Transaction Network Services

www.tnsi.com

Transaction Network Services Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014
Transaction Network Services – Reston – “TNS (Photo thanks to Flickr user melissaclark…”

Mike Keegan & Surendra Saboo

Okay Place to work

IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsFlexible hours, decent pay, there's always a Christmas party and a new gym ion the first floor

ConsNo strategic vision, bought by private capital group

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a vision for this company (new products)

Circus…a dying circus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsLocated in Reston, which was convenient for the commute.
    Friendships developed with my ex-colleagues

ConsBelonging to Private Equity. The PE firm that bought us, Siris, is not motivated to invest in capable senior management or in new areas of growth. The company is stuck in legacy business and won't invest in new growth areas. Half of the management was looking for jobs elsewhere, and the other half is frightened to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSplit the company in three…Payments, Telecom and Financial. There is no synergy between the three…so let the three go off on their own. The Telecom section where I worked would blossom by itself and with energetic and new management that understands mobile technology. The latest CEO change is not enough. Hopefully they are looking for a permanent replacement instead of leaving a care-taker.
    If nothing changes, people will continue to leave. People do not want to stay somewhere that is slowly dying.

Shameless, disconnected management

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsGreat benefits... that's about it.

ConsTerrible culture, endless layoffs have completely demoralized the offices, very little communication across the different branches. Management attempted a couple of company-wide discussions about outsourcing and only managed to breed more confusion and fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs completely different management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No corporate strategy, out-of-touch leadership struggling to stay relevant in a fast-evolving industry

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros20 year history in the industry, large number of staff with long history and experience in the industry

ConsNo visionaries/out-of-the-box thinkers leading the business, business hamstrung by Finance resulting in a far too risk adverse approach in making strategic decisions for the betterment and growth of the company moving forward

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-engage with your staff and leverage their experience and knowledge of the industry, the company and opportunities that are still open for the company to pursue. Look to reward and promote from inside rather than continually trying to hire the 'savior' from outside of the company

Going down hill fast!

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsStill employed but not sure for how long. No reassurance from management.

ConsOld school good O'l boys club in upper management. No focus on application and systems that got us here. No clear direction no feeling of employee loyalty, You're here for now so get over it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the product and the customer experience and numbers will follow.

Bad management with limited career path

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsBenefits and health dental insurance

ConsPoor management without training for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide employees more training with portable skills.

TNS is a company with promise but has not invested in senior management with enough vision to propel them forward.

Operations (Former Employee)

ProsGreat expertise in signaling and roaming. Overall good people employed - especially those that came from the Verisign group acquired. Decent company benefits.

ConsVery little executive level visionaries who understand the areas where investment is required for growth. Highly risk averse

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace yourselves

TNS is an ok place to work

Network Technician II (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThey work with you on a personal level. If you need time off for family or personal issues they work with you to make sure you get time off

ConsCommunication within the departments and keeping records updated is not very good. It makes it very difficult to get circuits working properly when records are not up to date

Advice to Senior ManagementWork side by side with someone in the NOC or install department to see how things really work because if an idea looks good on paper it doesn't mean it will work in reality

Indecisive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsLower level management is very in-touch and in-tune. The majority of employees are intelligent and enthusiastic, willing to do the work.

ConsThe upper echelons of management can't seem to make up their minds what they want to be when they grow up. Instead of addressing growth issues by finding the right path, they add more management to ponder the question. The company is now in the hands of an organization who plans to outsource most of the work and make the most money at the expense of the regular people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have gone back to the lean-mean principles that made the company work in the first place, and kept management levels to a minimum.

Don't get a job here

Technical Director of POS Development (Former Employee)

ProsWhen the old management was there, thing where really good. The pay didn't match outside companies but life/work balance was good and you where treated fair. It was really fun for 1st 10 years before things started going down hill revenue wise

ConsThe company was bought out by private equity firm (Sirus) in Feb 2012. They are totally cleaning house and firing everyone. Lot of good hard dedicated people that worked there butts off to resolve production problems 3 am on weekends until everything was back up and running where fired. They are cleaning house and basically firing everyone who is in development. I was fired (laid) off after 10 years, just taken to a room for a "meeting" and laid off. Here is your packet, have a nice life. That was a pretty difficult experience. When you work you ass of for a company, your system runs good and over the course of my tenure there, my system easily brought in over 100 million dollars in revenue (gross) for the company with a 40 percent profit margin is not bad. Doing the coding, production support and everything for a 4 person development team is not bad. But they laid off the whole development team (in the course of year). They won't have your back and will treat you like dirt and then dump you when you have a "meeting" you don't expect.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe keys to turning around a company are with the employees. You cannot buy commitment, dedication and trust. You start treating employees like a bag of trash and start by firing people who have been there for years with solid commitment to customers, products and TNS. Passion, committed and dedicated employees are the people who can make or break a company. You just can't treat people like that.

Worked for Transaction Network Services? Contribute to the Community!