Transportation Solutions Group

Tim Zelasko

Enjoyable Work Environment

Current Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

TSG is a great place to call home. This company knows how to bring the best out of their employees and reward them for their hard work. TSG knows how to make the work environment fun but can also kick it into work mode and get tasks done. The sky is the limit at TSG and if you prove that you are a hard-working employee you will be able to rise the ranks.

Cons

The hours and stress sometimes can be rough but that is every job. I cannot think of a con for TSG. If you show up to work and do your job there is nothing to complain about.

My advice to management is to just keep things the same and not change the way TSG functions. I would hate to see the company lose its fun energetic environment because that is what makes coming into work enjoyable.

Sales Rep

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper Management is good to the employees who deserve it, the company is growing, a lot of opportunity;

Cons

Some of the so called "leaders" and upper level management are anything but a leader, Company plays favorites;

Start living up to your name, mainly the soutions part; you don't have solutions when it comes to growing organically,

Leaving TSG Was The Best Thing I Ever Did

Former Employee - Carrier Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wear whatever you want. Free cheeseburgers when they keep you there until 19:00 on a Friday night. Superior software program. All you have to do to get promoted is take your shirt off and run around the floor in a speedo.

Cons

They overwork their employees BIGTIME. They take freight a whee bit too serious. They book and bounce their freight. It's a company of favorites - i.e. The recent promotion of a very immature individual who absolutely did not deserve that promotion (prob 10+ carrier reps that deserved that promotion more).

Take a step back and change your day to day. Spread your carrier reps and carrier managers on a bigger flex schedule. You all know you make some reps stay till 6 and 7pm (because that's how the TSG freight is (nothing wrong with that))everyday so just create that 09:00 to 19:00 carrier schedule for some that fit it. 10 hours a day is ENOUGH! Stop making these guys work 12 hours a day 2-3 times a week. Remember your employees are human and there's more to life than freight. Think about the numerous carrier reps you guys have lost lately and think deep as to why that is (most of those reps are about as good as it gets too). Take more freight, it's okay to fail once in a while as long as you keep taking risks. Fix the internal condescending nature of TSG.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Workplace

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people, atmosphere, and activities are fun and rewarding. I wake up excited to go to work everyday and enjoy the daily challenge that is presented. Overall - satisfied with my position and have met some great friends in the office thus far. TSG is a fun place to work and has a fast paced, lively atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes have to work weekends/longer hours than others in the office. Overall though, this is a fun place to work with a good group of employees and management.

Management has an effective system in place.

An amazing environment that is never boring and always keeps you on your toes

Current Employee - Customer Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working with intelligent people in a fast paced environment couldn't possibly be more motivating

Cons

When someone responds with a revised contract, it can take the legal team a day or two to return a signed copy.

Keep the happy hours coming! These outings definitely help with morale and give us the opportunity to mingle with people we may not normally encounter.

HURRY AND GET ABOARD THIS FREIGHT TRAIN BEFORE YOU MISS OUT!!!!!

Current Employee - Senior Carrier Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment, tremendous opportunity of growth, never a slow day very fast paced and competitive, TSG only wants to see you succeed and will help in any which way to make sure this happens. Management is very professional and go out of their way to get to know you and your family on a personal level. From the President of the Company all the way down, everyone is always available to speak at
    anytime. I have been at this company for four years now and couldnt be more proud to be an employee and part of something special. TSG is a family and a company only gets this way if it starts from the top!!!!!!!

Cons

Its hard to leave work related issues at work and not bring them home with you.... On the other hand in this industry the more issues you are dealing with the more money you are making...

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

Taking On New Challenges

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

- opportunity to grow, develop new service lines, take the reigns and go
    - great environment, good music, casual dress
    - new challenges every day, industry is always changing
    - love the chance to win every day, every transaction is a chance to develop a new relationship

Cons

- hours can be long, there are usually incentives to get out early though

-Keep giving your young reps the chances to rise up!

Love Coming to Work Everyday

Current Employee - Carrier Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership with solid group of mentors. Culture is awesome here, they are always doing something fun to keep things interesting. I have moved up pretty quickly in two years and have a great knowledge of the industry. I started out being a young rookie with a lot to learn, and although I still am learning something new every day, I now get to help out with the newer reps and point them in the right direction.

Cons

Everyday comes with it challenges as this is transportation and issues do occur. The hours can be long as well, but the time flies.

Keep doing what you are doing and never sit back on your laurels.

Couldn't imagine myself working anywhere else..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over 10 years and truly feel as if they are my 2nd family.. the company continues to grow / stand out in the market place and I am proud to be a part of that. They are very invested in their employees, and do a lot to make sure the personnel knows they are appreciated.

Cons

Long hours, but those who put the effort in have a lot to show for it.

Continue to bring in people who are hungry and want to see this company be successful, as its a fun ride to be a part of that.

Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - Customer Operations  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership across the company. You get a lot of hands on training to begin your career and get into the mix within the first month. I personally had no experience in the industry before starting at TSG and now have a great base of knowledge of how everything works.

Cons

Paid time-off for new employees used to be on the lighter side, but they just updated this year, so seems like management is always trying to improve. Hours can be long, but are off set by half days.

Worked for Transportation Solutions Group? Contribute to the Community!