ALOT. All the managers from the different departments were very invested in this internship program and they constantly acknowledged how the previous culture wasn't great and how they are working to improve it. Overall, I met great people and gained plenty of transferable skills.

ConsAt times you have to stay late, which stinks, but it's not so bad because you stay late with friends. As a intern though you get paid by the hour, so staying later isn't that bad. $$$

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation was the reason I didn't choose to come back but I would definitely work there if it was higher.

Very optimistic about my future at TransPerfect

Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at TransPerfect full-time for more than a year

Pros-The company has a simple formula for success in sales, and it seems all those who stick to it, do very well.
-Management is very accessible and supportive of their people taking ownership in their employees careers. Management won't ask you to do anything they have not done themselves.
-The opportunity I have been given in the 2 years at TransPerfect outweighs my previous two employers combined. They have sent me to industry trade shows in Chicago, Palm Desert California, San Antonio, and Denver. I have been to internal company conferences in New Orleans, DC, and soon to be Austin, TX. They have let me travel to Europe and Canada for client presentations. I was even allowed to accompany our CEO to a C-Level networking event.
-If you have a good idea to improve processes, you are encouraged to suggest it and even run with implementing your idea.
-You will be working for a company with the best portfolio of solutions in the industry so you should win the majority of your sales deals
-Ability to move up quickly.
-No ceiling on compensation

ConsManaging email is challenging at times

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your people, and invest in cutting-edge technologies

Always something different and exciting happened at each event.

Events Coordinator (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people to work with, each employee had something to contribute.

ConsSporadic events that were all different.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work!

Hard work, but you own your own success

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than a year

ProsYou have great colleagues; the office is in a prime location in SF.

I left for the opportunity to join a startup, but otherwise, it was the first job I've had that I was excited to come in every day to work at. I felt like I had to work hard, like I was pushed to be better, but that I got credit for the successes that came from my work. There was maybe a month or 2 in the beginning where I wasn't sure how things would turn out.

But then it began to pay off.

ConsYou definitely need to work hard to keep up with the people around you. Some people around me had no sense of work/life balance, but I felt like I was able to maintain mine and still succeed.

Hilarious how fake the positive reviews are: this place is awful!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at TransPerfect full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get a lot of responsibility, if you like getting loads of work without any clear direction and then being yelled at for mistakes, this is the place for you , you are owning it. congratulations and welcome to the world of mind games at TransPerfect

ConsEverything about this place is awful. Senior management does not value a single person. There are some in middle management that try to make some changes, but all that effort is shut down by senior managers. Those in power are a rat pack with no clear experience in accomplishing what they ask their people to do

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people, acknowledge your current model is broken, this is not high school, instead of asking people to write fake reviews just change the environment,

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransPerfect reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TransPerfect CEO Elizabeth Elting. All 231 reviews posted anonymously by TransPerfect employees.