TravCorp USA Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Brett Tollman

1. An Amazing Journey ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at TravCorp USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Travel Corp offers great opportunities to those who are willing to work hard and strive for success. The company stresses its ability to promote from within and therefore offer legitimate career paths for those interested in a fast paced, dynamic environment that never seems to grow old. Many of its executives started with The Travel Corp at entry or lower levels and have been with the company for many years. Of course the benefits are tremendous, given all the fantastic places The Travel Corp sends its clients. And as employees you, too, are offered substantial travel discounts to be able to experience these same places. It is highly encouraged by senior and middle management for staff to take advantage of such benefits.

Cons

A career in the travel industry means a career that is always evolving. The world can be an unpredictable place sometimes, and various global occurrences provide challenges to a travel company whose mission is to send its clients to far away places. In addition, travel is a luxury product and one of the first to be taken out of personal budgets when the economy sours slightly. Thus there can be an ebb and flow to the business cycle, and if you're not one for evolution, change, etc. but rather the calm and "humdrum" of the same thing day-to-day, the travel industry might not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Staff and Accounting Coordinator in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Staff and Accounting Coordinator in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at TravCorp USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Travel corp overs employees wonderful travel benefits on guided vacations worldwide. The longer you are with the company, the better the perks! TravCorp strives to make high quality travel experiences for people of all ages. IT's so wonderful to be able to stand behind the product and know you are helping people make their travel dreams a reality. It's very rewarding and every day is interesting. TravCorp works closely with TreadRight to help give back to our environment. Our CEO is committed to volunteerism and provides all employees with paid volunteer days! Management is very supportive and tries to ensure a positive working environment. Those who work hard will be rewarded!

Cons

Interview process is a bit long, but it shows the company is dedicated to finding high quality employees.

3. President

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at TravCorp USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Travel is a great industry to be involved in, and TravCorp USA with its broad set of brands is a leader in every sense. The tagline of "driven by service" is one I believe the company lives everyday.

Cons

TravCorp USA works in a volatile industry, when business is good it is good and when it is bad it is bad. I suspect all travel companies have to live with this imbalance.

5. Great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at TravCorp USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very welcoming to new employees. There are lots of opportunities to transfer from one brand or department to another. They have great travel benefits and you get a bigger discount the longer you are there on trips all over the world. My supervisor is supportive and caring. The company even has volunteer days where you get paid to volunteer to help the community. It's fun to work for a company where the product you are selling are trips of a lifetime.

Cons

The interview process can be long but hang in there because it is worth it!

Welcome Back To High School

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Anaheim, CA

I worked at TravCorp USA

Pros

Travel benefits are nice. And uhhh hmm tought questions, im pretty sure I have nothing else so that is about it.

Cons

It is all about who can kiss the managements rears the most. They dont care about sales numbers or performance, it is simply about who is closer to the management and those in charge, nothing else matters there.

Advice to Management

Clean house, stop making this out to be a high school, you guys are a travel company, why dont you actually focus on reward those who keep your business running mmkay?

Awful

I worked at TravCorp USA

Pros

many of the people there are nice.

Cons

When I got laid off, I was given no advance notice even though the decision to let me go was made weeks or possibly months in advance. I know this because a new person was hired into my group when my boss knew he could not afford to keep all of us there. I got laid off less than two months after this new person was hired. My boss didn't even have the decency to tell me of what was going to happen to me in advance so that I could look for a job in the meantime. That bothered me way more that the layoff itself. While I was there I had no chance of a promotion and felt like I was in a dead-end job.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Be honest with them. Give people a legitimate chance to advance in the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed