TranzAct Technologies Reviews

Jean Regan

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Junior Programmer Analyst  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Junior Programmer Analyst in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was my first job after graduating from college.. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. All of my co-workers took time to help me learn and show me the ropes of the business. The work was interesting and the company has a great work/life balance.

Cons

I did not encounter any cons with this company or my job.

Keep up the great work-you have no problem employing recent college grads with no experience. Thank you for that.

Stay Away

Current Employee - Audit Analyst  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Analyst in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Celebrate birthdays and have great luncheons. Monthly meetings, updated software, and training.

Cons

As an audit analyst must audit 1,500 invoices per week and is your performance. If you don't audit 1,500 invoices per week, no raise and discussions with management.

More empathy and understanding and realistic goals. Owners need to understand their employees needs, treat them well, and better benefits.

A great place to work for Suburban dwellers

I have been working at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TranzAct is a dynamic company with a lot to offer. They going through numerous expansions at the moment and looks to have a bright future.

Cons

This company is more geared towards 30-50 year old professionals who live in the suburbs. While this may be a "Pro" for 30-50 year olds, for a twenty-something in the city, not so much.

Give your employees regular holidays off, about 4 times a year I find myself resentfully working when no other companies are open.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to learn how not to run a business

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The owners go away in the summer so not much damage is done to the business during that time.

Cons

It was disappointing to see the complete lack of integrity of the owners and management team.

Do not walk run away the world has much better places to hang your hat. Over time the smell will go away... People are an asset not a liability and customers deserve integrity not illusion.

Management is clueless and does not value part-time employees.

Former Employee - Resolution Specialist  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at TranzAct Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

I accepted my part-time position at TranzAct primarily because the hours were flexible so I could continue to work at another part time job. Any port in a storm, right? There are group outings to minor league sporting events and a monthly birthday celebration with cake. When I started there was an annual employee BBQ with hot dogs and chips but that was cut out citing costs (probably the increased costs of the owners' season tickets to every professional Chicago sports team).

Cons

The positive reviews here do not tell the real story. Not only is the timing of these reviews is suspicious, the wording gives it away. I did not know any full time employee (FTE) that loved their job so much to give such glowing praise. Previous reviews seem much more genuine and reflect the work environment I actually experienced: FTEs are generally overworked and not so much challenged as pressured to meet impossible deadlines set by people who aren't responsible for the work. Nepotism runs rampant. The part-time employee's (PTE) experience is another story entirely.

Like other companies, PTEs are paid hourly only for the time worked, without sick-pay, vacation pay, holiday pay, or bonuses. When PTEs complained to HR in a meeting *HR* called to clear the air and allow the PTEs to discuss unfair treatment (unrelated to hours or pay), they were told they should be grateful in this economy that they even have a job and the 10-min break during the 4-hr shift was due to TranzAct's generosity. Yet employees are strong-armed into taking that break and given assigned times. Ironically, the meeting was supposed to be about how the PTEs didn't feel valued, covering things like the denial of benefits that cost the company nothing: email or a network login ID. When your job requires access to the network or you can't take on more responsibilities without having access to email, and you are told repeatedly that "you don't need that" by your manager you have to wonder if they have a good handle on what it is you actually do. The explanation for PTEs not having email is that some people abused it in the past, so now all PTEs are suspect. If this is the attitude of HR, is it such a leap to believe that view is shared by management?

Corporate perks, such as a discount with a certain cell phone carrier, are 'offered' to all employees, but the carrier requires a company email address, thereby making it a benefit only for FTEs. Other perks, like telecommuting, are only offered to the wives or friends of current FTEs who are hired on as PTEs specifically for telecommuting and not posted as a job opening available to all employees. Telecommuters are also not held to the same standards as those who work in the office.

There is no feedback process for a PTE to improve. Training lacks a comprehensive approach, more slapdash than professional and is NOT done by the new employee's manager but rather by whoever is available with no consistency and no manual to work from. One employee was trained by another who started the day before! Job reviews, when done, do not offer any means of measuring progress nor are there goals set for an employee to work toward. Pay raises are arbitrary and for a PTE often non-existent. Some PTEs who have been with the company for years are treated the same as a newcomer with little experience. The general feeling is one of distrust. There is no incentive for the PTE to exert any effort, show any initiative or offer any form of dedication to the company. By not giving a PTE a chance to shine, they will lose anyone with real talent. They have a strict program for tracking how a PTE spends their work day. Any gaps in productivity will be questioned by management, literally, and the PTE must keep a log of every minute spent away from their desk. This elevates the culture of distrust to an uncomfortable level.

There are many more examples I could give of unprofessional behavior across the entire company. Like how HR does not hold disclosures confidential. Or how Jean called a meeting asking for employee feedback, and the one employee who spoke out against the poor training experience and double standards was fired the next day. You aren't allowed to complain and still keep your job. Trust that the majority of reviews are negative and each of them holds a kernel of truth. This is NOT a place you want to be stuck working. If you do business with TranzAct, I question your professional integrity.

Create a training department with a standardized employee training manual. Treat ALL employees with respect. Your success relies on their loyalty. Rewards carry more weight than punitive actions.
    Communicate with ALL employees about the status of company changes. They are terrified they will lose their jobs when you pack up and move the company to Florida.
    Hire a professional management team to run the company. Your emphasis on family and personal interests are guiding the company to ruin.

Good to be under the umbrella of Tranzact as an employee and a customer.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at TranzAct Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a former employee of Tranzact Technologies, I thought the company was terrific. Although my employment was cut short due to family obligations, I enjoyed working for a company that was very focused on customer satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction. The salary was good, the benefits were good and the attitude was good throughout the organization. The many employee motivational "party" events were fun and made for a happy environment and stimulated people to do their best. I worked for the President and CEO and will always remember the generosity to their employees and the community especially over the Christmas Holidays. I presently work for a smaller company and haven't experienced a quarter of the events that keep employees motivated and I really miss that.

Cons

There really weren't any cons. My drive was long but that has no reflection on the company at all.

Engaging place to work

I have been working at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly team environment. Great benefits. Management is open to ideas and/ or constructive critiques from all employees. Lots of perks- parties, outings, raffles, and lunches. Overall office décor makes it a nice place to work everyday.

Cons

Running out of space. Some offices are a bit crowded with cubicles. Possibly rent a few offices on another floor and move non production teams. (ie:sales and marketing)

Integrate an hour a week for teams to meet with managers to discuss their successes and failures during the week. 30 years in business. Unheard of nowadays.

I have worked in the customer service area at Tranzact for several years.

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at TranzAct Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have always been treated very fairly and the company has been flexible in allowing time for personal matters when I need it. I also like that they care about taking care of their customers. I also respected that they did not lay people off 2008 -2009 when the economy affected all employees. I also like the summer hours program.

Cons

Because they care so much about taking care of their customers, there are high expectatoins and accountabillity for following thorugh on tasks and projects.

The company has very low turnover. It would be good if they dealt with people who don't carry their weight.

Evil place to work at

I worked at TranzAct Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING good to say about this hell-hole

Cons

CEO and Wife are horrid people

Get a soul

Great for a college student just starting out, not a good career move.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Elmhurst, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at TranzAct Technologies part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly coworkers, a monthly all-employee birthday celebration with cake, flexible hours that accommodate a school schedule, business casual dress code that includes jeans days, occasional sports ticket raffles and fun outings

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, pay is below market, no benefits, no pay for mandatory federal holidays, management has a general distrust of employees and it shows in their policies

Offer the same perks to part timers that full timers get - paid federal holidays would be a great start.

Worked for TranzAct Technologies? Contribute to the Community!