Transfield Services

• San Francisco, CA
1 Review
Transfield Services Managing Director and & CEO Graeme Hunt
Graeme Hunt

1. I agree with prior comments - you need an Executive Level Sponsor, Large Bureaucratic machine - connections gallore

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Transfield Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ability to work internationally, learn about humans, SAP exposure, especially implementations

Cons

too much bureaucracy - you gotta be able to play the game and accept that some people are milking the company as much as they can, many cases when wives and other relatives are being employed on some amazing terms, they had to tighten up the belt in 2012-2014 but a lot of nepotism and unfairness still, some are on "workers comp" - especially in Australia, many people are lawyering up when they are made redundant/are laid odd... I was young and had idealistic view of the world and wanted to make the company better - worked 15 hour days, stupid girl, I am now almost 30 - looked back - was not worth it but I lived in a few countries while working for them so that is good. I was severely underpaid, the company transferred me and because I had a work visa - they knew they could keep me for cheap - it was embarrassing as I was the cheapest resource but I learnt acceptance and putting my EGO at bay but hey... very unfair treatment.. as so I know earn triple, crazy.

Advice to Management

Continue milking while you can - money and greed rules the world I guess.... on your platform of existence