Travel Solutions

3.5

Tammy R. Troilo-Krings

Fun place to work

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed work environment and has a great work/life balance.

Cons

Lacks good benefits and compensation in most positions.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is one of the best Travel Management Company options for any size business due to their customized travel program capabilities. Operations is highly respected and supported.

Cons

None to list at this time

Great people working for an innovative, service focused company

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teamwork and cooperation at all levels of the organization
    Very friendly and supportive atmosphere
    Service-oriented in all departments
    Continually seeks to improve and provide more value to the customer
    Very comfortable and quality environment with amenities

Cons

A bit stressful at times with multiple deadlines and changing priorities

Keep doing what you're doing -- growing the company and expanding the opportunities

Friendly, collaborative culture, principaled leadership, modern office facility, average pay and benefits

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Relaxed office atmosphere, helpful colleagues
    - Ethical work standards and strong client relationships
    - Schedule flexibility for many roles, lots of agents work from home
    - Clean, modern office building with amenities

Prior to going to work for TS24, my previous work experience had made me unhappy and cynical. I was shocked by excessive dysfunction and inefficiency (and even some duplicity!) in the policies and practices of two large, international companies, and I was discouraged because workers with good ideas and high standards were ignored or even stifled when they called attention to bad practices or tried to incite reform or improve processes and client relationships. I dreaded going to work, and I left each day feeling as though a little bit of my inner joy and personality had died. I was disillusioned with corporate America and wanted out.

When I came to TS24, I took a sizeable pay cut in order to get out of my last position, but don’t regret the decision. The company culture at TS24 has been a breath of fresh air. TS24 makes a lot of efforts to recruit and retain good people. The office ambiance is upbeat, comfortable, and cooperative. The relationship with clients is collaborative (my last company was downright hostile with clients once a contract had been signed). The CEO and management at TS24 are present and accessible, not removed from the "little people" like in many companies. The restrooms are always clean (The restrooms in my last office building were repulsive). It may seem like a minor detail, but little things can make a difference, and the office facility is very nice and clean and offers many amenities. I genuinely find TS24 to be a pleasant place to work, and I believe they care about their employees. Those qualities are difficult to find, and are essential to simple, day-to-day happiness.

Cons

Most people work because we have to, not because we want to, so it's very easy to complain. However, I don't have anything to complain about at TS24 because I am still recovering from a truly unpleasant job and work environment in the past, and I am still appreciating all that is different about TS24.

Good job!

Great atmosphere and people. Wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Travel Solutions full-time

Pros

Innovative leadership
    Employee empowerment
    Professional and friendly atmosphere
    Supportive teammates
    Employee value
    Client focused and service driven
    Great office environment/facilities and meeting space
    Technology focused

Cons

Lack of structure at time, but improving
    Training can be minimal in some areas
    Some small growing pains

Continue to establish greater structure throughout the company, and develop a clear track for employee growth and development with regards to training.

Military friendly workplace

I have been working at Travel Solutions

Pros

TS24 actively recruits military veterans. TS24 indirectly supports veteran functions and charities and understand the transition from military to civilian. Other pros include a flexible work schedule, dog friendly workplace, and casual dress.

Cons

Stressful, high tempo, middle management is not present in all departments, benefits

Excellent company

Former Employee - customer coach in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - customer coach in New Albany, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with flexible schedules and good pay. The people are talented and fun to work with. The culture is a 3 musketeers type thing of we're all responsible for each other so team work is encouraged. Quality work and loyalty are rewarded. Executive leadership is supportive. The owners are the best people I've ever worked for. Privately owned.

Cons

I left only to spend more time raising my family. If I had to work again I would go back. I still have friends & contacts there. My team leader was the best!

Keep doing what you're doing.

Toxic

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office is fairly new with modern furnishings and nice meeting space.

Cons

This is by far the worst company I've ever worked for........its TOXIC!!!! There is a lack of leadership throughout the organization and everyone is overworked and highly underpaid which is one of the reasons for the excessive turnover. The owners have very little respect for their employees and had not given reviews or salary increases in over 8 years! The benefits are minimal and the health care is the worst I've ever had.

Quit spending so lavishly on yourselves and try investing in your employees.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time

Pros

The are accepting of a dog in the office on occassions.

Cons

Very high turn over. Lack of raises, lack of reviews, poor business practices. Little respect for employees and unwillingness to listen to team members and new ideas. Growth opportunities are not open to staff, they are announced that someone received a promotion and no one knows why. Benefits are terrible and have high premiums with high deductibles.

Provide stronger benefits, offer staff travel incentives, and provide yearly raises, not continous pay freezes. Respect your employees in all stations, they are your foundation.

Worst Job Travel Job Experience

Former Employee - Travel Coach in New Albany, OH
    Former Employee - Travel Coach in New Albany, OH

I worked at Travel Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a few new job skills.

Cons

Where to begin. The pay is probably the worst in the industry. Seasoned agents are making less than those who work at the airport and have way more experience. You get put in a box with no way of progressing in your career. Domestic agents don't get additional training for other departments. Important accounts lost and new accounts rarely acquired.

During the down turn of the economy Travel Solutions laid off almost 50% of its agents and the remaining employees didn't receive a raise for over 4 years. Obviously very poor business practices.

The employees are the bread and butter of the company and you would not be able to exist without them. When there are so many travel management companies that treat their employees like gold, agents will decide to go elsewhere.

Being down to earth and relatable was not the owners strength and morale suffered.

Travel Solutions Photos