TravelCenters of America

TravelCenters of America Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

TravelCenters of America President, CEO, and Managing Director Thomas M. O'Brien

Thomas M. O'Brien

Home office

Finance - Accounting (Current Employee) Westlake, OH

ProsSomewhat flexible hours. Medical benefits were good.

ConsNo program in place to identify or promote talent from within. Management would rather hire outside to fit a roll than to advance the career of those already in house. Too many strong intelligent workers have been stuck in the same position for years because management is blind to the talent right in front of their eyes. 2% annual bonus every year. The bonus is not performance based.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say that your employees are your greatest asset - however your actions speak louder than your words. On the corporate level alone you have lost a lot of incredible talent either to other companies, or by strong employees not performing up to their potential because they are dissatisfied with their position and have no incentive to achieve.

Not too bad to work here

Lead (Former Employee)

ProsLots of good people work here but I think they need to screen their management requirements or perhaps check them out better.

ConsYou don't always get the shift you need or prefer

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring or promoting management according to youth or who you like, rather hire them according to their work ethics and abilities. Some are fantastic while others are taking up space.

Above Average

Cashier (Former Employee) Commerce, GA

ProsFriendly customers and truck drivers.

ConsLack of support from GM and other managers. Also, Lazy Co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the people who actually work hard for you and enjoy their job instead of having your pets and promoting those who do not qualify for the position they are assigned.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

times have changed

Prosgreat health benefits, paid vacation and holiday. experience in all areas

ConsI wrote a review on here a few years back, it was good. since then the company has changed. managers and hourly workers are literally working themselves sick. the pressure to perform is insane. company loyalty and moral is at an all time low.

Advice to Senior Managementit is sad to see so many good people find employment elsewhere. this use to be a wonderful company to work for. what happened!? focus more on your employees, or you will lose them.

Disorganized and unprofessional management

Server At Country Pride (Current Employee) Richmond Hill, GA

ProsThere is room for growth and there are many repeat customers so a professional relationship can grow

ConsManagement was very unprofessional and brought personal issues to their job

Advice to Senior ManagementA closer observation on upper management would solve many issues

Upper management=Epic Fail

Store Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSteady paycheck. They offer limited benefits and do not match your 401k.

ConsWill not let you hire the manpower to run the store. Worked 80-90 hours a week. Entry employees are only hired at part time, and part time to this company means 29 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot going to waste my time. Won't listen anyways.

Low Salary For Working Like a Dog

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Greencastle, PA

Prosmeet a wide variety of people
    Gas discount

Conslong hours, or not enough hours (depending on department), low pay

Roadsquad is the worst part of TA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westlake, OH

ProsBenefits are decent, Tuition reimbursement is good, coworkers are friendly

ConsThey dont match 401k, pay is below average especially the Roadsquad department. The roadsquad department is ran from the HQ in Westlake, OH. If you get a call for an interview, my advice is to keep looking. The department is 24/7 365 days a year. It is way understaffed and you answer phones all day long with no breaks or lunches. As soon as u hang up the phone, it rings again and u must answer. You are monitored in every aspect imaginable and its impossible to live up to the expectations. Bathroom breaks are scrutinized, leads and managers constantly look for ways that u are not working hard enough. You dont get to participate in company events because the department is so understaffed - you dont even feel like your part of the company. The turnover is so high and apparently thats ok since nothing is ever done to fix it. Many people just walk off the job. It is that bad and worse. It feels like the department is not monitored by any executive managers since so many things are wrong with the department. OSHA standards are definitely not met by not allowing employees to use the restroom and not allowing breaks. Employees at the roadsquad take anywhere from 70-100 calls a day. There are so many things you have to remember with 1000s of different companies it is almost laughable. Morale is extremely low and its been this way for a long time. I can go on and on but I hope this makes my point. Stay away from this department.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about looking into the high turnover rate? Im sure your shareholders would like the company to cut out wasted spending in the highest turnover rate at a company Ive ever seen.

Not the same place it was before.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people and the comradely.

ConsWent from a caring, employee oriented company that concentrated on the bottom line while respecting and treating employees well to a company that only is interested in the bottom line. Employees were not considered the most important asset of the company any longer. All the compensation is at the top, over paid, and not willing to share fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect and listen to your employees. Turn around and look what you have done and correct it. Your retail establishments are suffering, and it is not a friendly place to visit because your employees are looking for other jobs.

Disappointing, had a sever lack of respect

QSR Employee (Current Employee) Morris, IL

Pros401K plan was okay. That was really the only thing good about my experience with this company.

ConsMade us pay for meals, limited hours, took away any raises. They also did not respect their workers, we were constantly yelled at on every visit and had no job security.

Worked for TravelCenters of America? Contribute to the Community!