Transworld Systems

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
3.5

Bernard P. Zeng

Great team leadership, negotiations and collections were a great learning experience. Pay was awesome, very well rounded

Former Employee - Collector in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Collector in Denver, CO

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits were great, the company allowed you to work at your own pace. The collection laws changed drastically in the five years I was there, but the company accommodated to the change. Hours were great and they allowed you to work from home if you qualified and had kids

Cons

In collections you have people screaming at you because they are in debt. You have to put that aside, it's not your fault that people don't pay their bills.

The dealer that the company went to ruined a lot of our careers

Overachiever

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Transworld Systems

Pros

HIgh commissions, flexibility I work schedule and your are your own boss.

Cons

No assurance of income from week to week; no office "culture"; can feel like a "lone wolf."

I have been successful in media sales for many years and diverged, this year, to work in cash flow solutions with an emphasis on the medical industry. I would like to parlay my finely honed sales abilities to the medical arena fulltime and be paid a healthy base with commissions, given my years of experience. Further, I am looking for a position that could lead to management.

Great motivational, supportive management, best commission based sales jobs I've had.

Current Employee - Account Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Transworld Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great product; easy to sell; Company has good, long standing reputation with many very reputable, huge clients-makes it much easier to gain respect from cliens, good pay-commensurate with time dedicated; very flexible schedule; hands off management (not micro-managers like some sales jobs I've had).

Cons

Training a bit lacking if you have no experience in sales, you will most likely be lost. Many emailed questions not answered, though they claim to ge "big on communication", "here to help and guide". I have had to wing a lot of training on my own.

Perhaps have a brief one on one with each new team member after first weeks training, BEFORE expecting appts/sales to start coming in, to confirm new person actually clearly understands what the heck they are selling and doing with the piles of paperwork/docs given to us!

Training?

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time

Pros

The services offered are in definite need

Cons

Poor training and a bit out of step with current business building processes.

Update

Transworld Systems Response

Oct 27, 2014Sales Director - Recruiting Lead

At Transworld Systems we pride ourselves in offering training that is best in the industry. However, we always desire to improve all aspects of our work experience and especially our training. It is ... More

Although an exciting entry into sales, the lack of training leads to a disappointing experience.

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Transworld Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The services offered by Transworld are definitely needed by businesses. My District/office manager was a wonderful person and provided great information to help and worked with the sales people to try and develop a team environment.

Cons

The training offered by Transworld is in need of restructuring to meet the demands of current sales environment. The systems as currently developed is not conducive or encouraging to team sales environment. All sales staff are considered independent contractors.

The Regional Sales Director needs to no act like a used car salesman - these are professional sales clients.

Transworld Systems is a good place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work as an independent contractor. Commissions are paid weekly and the company never messes with commissions.

Cons

If you do not have the discipline to work as an independent contractor it is difficult. Management tries to groom new associates but they are also busy trying to earn their own commissions.

We need better marketing materials. Rep resources are out of date and the new "hub" is more difficult than the old outfitter.

Fantastic company, great product and wonderful work environment.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The commission rate is great, advancement potential is as well. I firmly believe in the systems they offer their clients and have seen my own clients very satisfied. This company can change everything you've thought negatively about collection agencies. Professionalism, training, support...Transworld builds a true sales professional.

Cons

As a 1099 employee, it's not an easy start. Many "sales people" come to Transworld thinking they know everything about sales, medical or pharmaceutical sales or any other kind of sales...and fail. I mean, never make it past 1-3 months. Why? Because they truly never became a sales professional in their previous career. This rough start, if the person has integrity, work ethic and mental toughness is survivable. Transworld will not only make you a better sales professional, but a better communicator and all-around better person.

Offer performance bonuses beyond 6 months to perhaps 1 year.

The most challenging but potentially rewarding position Ive ever accepted

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time

Pros

limitless income, security and freedom

Cons

none that do not challenge your personal development to reach the true level of a professional salesman

The right fit for someone who is ready to have a lasting career and tired of just having a job

Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High front end commissions on sales, lifetime residual income, freedom to work in what ever industry, vertical or market you choose, no territory restrictions, no franchise fees, no licensing fees, support and backing of 44 year old company, real opportunity for advancement with a defined career track, software partnerships that make selling the service more easier than ever. Fair and rewarding rookie bonus package for first 6 months

Cons

It can be a challenge for someone to work for themselves with little to no oversight, anyone thinking they are going to immediate get a six figure income without doing the necessary and required prospecting will not succeed in this business. You are not given leads but you are given the tools and training on how to generate leads yourself. Also someone who doesn't take advantage of the technology relationships the company has in place will have a much harder time making their business grow.

The company is going through some philosophical and real changes as veterans who have been in the business for over 20 to 30 years are retiring or stepping down from management. The company is also transitioning from a brick-and-mortar company with physical offices to a much more virtual one. However some things like the Sales Agent Agreement and the way some information is communicated is still mired by the older methods the company used to follow. Its time for a revamp of these procedures to follow the major changes that are occurring.

the most rewarding job I have ever had

Current Employee - Chief Revenue Generator in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Revenue Generator in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

managing my own business and being a true entrepreneur through TSI has given me freedoms i only thought CEO's could have

Cons

only letting obstacles get in the way.... so if those are cons then you must get through them

keep supporting us as you do, it means a lot

Transworld Systems Photos