Transportation Solutions Group Reviews

Tim Zelasko

Great People, Great Company

Current Employee - Vice President of Carrier Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President of Carrier Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities around every corner. Senior Management that cares about it's people and wants them to do well.

Cons

This is not a con, the reality is that if you want to succeed in any venture you need to put in the time and effort. Sometimes to rise above the pack one must recongize challenges as opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep the good times going

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You truly can't find a better work environment. The TSG team is a fun and hard working group of individuals. I have made many friendships at TSG and feel very lucky to work in such a tight knit group of people. Everyone at TSG works hard and we are rewarded, whether its by positive reinforcement or incentives like gift cards. Personally I feel as though my hard work is both acknowledged and appreciated by management and I feel a sense of accomplishment after a long day of work. TSG lives by the "work hard, play hard" philosophy, as we are always listening to music, having dance-offs, karaoke performances or trivia contests. Management is always doing things to keep us smiling, laughing and having a good time. Aside from the fun, there is a lot of room for growth at TSG. Anyone who works hard can quickly see the potential for a bright future at the company.

Cons

I really can't think of a bad thing to say about working at TSG. If you have a good work ethic, there is no reason not to thrive at this company.

Advice to Management

I hope the atmosphere never changes at TSG. It is truly a special place to work and management has everything to do with it. The leaders at TSG make everyone feel like an integral part of the team.

Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the years, I’ve never stopped growing at TSG. The leadership team always encourages professional and personal development. I’m surrounded by supportive colleagues who strive to do their best day in and day out.

Cons

It’s a dynamic industry that can be stressful at times, but the challenges help you develop valuable time-management and problem-solving skills.

Advice to Management

Keep developing our most valuable resource - our people.

Upper Management

Current Employee - Carrier Sales and Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales and Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

With upper management having 10 plus year experience it is good to know that they have successfully navigated through our economies up and downs, perseverance is a true attribute you should be looking at when targeting a company for employment. I have also noticed that they really invest in their employee development as compared to the mass hiring and see what sticks mentality, development and support are also great attributes when looking at companies for employment. Based upon the awards they are wining in the marketplace against tough competition in Chicagoland, they must be doing something right with employee development and satisfaction.

Cons

It is a work hard play hard enviorment that constantly challenges your ability to adapt and learn on the job

Advice to Management

Growth is a by product of perseverance

Great Place To Start A Career

Current Employee - Manager of Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TSG is probably the most unique work environment I have ever come across and offers a great opportunity to start a career. Definitely the most interesting industry I have ever worked in and was able to come in with no experience and advance quickly. Continue to grow and develop and the future here looks very promising.

Cons

Long hours that can become draining, but as with anything what you put in is what you get out and it's often worth it.

I have had a great experience working at TSG the past few years

Current Employee - Manager of Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

I think one of the best things about working at TSG is being a part of a growing company and the ability to grow with it. When I started at TSG I was new to the industry; with the guidance of my managers and support of the company I was able to progress into a management role within two years and I continue to grow every day. It is an exciting industry and a very exciting company to be a part of. Every day is different and while there are obstacles everyone will experience in the world of freight, the support and praise you get from management is rewarding on all levels. I have recommended this job to many of my friends and have seen a lot of my friends successfully grow at this company. TSG has successfully taught me the in's and out's of the freight world and I am very happy to have the opportunity to be at this company.

Cons

Not too much to say here, I am very happy with my carrer at TSG and plan on being here for the long haul.

I enjoy working with such a fun group of people that make everyday new and exciting

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fast Paced fun energetic environment. Healthy blend of Teamwork and Competition. Working for a company that is growing as fast as we are, new jobs and promotions are popping up everyday and there is unlimited room for growth. Catered lunch never few and far between.

Cons

Not typical 9-5 schedule. Parking

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees happy, they are your most vital resource.

Opportunity around every corner

Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

This is a small to mid-sized company. Even while working in an entry level position, you will sit next to and work with upper management every day. I believe this gives all TSG employees the opportunity learn the industry, and it creates an atmosphere to grow professionally and personally.

Cons

This is the most honest feedback I can give: The hours can be long. Although, I believe that you will work long hours at ANY company if your goal is to advance to the next level. If you find yourself working late, you will begin to notice the same group of people surrounding you, and they are consistently the top producers at TSG.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote within. I see this happen all the time, and it is a huge motivator to keep the company's greatest assets (its people) excited to come to work every day.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth as this company continues to grow. Upper management has shown great leadership through some tough economic times and this company contiues to grow and succeed on a daily basis. The best work environment you can find. It's fun, interactive and challenging

Cons

This is a competative industry and you need to bring your "A Game" every day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it works!

Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership across the company. You get a lot of hands on training to begin your career and get into the mix within the first month. I personally had no experience in the industry before starting at TSG and now have a great base of knowledge of how everything works.

Cons

Paid time-off for new employees used to be on the lighter side, but they just updated this year, so seems like management is always trying to improve. Hours can be long, but are off set by half days.

RSS Feed </> Embed