TransUnion Reviews

231 reviews filtered by

1. I'm excited for the Changes

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy working with Transunion. The benefit costs are low compared to other companies, while the insurance coverage is great. You get the feeling that management really cares about its employees. The work/life balance is very good, and with all the changes occurring, I would bet there would be even more benefit perks down the road.

Cons

The pay seems to be very middle of the road, but with all the perks of working here, I have to realize it's not always better to get more pay unless the company and management are great to work with as well, like they are at Transunion.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a member for the HR team, I truly enjoy what I do and the organization I work for. The work is hard, but very rewarding. I am always given praise for what I do. The work-life balance is fantastic! I work out at our gym during my lunch break! My managers care about my career and care about how I progress.

Cons

My only Con is that the location is a little bit further away from my last position. And that's not TransUnion's fault! My commute can be a little tough sometimes, but my team is so flexible that this isn't even an issue!

3. Senior Manager

I have been working at TransUnion

Pros

Organization is investing in the business and looking to the future.

Cons

No HSA for health benefits

5. statistical analyst

Former Employee - Statistical Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Statistical Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TransUnion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible working time, large cub, free drink, opportunities to understand consumer credit data in many industries

Cons

fast pace, tight schedule, high pressure on detail and picky request on delivery quality

Advice to Management

A&M

6. Good place to work

Current Employee - Statistical Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Statistical Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Offers good work-life balance and perks

Cons

Nothing to complain about yet

Changing for the better!

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

With new leadership, there is a culture shift happening to becoming a more global, collaborative company. With that come growing pains with a lot of changes happening at the same time, but for the most part employees are excited as investments are being made in themselves and technology. Relaxed work environment, renovating corporate headquarters, new café in the building, great gym facilities.

Cons

Lacking a bonus structure for the majority of employees. While there are great overall benefits, there is no maternity/paternity leave. There is still an “old school” mentality and are outdated approval processes in place which can be road blocks to completing tasks.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the workforce and keep employees aware of the great things happening within the company.

8. Continuously Improving

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TransUnion has been a great company to launch my career and has provided me fantastic growth opportunities over the years. I have had the opportunity to work with very intelligent and supportive colleagues and managers – the people are truly what make TransUnion a great place to work! TransUnion is a growing fast-paced, work-hard environment, so you must be able to navigate change and deliver results.

Great benefits, newly renovated office in Chicago, opportunities for advancement (they have made a huge investment in internal hires/promotions in the last couple of years) and the BEST people!

Cons

No bonus structure for non-management roles. Some processes and policies could be revised to keep up with the now fast-paced/results-oriented culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in top talent and focus on more opportunities for work-life balance

Great company to work for with plenty of growth potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

The best part about working at TransUnion is the culture. The majority of people are very friendly and helpful. When I first started working here I was amazed that the atmosphere was so positive and people weren't complaining all the time. Of course people have stressful days, but overall I feel that most people really enjoy what they do here. Most teams are pretty laid back with flexible starting times and casual Fridays. There also seems to be a lot of upward growth, depending on your department, you could be moved up pretty quickly. The work-life balance is also ahead of the curve. You get 19 PTO days, but if you are sick or have something come up, you can just work from home. This is not just for senior managers, making you feel like you are really valued. You also get one VTO day a year where you can volunteer somewhere for the day. The corporate Chicago office is also going through a renovation and the space looks very nice. It has a gym, game room, and reasonably priced cafe with free Intelligentsia coffee. One last thing to note is they have different activities you can get involved in. There is a public speaking group, a young professionals group, and an events committee that plans activities throughout the year.

Cons

The company is going through some changes with a fairly new CEO, so some might see that as a deterrent, but so far he has really helped TransUnion become modernized. One con about working for a large company like this is that there are lots of procedures and protocols, so you have to go through a ton of channels to get some things done or approved. Also, because of the amount of data housed, there are a lot of IT security restrictions which can be cumbersome and sometimes you can’t even get into your email because the network is so slow.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and help the culture of TransUnion stay appealing to new and existing employees. Make sure the policies and procedures make sense so that people can work efficiently and don't have to jump through unnecessary hoops.

Liars

Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion

Pros

Exposure to new business technology

Cons

Back stabbing echo driven management!

Advice to Management

Stop lying you're people!

Great to place to work at!

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Great team and culture, Flexible working hours - depends on your own work, Gym facility, cafe with subsidized rates and next to union station.

Cons

The location is little far for the people living in the north of the city