Transnation Title Insurance

www.lticsd.com

Transnation Title Insurance Reviews

2.6

Ted Chandler Jr.

Nepotism and old boys' club at work.

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Transnation Title Insurance

Pros

health insurance was good - included dental/vision and the company 401K match

Cons

You put in a lot of hours. No real career path past manager.

Be less concerned with being a Fortune 500 (499 squeak) company and concentrate on recognizing and mentoring good employees.

Difficult

Former Employee - Closer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Closer in Denver, CO

I worked at Transnation Title Insurance

Pros

Location was very convenient for the south area

Cons

Fractured, short staffed, always trying to stretch the budget without resources to grow

too many branches, no cohesiveness, no vision

Greed over service

Former Employee - Delinquency in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Delinquency in Covina, CA

I worked at Transnation Title Insurance

Pros

Employees had the flexibility to perform their job responsibilities well.

Cons

Senior management could be openly hostile and insulting to employees. Public humiliation was common. They were also so focused on quick growth they could not fulfill contractual responsibilities. They were pocketing bonuses by shuffling around employees from one crisis to another, instead of hiring more employees to do the daily work needed to serve their customers. Eventually their greed caught up with them and major customers left. Before the company could recover, the mortgage crisis hit and it was all downhill from there.

Listen to the employees. We do the work,we are the experts. Having power doesn't make you smarter than the rest of us. Motivational programs like Gung-Ho only work when senior management members are not obvious hypocrites and openly disrespectful.

On Shakey Ground

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Transnation Title Insurance

Pros

LandAmerica was a great place to work for me. I had a lot of independence in determining how to fulfill my role. I was treated well, as long as I was a viable member of the team. When my health forced me to take time off, they handled it professionally. However, I did not feel welcome when I returned some months later.

Cons

Since I left the company, it has been gobbled up by Fidelity and will probably not survive the current economy--another victim of the real estate bubble. I just heard they canceled all the COBRA and group insurance benefits for the retirees and people who were laid off. They have no options for health insurance without COBRA.

Run!