TravelClick Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
2.3

TravelClick CEO Larry Kutscher
Larry Kutscher

Pros
  • Work from home 2 days a week in Houston office and 1 day a week in Chicago (in 7 reviews)

• The best part of working here is getting to know to know the people that work there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance for anyone who is not on the senior management team (in 14 reviews)

• No work/life balance, expect to be called at all hours, every day, with no regard or consideration (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

TravelClick has grown 300% in the past three years, and even with that rapid growth it was exciting.

I worked at TravelClick full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is as transparent a company as you will get. from the CEO on down everyone knows what is going on.

Cons

Having said that, there is a new Ownership at TravelClick and as soon as they took over, they eliminated 120+ positions. Not sure how the new ownership group will handle the company...

TravelClick has grown to be the Global leader in the cloud based revenue generating solutions in the Hospitality Industry because of its people and what they represent to their clients. Please don't change that chemistry.

Unhappy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time

Pros

Best part of working there are the people that work there.

Cons

Over worked and under paid. If you are not a manager, you have no "extras". You cannot look forward to an increase. As their increases are only 2%.

Poorly run operation. Employees are expected to give quick, half-assed answers without enough research time expended.

Current Employee - Unknown in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Unknown in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at TravelClick as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Chance to learn a little bit of the worldwide hotel rental environment.

Cons

Extremely poor training. No continued training. Management and other employees treat contractors and new hires with arrogance and disrespect. Feels like you are an outsider.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Pay attention to your contractors and new hires. Give them all the tools they need to succeed.

Rotting out from the inside.

I have been working at TravelClick full-time

Pros

No consequences. You can be as inept, archaic, or lazy as you want and there's little to no repercussions.

Cons

No respect, no leadership from the leadership team, CEO who is completely short-term profit driven has failed to invest properly in infrastructure while growing sales at astronomical levels for years on end. 120% turnover in infrastructure group in less than 6 months. No work/life balance, expect to be called at all hours, every day, with no regard or consideration. Expect to find out about planned outages and that you are a key component 5 minutes before the event. Expect to attempt the same outage multiple times because testing and QA is not in the lexicon, not that there is a lexicon, that would be the non-existent documentation

Understand that a Software as a Service company requires Software to sell, AND infrastructure to provide the Service.

All my coworkers and management were the best

I have been working at TravelClick full-time

Pros

Most of my experience came from my six yeas there.

Cons

Low Pay no room for advancement.

Burnout City

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlike some of my colleagues, I get paid a decent wage
    Great co-workers

Cons

No work/life balance
    Complete disrespect from upper management
    Unreasonable expectations
    Outsourcing nearly all of technology
    All technology decisions are made in an upper management vacuum, no room for input
    Employees treated as drunken slave monkeys that can be easily replaced
    New ruthless VC owners only care about making a quick buck

Your employees aren't morons. Stop treating them as such.

RUIN YOUR CAREER - JOIN TRAVELCLICK

Former Employee - Director of Sales
    Former Employee - Director of Sales

I worked at TravelClick as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Accept few intelligence reports, travelclick really does not have any thing to boast about. Which are also apparently loosing market. One just get to meet hotel people, which also on decline now.

Cons

TravelClick is not at all great company to work for. It is only for the benefit for few. only they seem to grow both in position and cash. Rest all just are asked to sell company weak products. Reservation system is the worst in the industry. No one wants it, travelclick just sells it by using its access to GDS or bundling free reports, which no one buys anymore.
    Career growth is a big NO. No matter how much sale one achieves, they will keep pushing you and that without any benefits. Management is filled with bunch of rude people. Who think they are gods gift to mankind. They dont want to listen to ground reality just want people to sell. Just be ready to take commission, not medical, not other benefits and no respect. If you work for long here, then forget getting a decent job in hospitality. You will be ruined and no looks at you will respect. They have a lot of enemies in the industry, due to their arrogance, hence no one wants to hire people from travelclick. Very few of the seasoned staff is left with them.
    Also they believe a lot in revenge. Once you leave them forget about getting good reference, not matter how nicely you left. They will try best possible you do not get a job

Humility towards employees, who help you grow. Invest in your teams. Let your arrogant senior management go. There are power centers and politics in your company never seen before. It is gone to lowest level.

Technology company that is well recognized within the hospitality industry.

I worked at TravelClick

Pros

International company that offers opportunity for advancement, must be willing to stay connected 24/7, good benefits, and competitive salaries. Business Intelligence products offer viable solutions for hoteliers to understand market conditions and revenue growth opportunities.

Cons

Focus seemed to be more on advancement of senior management instead of imporving products and customer service. Reputation within the hospitality industry continues to decline year over year.

Focus on innovative technology that will keep up with the constant changes within the hospitality industry.

Fast Paced little recognition

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The environment is constantly moving, the perception would appear that 5 minutes after you sit at your desk, you look up and the day is over. The most positive part is working with generally good people that respect their job, equipment and people they interact with.

Cons

Solutions for problems are not recognized as achievements, You tend to get push back from management trying get tasks assigned to you complete. You are forced to cut corners in order to keep up with metrics so many jobs are half done and would need to be revisited. There is no program for formal training of employees looking to become more proficient using new technology. I think a lot that I have seen has been penny wise and dollar stupid.

There is quite a bit of concern for spending and not enough regard for value. In other words, individuals can be more productive when provided the correct tools, they have projects that suffer when they can't provide their projects on time due to hardware failure, or under performing equipment. I don't believe all individuals need the top of the line, but they do need to perform.

Not a bad company to work for, senior leadership are flat out not good people though.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at TravelClick full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really learned a lot about the hospitality industry and different marketing and revenue boosting techniques. Managing relationships with the hotels was a great experience and prepared me very well for my current position with another company. Meet a lot of cool people and during downtime I laughed like I was back in college.

Cons

Senior leadership are a bunch of liars. Constantly in a state of "organizational changes". My position changed several times while with the company as well as my supervisor. They rarely promote from within and many of the managers are pompous but I'm not sure why because half the time they know less than you. There are some really socially awkward people there, like seriously awkward... Like I can't really express through words how awkward. The job will essentially be a sales job down the line. They are constantly looking for ways to screw you out of your bonus. And they lay people off who perform great for no good reason and keep people who are underperforming because they are cooler with managers. Other departments are much more cohesive.

Reward performance not brown nosing.