Transcom WorldWide Reviews

Updated March 5, 2015
83 reviews filtered by
2.9
Johan Eriksson

Pros
  • wonderful being able to work from home (in 5 reviews)

• Decent pay and ability to work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits and pay scale low for the level of work performed (in 3 reviews)

• Also there is little to no opportunity to go froward with your career (in 2 reviews)

1. The experience overall I would consider it neutral. It was a great job to have while going through college.

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job was easy and the information to learn was not very hard. Overall a simple job that requires a little computer skills.

Cons

The management team was awful. They allowed favoritism which would disrupt any business if all employees are not treated fairly. Customers at times can be very painful to deal with.

I think the local location here in Lafayette Louisiana was managed poorly. The ground work to have a successful business was present but the wrong people in management.

2. "Ok" workplace to get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent
    Room for advancement

Cons

Most of the bad eggs that have come-and-gone are just that, bad. Terrible attendance, horrible attitudes, disturbing others, false senses of entitlement. This causes a very unpleasant working environment. That being said, HR could do with a huge improvement in its recruitment process and actually deny those that clearly fail. HR hires anyone that can pick up a pen and write their name on an application.

Upper management takes its team leaders for granted. The supervisors continually do whats asked of them yet its never enough. Upper management needs to value their supervisors a bit more and realize that they do run the floor and interact 100% of the time with the agents and are aware of issues and problems and not doubt their abilities to manage teams.

The pay could be better for supervisors. The agents get the better incentives with bonuses, commission and incentives on top of their pay.

Listen to your supervisors. Stop promoting people who cant even run small teams properly.

Has challenged me, and forced me to grow in areas where I've been lacking.

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The training is excellent. I really enjoy all of the trainers way of dealing with me. All of the training is full pay. All of my direct supervisors are really nice, but still have the ability to be good supervisors. So far all my of co-workers on my team are some of the best virtual people I've ever met. Now they are adding benefits soon, so I am REALLY starting to like my job, more everyday.

Cons

It is hard to not ever actually have met anyone from this company in person. The infomation changes constantly, so that can be challange at times. They really needs to streamline the number of applications that are required to help the customers for the client I am assigned to.

Do not try so hard to cover-up the issues that are going on with the company during the initial training. Everyone there is an adult and most of us are pretty intelligent adults; so the perfect image that the trainers try to paint seems kind of silly. There is no such thing as a perfect work place. If there was it would be called recess not work.

Lasted less than 6 months

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Deltona, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Deltona, FL

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very nice coworkers ....Patient managers and you CAN speak to the VP of everything if you have an issue .... decent pay..This is a telecommuting position .

Cons

Terrible training.... You go live on the phones without proper education of the products and services being provided .High stress...bad schedules ...

Need better training of all employees ...Need access to a mock database for training employees on how to adjust accounts. Less focus on up-selling when a customer calls in for tech support..the last thing they want is for their CSR to try to sell them something..If it is tech support..that is all that CSR should be doing.

Fast-paced work environment that helped build my contact center career...

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People and the Culture...my second home for the past nine years and despite some challenges and ineffective leaders who came in and left, the organization continues to strive to improve the welfare of the employees

Cons

Lack of additional employee benefits particular to management positions and training for total development from staff level all the way to the management level

More training focused on effective leadership and management skills; proper on-boarding for employees promoted within to equip them with better understanding and knowledge of their new role; retirement and loyalty packages for those whose tenure has reached 5 years and above

work from home Technical support agent

Current Employee - Technical Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home position that is fairly well paying when you consider savings of working from home in transportation costs and other costs of working outside the home. Offering new and atractive benefits package.

Cons

Systems failures are an ongoing issues. Shift bids are tricky making it difficult to get the hours that work best for your home life. although the trainers do the best they can with the time alloted there needs to be more time devoted to training to make agents more sucessful. some Team Leads just do not spend the time with new agents to ensure sucess.

well trained agents are more sucessful and will prevent agent turnover.

8. Transcom

Current Employee - TSR in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - TSR in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

nice ppl, ok pay, most ppl are cool..laxed dress code

Cons

commission check structure, paychecks sometimes are wrong or not there

give raises, hire ppl that want to be a TL

great learning opportunity

I worked at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

wonderful being able to work from home. made good friends and great connections. starting pay at 9.50 is good since you are at home. all the tools are given to do your job well, as it is a call center.

Cons

no room to advance. no raises in over 3 years. management can be very demanding. scheduling changes often and not very flexible if you have home life needs.

10. Transcom Worldwide Review

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work from remote as needed

Cons

Not competitive in the market as for benefits, compensation. No 401K plan.

Consider the market you are in to determine salary ranges.

11. run!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Transcom WorldWide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

run not a very good company to work for

Cons

run it is very unorganized and very low pay

run