Transfield Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Transfield Services Managing Director and & CEO Graeme Hunt

Graeme Hunt

A cash cow with no real desire to improve.

Technician - W/Certificate (Current Employee) Christchurch (New Zealand)

ProsOne of the best reasons is you don't work in an office, if you want to muck around the whole day you can and the pay is pretty good.

ConsThis company is going downhill fast. The managers are ex-workers who got shafted into the position to save them from going redundant. It's an old boys club. There are several workers at Transfield who don't actually do anything during the day, there are a lot of older technicians that don't understand the newer technologies coming though and so when they get assigned to fix a problem, they sign it off and get paid then the fault eventually ends up with someone who can fix it.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let some new blood start running the company.

Rail sector

Plant/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) Adelaide (Australia)

ProsLooks good only on website

ConsBad decisions, throwing money away...

Advice to Senior ManagementClose this circus!!!!

Poorly resourced

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsThe pay is great. I know I won't be on the same pay grade if I go elsewhere.

ConsDespite pay being great, Transfield don't look after their staff. There are few opportunities for professional growth, training or even obtaining basic resources to do the job such as software, human resources or equipment.
    Out-sourcing shared services has led to serious losses in efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop draining contracts of their resources. I understand the need to save a buck, but look to efficiencies in corporate operations before risking the welfare of operational staff and company reputation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A large company with alot of departments. Its all about who you know

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays well. Recognised organisation. Alot of information during training process. IT support is great.
    Work vehicles are a good bonus. Meet alot of people from all trades

ConsUnorganised management filters to workers below. Alot of inefficient processes conducted.
    Too many hoops to jump through just to make your job easier and quicker, benefiting everyone you surround. New departments struggle to gain traction due to senior management not cooperating.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers at the bottom. Their ideas can cut alot of cost

Great place to work for the people, but acquisition of my company was not smooth

Project Accountant (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPeople are great and hard working

ConsAcquisition was not smooth and did not benefit employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop out sourcing your employees. This will not be beneficial in the long run

Terrible Work Environment

Proscan only improve form where it stands

ConsCompany does not pay its bills.
    Outsourcing departments to India and closing offices
    Poor Leadership across the organization
    Company consistently does not meet it's financial targets - no bonuses
    System implementations crammed in, enormous payroll and tax issues

Advice to Senior Managementclean house

I enjoy the work but the salary is not apt for the work I do, whilst others seem to be overpaid

Facilities & Plant Administrator (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

ProsThe staff are friendly and easy going

ConsThe management sometimes seem to lack courage where staff are concerned and give in to their demands

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed of what is going on in the company.

Good company

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsDiversified company with good opportunities

ConsSome people are in their positions just because they have been around long enough not because of their qualifications

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be a bit more aggtessive in going after work

Transfield "Dont leave your job to Work There"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone, there is nothing good about working there

ConsTSA doesnt tell you what the cost of benefits really are before they hire you they exceed 800.00 pr month for family, they dont tell you they are tanking and dont pay their bills. The culture is horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementDont lie to prospective employees

Transfield Services - A company in flux

Manager (Current Employee) Newcastle (Australia)

ProsA wide variety of opportunities if willing to travel
    Good conditions for wages employees
    Some very good managers
    Has a long history of finding a way to do anything

ConsShort Term focus
    Lack of quality over arching systems and process - very fragmented
    Outsourced IT to India which takes ages to resolve anything
    Poorly paid management and supervisory positions henceforth poor quality
    Managers consistently asked to aid with tenders/transitions of new contracts which is never reflected in annual salary review

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the business and work on ensuring the contracts are supported

Worked for Transfield Services? Contribute to the Community!