Transworld Systems Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Bernard P. Zeng

Pros
  • Hours were great and they allowed you to work from home if you qualified and had kids (in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits, great employees, lots of opportunities to learn (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You must have at 1-2 years to build the business before you can expect to even make a living at it (in 2 reviews)

• Representative that have been there for a while are told not to tell new reps how much money they make (in 2 reviews)

1. Consultant /Senior Accountant

I have been working at Transworld Systems

Pros

Great Team, supportive staff, great work life balance.

Cons

Was in a positive position. no negative discrepancies to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Processor

Former Employee - Processor in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Processor in Horsham, PA

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was ok working there. The hours were great. People ok too.

Cons

Management was ok too sometimes.

Advice to Management

Looking in the wrong places.

3. Unlimited potential

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time

Pros

Work at your own pace; unlimited income potential; plenty of corporate backing; good managers in Phoenix, AZ

Cons

must be able to completely work on your own; commission basis

Outstanding opportunity, but only if you have money set aside to live on.

Current Employee - Sales in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Transworld Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Lots of support, trainings, motivational dial-in meetings, all designed to encourage you and help you grow your TSI business. Not just fluff, there is meat to these meetings that truly teach you how to do this business by real pros. + Management extremely helpful and very professional. Very fair about helping newbies close deals. + You have complete freedom by your independent contractor status, but there is also a degree of accountability to do your part. Good balance. You are not left alone, but neither are you mico-managed. + The services you sell are truly needed by the verticals you sell to. + True, unlimited income potential. + It is possible to make a lot of money doing this and never leave your office at home.

Cons

- While this is a wonderful opportunity to build a business, TSI should make it abundantly clear to new reps that they need to go into this with 6 months to a year's worth of living expenses saved up to live on while they are building their business. It is possible to 1-call close some deals, but that is not the norm, even when your manager is doing the closing; and unless you stumble into something big, there won't be enough in your pipeline in the early months to keep your bills paid without another primary source of income that can cover all your bills on its own. I went into this thinking that I would start making enough money to pay most or all my bills within a month or two, and that just isn't the case for most people. I expected the average sale would be higher in the beginning, thus making it easier to get started, but that wasn't the case either (though I believe the averages are higher later on). It is very hard to focus on learning all that you need to know in order to work this business on your own when you find yourself unable to meet your monthly living expenses and not having enough money saved up to get your through the rough start.

Advice to Management

This is a wonderful opportunity. But getting started is tough. Make sure new reps understand that level of difficulty and the need to have money set back, or a secondary income that can be lived on while they build their businesses.

Transworld Systems Response

Jul 27, 2015 – Sales Director - Recruiting Lead

Thank you for your review. As you know, we all start from the same point at Transworld. And, you are also aware that there are some people who start off slower than others. There are many reasons for ... More

Educationa;

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities and top notch people working there.

Cons

The lure of selling a system to a really big company, or being a manager with your own office keeps representatives there but without either or those it's impossible to make a decent living. The company tells every new hire they look like great management material, they go through a week of training then go out selling. Office managers have to hold hiring sessions every few months because reps try a few months then realize they can't make enough money and move on.

Advice to Management

People come in there thinking they can support their family--at least give them a fighting chance by offering a low salary plus commission.

Transworld Systems Response

Jul 27, 2015 – Sales Director - Recruiting Lead

Thank you for your review. We at Transworld certainly understand the necessity of making a great living. Those of us in the field all have started at the same position, and we had all of the same ... More

Yuck

Former Employee - Division Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Division Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Transworld Systems

Pros

There is nothing good to say about Transworld and NCO. But because of the minimum requirement I will say that I usually got paid on time and that's about the only positive I can say.

Cons

Everything! Don't make the mistake of ever working for this company I was with Transworld formerly NCO for almost 4 years and it was the worst 4 years of my life! There is nothing good at all to say about it.

Advice to Management

Actually try to create a company wide belief that employees are more than just throw away entities. I have never felt like more than just a number than during my time with NCO and Transworld.

Collections

I worked at Transworld Systems

Pros

This company provides structured training and follow up for agents. Coached on a regular basis to help you understand what you do well and what needs to be improved.

Cons

What was once an entrepreneurial environment has turned into a culture of cost controls . What once made the company unique has turned it into a typical call center employee base where average is the standard and offshoring the employees to control costs. People are not important to this company.........bottom line is it is everyone for themselves because leadership cannot be trusted to have employees backs. Even leadership is about protecting themselves vs. people. There is not trust or integrity. The bosses allowed this company to become a shell of what its values and mission once were.

Advice to Management

Remember what got you where you are-------People and good people. Take a look at your current structure and you will see the destruction that has and continues to take place. The empathy of your employees is long gone and will either take a very long time, if ever, to replace or come back. Leadership is about giving time and energy to the employees so they feel valued , safe , and secure. Employees that feel this way will follow you to victory. Unfortunately that is not the case with this company as nobody feels valued and as a result stress and anxiety fills employees who are only worried about their own personal agenda's vs. going above and beyond to help the company meet their goals. This isn't leadership. You cant grow with a disconnected employee base. Wake up!!.

A bad experience but I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH

I worked at Transworld Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little supervision. Easy to get hired.

Cons

Company is always facing strict budgets and is results driven. Upper management is concerned about their own goals. Employees overall are undervalued and unappreciated. Turnover is high given the industry so management doesn't even try to improve the company culture.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of trying to retain good talent.

Transworld Systems allows you to gain tremendous experience and the opportunity to work hard to be successful.

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Consultant
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Consultant

I have been working at Transworld Systems

Pros

You are your own boss, flexible schedule, high commission rates, bonuses, regional managers who want to help you along.

Cons

Travel and all commission paid

Advice to Management

Provide some more 1-1 training

11. Love everything about this job!

I have been working at Transworld Systems

Pros

Flexible Schedule. Great mentors. Opportunity is limitless!

Cons

Patience and the "big picture" must be in your personality description. Not a quick fix.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

RSS Feed </> Embed