TransUnion Reviews

229 reviews filtered by

A lot of great things are happening at Transunion Healthcare

Current Employee - Development in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at TransUnion

Pros

The Austin division of Transunion Healthcare is a great place to work at. There is a mix of old timers and new blood. Together, you get to develop solutions to old and new problems. The technology stack is .Net and SQL, but the problems you get to solve and the projects you get to work on are interesting and cutting-edge. There is a lot more flexibility than what I had heard of. Very collaborative work environment, lots of growth. Good benefits too.

Cons

Not a great place for people who don't enjoy attention to detail, and don't have a natural inclination to work with lots and lots of data. I don't see anyone wearing shorts to work even in summer. Glad to see jeans all the time though. :)

Be mindful and don't take a step in the wrong direction. We have a good going right now.

Intern Review

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly

I worked at TransUnion (less than a year)

Pros

good pay
    good location
    lots of free food

Cons

often dull
    you work with mostly older people

recruit younger people

Better than average culture in a growing, innovative organization

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is fantastic! I went from a company where the expectation was a minimum of 50 hours a week to a company that values the life I have outside of work. I come to work most days excited about what is happening and the impact I can make. Transunion is investing in technologies and people that make this a very exciting time to be a part of this organization. Additionally, the benefits package is wonderful, I appreciate the $0.00 deductible and the low out of pocket costs for myself and my family.

Cons

Some of the processes/policies are a bit outdated, it can take some work to get things done if you are new and don't know the proper person to reach out to. Additionally, as a global organization, there are locations that simply don't have the technical infrastructure necessary to be efficient, and that can be a bit frustrating at times.

Keep investing in your people, keep sharing news that keeps us excited about growth and changes.

5. Innovative global firm, highly talented team, collaborative environment

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

We are growing and with that comes a new level of excitement about our new products, ongoing commitment to customers, and focus on our associates. Change is sponsored by the business, and supported through training. Internal processes are being reviewed and/or reshaped to best meet employee/ customer needs. Strong leaders, extraordinarily bright co-workers, and an environment that encourages you drive your own success and that of the company.

Cons

Be prepared to work to meet corporate objectives while processes are simultaneously being enhanced. If you thrive in a fast-paced, and innovative workplace, if you want to grow and stretch your own capabilities, if you want to be a part of an company that "lives" collaboration, apply here and join the team!

Be cognizant of competing timelines/ priorities.
    Advocate ongoing coaching at every level of the organization - it engages employees (from the most senior pots to the most junior post) and drives business results.

6. A lot of creativity and innovation

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Transunion for almost 4 years and in the last year I have seen a lot of positive changes, one of which is our remodeling of the corporate office to make it more conducive to collaboration. We have experienced a lot of growth and are exploring a lot of new ideas and practices. We are investing in our employees by offering them many opportunities to grow and develop their skills. A great time to be a TransUnion associate!

Cons

No workplace is perfect and in our current period of change we have been challenged to keep the "boat afloat" by completing day to day tasks and work on new and innovative projects. Sometimes this has been a challenge at times due to being short staffed in our department, but I feel that management is interested in our concerns and in our ideas for making Transunion a great place to work and recognizes and supports our efforts and is trying to get us caught up to where we should be in our industry; as the leading provider of credit information and tools..

New leadership is ripping company apart

Former Employee - Special Handling Representative in Fullerton, CA
    Former Employee - Special Handling Representative in Fullerton, CA

I worked at TransUnion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and comfortable work atmosphere.

Cons

Company continues to send more work to other countries and doing away with US jobs. Several years of lay-offs. Saw many, many lay-offs from executives all the way down to mailroom employees. Also had years of hiring freezes and no raises. Last year's raise was about $.05 for a top-rated, college educated employee.

Recognize the value of experienced, knowledgeable US employees who assist US customers before the company looses all credibility.

8. Growing company with exciting career opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company over 2 years and I've seen it change from a slightly stuffy company to one that is more agile and making exciting changes (like a complete renovation of corporate headquarters).

We're in the sweet spot in terms of scale (4,000+ employees) since you can do cool things like working across departments on international projects and also have the structure and resources to make things easily manageable. TransUnion growth also allows for greater career opportunities - I've made both a lateral job change, and received a promotion.

Overall I'm happy with the direction Transunion is heading and would recommended it as an employer to friends.

Cons

Like any company, your experience will vary by manager. Though we have some great managers, there are some that need improvement (who I personally wouldn't want to work for / with). Be careful to flush this out if you're interviewing!

Keep an eye on how management handles their employees. I've seen lots of top talent leave due to dissatisfaction with managers.

Customer Service Rep

I worked at TransUnion

Pros

Benefits were good and I got along with my co-workers

Cons

There was no room for advancement.

10. I'm excited for the Changes

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working with Transunion. The benefit costs are low compared to other companies, while the insurance coverage is great. You get the feeling that management really cares about its employees. The work/life balance is very good, and with all the changes occurring, I would bet there would be even more benefit perks down the road.

Cons

The pay seems to be very middle of the road, but with all the perks of working here, I have to realize it's not always better to get more pay unless the company and management are great to work with as well, like they are at Transunion.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a member for the HR team, I truly enjoy what I do and the organization I work for. The work is hard, but very rewarding. I am always given praise for what I do. The work-life balance is fantastic! I work out at our gym during my lunch break! My managers care about my career and care about how I progress.

Cons

My only Con is that the location is a little bit further away from my last position. And that's not TransUnion's fault! My commute can be a little tough sometimes, but my team is so flexible that this isn't even an issue!