Travel Impressions

2.9

Tim Mullen

Good Company

I worked at Travel Impressions full-time

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with

Cons

Lots of changes to handle

Amazing . . . and Unfortunate

Former Employee - Groups in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Groups in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Travel Impressions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful. My managers and coworkers were great people.

Cons

Someone crapped on the floor of the women's bathroom. I am not kidding. An adult woman actually defecated on the floor. Passive aggression?

Is there a way to better reward the employees? I feel like many of my colleagues seemed so downtrodden; there are little benefits, even when they sacrifice for the company (like working several Friday nights without any recompense). I think most there felt like their work was unappreciated.

Disaster

Current Employee - Ecommerce in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Ecommerce in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Travel Impressions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Nothing more that I can think of.

Cons

Where do I begin! The whole company is poorly ran! Extremely disorganized, no communication, they treat employees like crap, the pay is horrible, they stop paying you when your shift ends even if you are stuck on a call an hour after your shift ends! Management is either lazy or just doesnt care or perhaps both! Too much dead weight and excuses. Good luck if you think you are going to take advantage of travel benefits!

The entire management team needs to be overhauled and start from scratch! Emphasize on your customers! Value your front line employees who talk to your customers daily and bring in money! Pay us a fair decent wage, act like you are a team! Communicate with employees.

In Transition Since Acquisition

Former Employee - Senior Director in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Travel Impressions (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly and supportive culture, great work-life balance, great benefits

Cons

Radically changed since acquisition by ALG in June 2013

Not sure how to manage time...otherwise good!

Current Employee - E-Commerce Help Desk
    Current Employee - E-Commerce Help Desk

I have been working at Travel Impressions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The training was very well done, I felt confident in my abilities upon being put out to work on the phones. But with so many scenarios you can never be fully prepared for everything. The training was done well enough to cover simple situations that we run into every day. With every new experience you gain more knowledge and are better equipped to handle the situation. The pay is decent not the best, but not the worst either and there are opportunities for incentive as well as amazing travel deals for the staff. Within my first year in the position I was sent to Mexico for a familiarization trip! Make sure you have your passport!

The coworkers are great, it was easy to make friends and feel comfortable after all you do spend 40 hours a week with them. I don't feel like there is any animosity at all. I came into the company at a rough time during a large transition that was going on between TI and Apple vacations and stuck it out while some things haven't been up to par for the most part I'm happy with the job and would love to advance to another position.

Cons

I feel that there were a lot of things that just went totally wrong with the acquisition to being part of ALG (Apple Leisure Group) as we went in to it all. Our vacation bids were not completed until May....May....no one was certain of how many sick days we had or how everything was going to shake down especially with the awful winter we had.

Not knowing how to plan your evening is the worst...if you prefer to have a second job to support yourself further don't bother...you never will know when you will be getting out..if you are scheduled out of work at 5:00 they make you stay on the phone available until 4:59 and if you get a call in that minute usually you can get stuck up to an hour or two after you shift and it's really awful. This is my only main complaint ...don't bother making plans that are definite!

Benefits have been awful so far...worst insurance I've ever had at a job.

New ownership has ruined a good company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Farmingdale, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Travel Impressions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are really friendly people.

Cons

New ownership has completely ruined company. Entire workforce lives in fear of layoffs and paycuts. Everyone is trying to get out. Pay is also very low.

Great Co-Workers…Ok Company

I worked at Travel Impressions full-time

Pros

Great Co-Workers, Nice Office, Ok home to life balance.

Cons

TI does not value their employees. They say they do but the overall consensus is they don't.
    The pay is HORRIBLE. I mean come on we live in NY and barely make any money for a lot of hard work. Once they began the layoffs everyone was piled with work with no compensation. Managers are constantly changing very unstable.

Pay your employees more. Value their time and effort for your company.

A soon to be former brand under Apple Leisure Group

Former Employee - Vice President in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Travel Impressions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the employees are wonderful people. They mostly occupy the lower third of the constantly change org chart.

Cons

Everything else. Everyone knew about the ALG buyout in March 2013 when they announced it, so that other review is pure crap. The buyout occurred on July 1st, 3 months later. Steve Gorga left on June 30th. His replacement, John Hanratty, left October 9th with no notice. What does that tell you? The Mullen brothers *appointed* the VPs in the new org. None of them could get the jobs if it was competative, and they were hoping to get the best of TI to work for them. No one wanted to apply for the director positions under them, from either apple vacations or TI. The best developers, graphic artists, content people, and managers are already gone. By mid-June of 2014 Travel Impressions will be no more. They're screwed at the VP level and they know it. They should have listened to more than just former CIO Mauricio when they had the chance. Of course, Mauricio was offered a job under those VPs and then promptly said no and quit the next day.

Oh, and having one of the VPs who uses too much grecian formula tell us that we can't regularly work from home any more? We work there to support our lives outside of the office not the other way around!

Cash out while you still can. You already let the brains of the organization walk out the door, and you cannot possibly consider conducting business as usual with what's left.

Amazing

I have been working at Travel Impressions

Pros

It is a great place to work

Cons

Not many that I can think of

Amazingly Awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Travel Impressions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only thing that keeps people there is that the most of the staff (not management) are truly great people that got stuck there and can't find a way out.

There are employees that have great ideas, passion & drive to be the best version of themselves and all of that is crushed by false promises, poor attitude and mismanagement.

Cons

The lack of vision, blasé attitude towards how they treat employees, and the blatant waste of money are just few of the reasons I would say never to work there.

They consider a benefit of working there that they supply "filtered water" & "Bereavement Flowers" (not joking)

They believe the best course of action is to keep adding 6 figure "executives" and "consultants" while condescendingly calling the people who do all the work & are barely getting by* "amazing".

They allow those said "executives" to constantly work from home while everyone else has to put in extra hours in the office.

I fully understand executives have the right to do what they want, but they should also lead by example.

*plus the pay is horrible even for long island standards

Apple has cut the staff but still leave the Farmingdale office open. Please release those employees from their daily misery, so they can start a real life and enjoy work again.

Be "Amazing" Apple for the sake of the TI employees