TravelClick

Updated February 13, 2015
2.6

TravelClick CEO Larry Kutscher
Larry Kutscher

Pros
  • Work from home 2 days a week in Houston office and 1 day a week in Chicago (in 5 reviews)

• The best part of working here is getting to know to know the people that work there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance for anyone who is not on the senior management team (in 15 reviews)

• No work/life balance, expect to be called at all hours, every day, with no regard or consideration (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Be careful

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people there are friendly and somewhat a good work-life balance.

Cons

If they offer you a 6 month contract to hire job, don't believe them. They will delay bringing you to a full time position. Also, there is really no chance of moving up within the company. Also there is no flex time if you work late, and there is a lack of communication within the company. Also they will hire you to do one thing and you will end up doing another.

Better opportunities to grow within the company and at least some flex time.

Not all is perfect but when is it ever

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at TravelClick since I have a high degree of freedom and autonomy, but I work remotely so it may not be the same for people in an office environment.

Cons

TravelClick is undoubtedly a leader in our space, but we have a lot of legacy issues to contend with. We often try to be everything to everyone instead of focusing on specific segments/clients and that causes problems. Leadership can be spotty sometimes and it is harder to get the attention of Senior Leadership than it should be. The CEO is intelligent and typically makes smart decisions, but is not very good about communicating the why and how, which leads to a poor perception. He is also not very charismatic, which makes things worse.

OM

Former Employee - Order Management Specialist
    Former Employee - Order Management Specialist

I worked at TravelClick

Pros

People were generally nice (double edged sword)
    Great working hours
    Good team leader and co-worker

Cons

Upper management won't really take in account each person.
    There's always an exception (even when they say there isn't).
    some DOSs don't care to learn or be helpful
    If you find an issue they belittle you until they themselves run into the same issue 2 weeks later

Can use a little more structure

I have been working at TravelClick

Pros

Great people, growth, company expansion. Exposure to new technologies

Cons

Work to life balance is not the best, lots of pressure to make sure things are done fast with little people

Review all positions and get more people where needed. Many teams struggle due to lack of resources

Good Company but Needs Guidance

Former Employee - Director of Sales
    Former Employee - Director of Sales

I worked at TravelClick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

TravelClick offers very competitive pay and good benefits. If you want to learn, this is definitely a place to be. Like any company, there were stressful times, but overall it is a very good company with lots of potential. TravelClick will do well and continue to be a leader in the industry.

Cons

This is a technology company serving the hospitality industry with few hospitality professionals in senior roles. You need to understand your client, not just sell to them. Frequent organization changes were disruptive and the recent sale to a private equity firm for a large sum increased pressure substantially.

Hire more "hotel people" who can relate to your clients and increase your credibility in the industry.

Good Company But Be Prepared For Change and To Work Hard

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Culture in certain offices and the people who work here. I think most of us appreciate each other and the hard work we all do. I hear the benefits are good (I'm on my spouse's plan). I've had the opportunity to work on multiple projects and products simply because I expressed an interest in learning and doing more.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge. The "pay for performance" culture can be somewhat unfair to folks who aren't on commission, eligible for bonus or have jobs that directly result in generating revenue.

Try to be more aware of the value of the contributions that the folks who SUPPORT the folks who sell and generate revenue do. Without us, things would not run smoothly and the revenue would dry up.

Sales Mill

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at TravelClick

Pros

Immediate insurance. Free coffee.

Cons

Insufficient training. Runaway sales goals. Inside sales department treated like a red headed stepchild compared to outside sales.

Balance rules of engagement and focus on keeping talent, rather than allowing a revolving door.

Has it's ups and downs

Current Employee - Digital Producer
    Current Employee - Digital Producer

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and for the most party the people are nice.

Cons

Not a huge fan of the way this company is run. Often are the times when the company learns something, forgets it, and then has to relearn it all over again. It is very painful and frustrating. Not to mention the company culture here is toxic.. Its a top down kind of thing. People high up are pressured to make numbers and you can see how it trickles down. Very sad to see how some of my fellow co-workers are treated.

Eliminate turn over by increasing work life balance please!

SEO Analyst

Current Employee - Web Solutions in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Web Solutions in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TravelClick

Pros

training, management, office culture, great synergy between the teams

Cons

There are no cons so far. Everyone has been very helpful

Extremely smart and hard-working people. A bit of a tough culture.

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I worked at TravelClick full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the best and smartest leaders you'll ever get to know work at TravelClick. A lot of former execs from American Express and corp america. Guaranteed that you'll work harder and learn more than you ever have in a prior job. Compensation is very much pay-for-performance, so it can be strong depending on where you end up. A lot of opportunity at TravelClick for growth especially since they were recently sold to another PE company.

Cons

Culture is tough. And the people here work very hard. This may drive some people away. Especially when the startup culture and work-life balance is becoming more important than ever and is key in attracting and retaining talent.

Promote a positive environment and culture. But start it from the top.