Transportation Solutions Group

Tim Zelasko

Enjoyable Work Environment

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

TSG is a great place to call home. This company knows how to bring the best out of their employees and reward them for their hard work. TSG knows how to make the work environment fun but can also kick it into work mode and get tasks done. The sky is the limit at TSG and if you prove that you are a hard-working employee you will be able to rise the ranks.

Cons

The hours and stress sometimes can be rough but that is every job. I cannot think of a con for TSG. If you show up to work and do your job there is nothing to complain about.

My advice to management is to just keep things the same and not change the way TSG functions. I would hate to see the company lose its fun energetic environment because that is what makes coming into work enjoyable.

Great Workplace

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people, atmosphere, and activities are fun and rewarding. I wake up excited to go to work everyday and enjoy the daily challenge that is presented. Overall - satisfied with my position and have met some great friends in the office thus far. TSG is a fun place to work and has a fast paced, lively atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes have to work weekends/longer hours than others in the office. Overall though, this is a fun place to work with a good group of employees and management.

Management has an effective system in place.

An amazing environment that is never boring and always keeps you on your toes

Current Employee - Customer Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Sales in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working with intelligent people in a fast paced environment couldn't possibly be more motivating

Cons

When someone responds with a revised contract, it can take the legal team a day or two to return a signed copy.

Keep the happy hours coming! These outings definitely help with morale and give us the opportunity to mingle with people we may not normally encounter.

HURRY AND GET ABOARD THIS FREIGHT TRAIN BEFORE YOU MISS OUT!!!!!

Current Employee - Senior Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Carrier Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, tremendous opportunity of growth, never a slow day very fast paced and competitive, TSG only wants to see you succeed and will help in any which way to make sure this happens. Management is very professional and go out of their way to get to know you and your family on a personal level. From the President of the Company all the way down, everyone is always available to speak at
    anytime. I have been at this company for four years now and couldnt be more proud to be an employee and part of something special. TSG is a family and a company only gets this way if it starts from the top!!!!!!!

Cons

Its hard to leave work related issues at work and not bring them home with you.... On the other hand in this industry the more issues you are dealing with the more money you are making...

Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!

Taking On New Challenges

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

- opportunity to grow, develop new service lines, take the reigns and go
    - great environment, good music, casual dress
    - new challenges every day, industry is always changing
    - love the chance to win every day, every transaction is a chance to develop a new relationship

Cons

- hours can be long, there are usually incentives to get out early though

-Keep giving your young reps the chances to rise up!

Love Coming to Work Everyday

Current Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Carrier Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership with solid group of mentors. Culture is awesome here, they are always doing something fun to keep things interesting. I have moved up pretty quickly in two years and have a great knowledge of the industry. I started out being a young rookie with a lot to learn, and although I still am learning something new every day, I now get to help out with the newer reps and point them in the right direction.

Cons

Everyday comes with it challenges as this is transportation and issues do occur. The hours can be long as well, but the time flies.

Keep doing what you are doing and never sit back on your laurels.

Couldn't imagine myself working anywhere else..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over 10 years and truly feel as if they are my 2nd family.. the company continues to grow / stand out in the market place and I am proud to be a part of that. They are very invested in their employees, and do a lot to make sure the personnel knows they are appreciated.

Cons

Long hours, but those who put the effort in have a lot to show for it.

Continue to bring in people who are hungry and want to see this company be successful, as its a fun ride to be a part of that.

Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great leadership across the company. You get a lot of hands on training to begin your career and get into the mix within the first month. I personally had no experience in the industry before starting at TSG and now have a great base of knowledge of how everything works.

Cons

Paid time-off for new employees used to be on the lighter side, but they just updated this year, so seems like management is always trying to improve. Hours can be long, but are off set by half days.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Transportation Solutions Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth as this company continues to grow.

Upper management has shown great leadership through some tough economic times and this company contiues to grow and succeed on a daily basis.

The best work environment you can find. It's fun, interactive and challenging

Cons

This is a competative industry and you need to bring your "A Game" every day.

Keep doing what you're doing because it works!

Opportunity around every corner

Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

Pros

This is a small to mid-sized company. Even while working in an entry level position, you will sit next to and work with upper management every day. I believe this gives all TSG employees the opportunity learn the industry, and it creates an atmosphere to grow professionally and personally.

Cons

This is the most honest feedback I can give: The hours can be long. Although, I believe that you will work long hours at ANY company if your goal is to advance to the next level. If you find yourself working late, you will begin to notice the same group of people surrounding you, and they are consistently the top producers at TSG.

Continue to promote within. I see this happen all the time, and it is a huge motivator to keep the company's greatest assets (its people) excited to come to work every day.

Transportation Solutions Group Photos