TransUnion Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
232 reviews filtered by
3.3
Jim Peck

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance with the ability to work off-site as needed (in 19 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home twice a week depending on your department (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance exists, but is not the strongest the Chicago area (in 8 reviews)

• Processes - The amount of red-tape and lack of practical training on how to navigate the "system" is awe-inspiring (in 9 reviews)

1. This is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure of working for.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TransUnion believes in their employees and strives to ensure a work/life balance, while working towards promoting internally vs. externally.

Cons

There's a lot of great work to be done. Staffing appropriately for the workload could be improved.

2. learned essential analyst skills during my first year

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great environment, fast on-boarding process

Cons

I entered during a time when there was a lot of attrition

Advice to Management

Try and meet with new employees that are in your department

3. Great experience to work at a company with such diverse background

I have been working at TransUnion

Pros

Promote innovation and allow you to share new ideas

Cons

Takes times to understand the company culture

Really great place to work and getting better!

Current Employee - Major Account Executive
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is great, ability to work off site.
    Coworkers are friendly and work as a team in my experience.
    Solid benefits and time off.
    Really bright team in executive management, Thought leaders bringing about tangible improvement.

Cons

Some outdated processes/operational redundancy.
    Communication and documentation of S.O.P's could be better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, there is a very positive buzz amongst the other employees that I talk to!

6. Great place to work!

I have been working at TransUnion

Pros

TransUnion is a wonderful place to work. They really care about their people, strive to always be better and have a relaxed working environment you typically don't find in this 'type' of business.

Cons

I think this company is only getting better, each and every day.

7. Innovative global firm, highly talented team, collaborative environment

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

We are growing and with that comes a new level of excitement about our new products, ongoing commitment to customers, and focus on our associates. Change is sponsored by the business, and supported through training. Internal processes are being reviewed and/or reshaped to best meet employee/ customer needs. Strong leaders, extraordinarily bright co-workers, and an environment that encourages you drive your own success and that of the company.

Cons

Be prepared to work to meet corporate objectives while processes are simultaneously being enhanced. If you thrive in a fast-paced, and innovative workplace, if you want to grow and stretch your own capabilities, if you want to be a part of an company that "lives" collaboration, apply here and join the team!

Advice to Management

Be cognizant of competing timelines/ priorities.
    Advocate ongoing coaching at every level of the organization - it engages employees (from the most senior pots to the most junior post) and drives business results.

8. Senior Manager

I have been working at TransUnion

Pros

Organization is investing in the business and looking to the future.

Cons

No HSA for health benefits

I love my job!

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a member for the HR team, I truly enjoy what I do and the organization I work for. The work is hard, but very rewarding. I am always given praise for what I do. The work-life balance is fantastic! I work out at our gym during my lunch break! My managers care about my career and care about how I progress.

Cons

My only Con is that the location is a little bit further away from my last position. And that's not TransUnion's fault! My commute can be a little tough sometimes, but my team is so flexible that this isn't even an issue!

Changing for the better!

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With new leadership, there is a culture shift happening to becoming a more global, collaborative company. With that come growing pains with a lot of changes happening at the same time, but for the most part employees are excited as investments are being made in themselves and technology. Relaxed work environment, renovating corporate headquarters, new café in the building, great gym facilities.

Cons

Lacking a bonus structure for the majority of employees. While there are great overall benefits, there is no maternity/paternity leave. There is still an “old school” mentality and are outdated approval processes in place which can be road blocks to completing tasks.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the workforce and keep employees aware of the great things happening within the company.

Great company to work for with plenty of growth potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

The best part about working at TransUnion is the culture. The majority of people are very friendly and helpful. When I first started working here I was amazed that the atmosphere was so positive and people weren't complaining all the time. Of course people have stressful days, but overall I feel that most people really enjoy what they do here. Most teams are pretty laid back with flexible starting times and casual Fridays. There also seems to be a lot of upward growth, depending on your department, you could be moved up pretty quickly. The work-life balance is also ahead of the curve. You get 19 PTO days, but if you are sick or have something come up, you can just work from home. This is not just for senior managers, making you feel like you are really valued. You also get one VTO day a year where you can volunteer somewhere for the day. The corporate Chicago office is also going through a renovation and the space looks very nice. It has a gym, game room, and reasonably priced cafe with free Intelligentsia coffee. One last thing to note is they have different activities you can get involved in. There is a public speaking group, a young professionals group, and an events committee that plans activities throughout the year.

Cons

The company is going through some changes with a fairly new CEO, so some might see that as a deterrent, but so far he has really helped TransUnion become modernized. One con about working for a large company like this is that there are lots of procedures and protocols, so you have to go through a ton of channels to get some things done or approved. Also, because of the amount of data housed, there are a lot of IT security restrictions which can be cumbersome and sometimes you can’t even get into your email because the network is so slow.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and help the culture of TransUnion stay appealing to new and existing employees. Make sure the policies and procedures make sense so that people can work efficiently and don't have to jump through unnecessary hoops.