Translations.com

Updated May 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Phil Shawe

a start up within a well established industry leader

Engineer (Current Employee) Maynard, MA

ProsThe opportunity to learn is exceptional; work environment is warm, friendly, and very supportive. Management is very reasonable and receptive to suggestions.

ConsManagement responsibility is not clearly defined; culture of blame when a project encounters problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define responsibilities.
    The annual review is a sham, it needs to be re-written with more practical metrics that actually apply to projects.

Avoid unless desperate!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe other team members tend to be young, so there is a community feeling.

ConsEven though the managers can be great, they seem to have very little power due to all the red tape. All raises and promotions have to be approved by the CEO, which can take months. This is incredibly frustrating, since people count on certain bonuses or raises to pay bills, and the delays are never explained or apologized for. It feels like everyone working around you is miserable and constantly looking for a way out.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of how low morale is, and consider how these financial issues affect staff longevity.

Good environment to thrive if you want to commit yourself

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosentrepreneurial atmosphere is encouraged and productivity is rewarded. Good management.

ConsNot a lot. Hours can be long but bonuses and experience balance that out.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with staff. Less of a silo mentality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is the king

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNear my house in Pune maharasthtra

ConsNo good work , No appraisal

Worked for Translations.com? Contribute to the Community!