Transcentra Reviews

Reset
2.3
Lynn Boggs

Fair

I worked at Transcentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule when needed by management.

Cons

Long working hours with no acknowledgement; no training.

Advice to Management

Restructure

2. Special Handling Clerk

I have been working at Transcentra full-time

Pros

Cross training into different departments helped me build experience.

Cons

There hasn't been a raise in over 5+ years. The workers that actually work are unappreciated while the ones that just sit there and do nothing are commended on everything that management sees in the 20sec they are walking around. Not once have they walked around telling their staff " Thank you for working so hard and helping our company excel."

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your staff members before you end up losing the good employees.

3. A company with a future?

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Transcentra full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Will work with the potential employees to gain working status in the US

Cons

Their products are centralized around paper and are for an industry in a downturn

5. Operator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Transcentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not five words

Cons

No raises! Lucky to get 40 hours a week

What was a great culture now on decline.

Pros

The company is comprised of a talented team of subject matter experts. A good team atmosphere with very little politics. Up until recently a terrific cultural environment.

Cons

Products and Services centered in the declining check industry. Software is developed offshore and has some quality issues making it difficult install.

Advice to Management

Know your market. Stop expecting unrealistic revenue growth. Transition away from offshore model.

Needs to be revamped from top to bottom

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Transcentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some operators are fairly pleasant. Was able to come and go as I pleased due to lack of supervision and lack of work

Cons

Management is lacking, the ones that are there are not in the loop to care about their associates or over do it due to the lack of care by their colleagues. Lots of bugs, flies, termites, the building is not up to code and should be revamped.

Advice to Management

Working with your associates and not talking down to them is needed. Stand up for what's right and not what upper management thinks, especisg if your associate is not in the wrong. An occasional thank you would be greatly appreciated. Less office drama in Dallas would be ideal as there isn't trust at all.

Where do we go from here?

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Flexible working, benefits comparable to what is being offered at other places. Use it or loose it time off policy.

Cons

Very limited 401K matching, friendly work environment. But no direction for the future...kind of a rudderless ship. It is just floating in the ocean without a vision

Advice to Management

Provide proactive guidance and get aggressive with products and solutions in the market place. Very limited opportunities and need to diversify into the electronic payments and other technologies.

Work atmosphere

Former Employee - I Did Stuff in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - I Did Stuff in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Transcentra full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location was good hour were open with pressure

Cons

Dysfunctional upper management team no direction on projects.

Advice to Management

Share progress with staff and support your staff with training and advancement, get rid of the nepotism.

Proceed with Caution

I have been working at Transcentra full-time

Pros

work in process, challenge if you're up for it.

Cons

Training, Advancement, concern for employees, compensation, culture, work ethics, morale, development

Advice to Management

revamp

Disappointed

Current Employee - Lbx Clerk in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Lbx Clerk in Medford, MA

I have been working at Transcentra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The occasional free lunch. An okay benefit package.

Cons

The company acquired Citizen's Bank Lbx of Medford, MA around Oct. 2013. The transition was anything but smooth. Upon take over, they called everyone into a room and forced us to sign paperwork w/o the paperwork being explained or giving us the time to read it. Communication between HR/management/employees is very poor and the management seems to hide a lot of things from its employee base, creating a shadowy environment. The date on which we will be moving into our new building and getting new equipment is constantly changing and the company also stated, after telling us that we'd all get a 2% cost of living raise, that we would not be getting one due to late hiring dates. Employee morale seems to be on a downward spiral because of these mixed messages. Currently, overtime is high, despite a low workload, work/life balance is low. The work load is imbalanced, with certain employees doing a lot more w/o increased compensation and others doing very little. Currently, no one is held accountable for poor quality and lacking productivity. This has led to lazy employees and poor quality. The supervisory staff seems clueless, pulling people in multiple directions w/o giving any real direction at all. They seem as flustered as anyone underneath them and barely seem to know what they are doing. This is understandable, as training as been poor across the board. I see very little chance for advancement and pay increases within the company and my confidence in the company is fading.

Advice to Management

There are 15+ people who are capable of being cross-trained, cross-train them and stop throwing work onto those whom are already over-burdened. Also, cross-train yourselves so that you can better understand the dept. A manager or supervisor should have knowledge on all areas of the dept.

RSS Feed </> Embed