TravelClick

Updated September 12, 2014
2.3

TravelClick CEO Larry Kutscher
Larry Kutscher

Pros
  • Work from home 2 days a week in Houston office and 1 day a week in Chicago (in 7 reviews)

• I work with great people and we are all passionate about our positions (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance for anyone who is not on the senior management team (in 11 reviews)

• No work-life balance whatsoever (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company but DON'T WORK FOR VOICE PRO DEPARTMENT

Current Employee - Voice Pro Agent  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Voice Pro Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has extremely good benefits hands down.

Cons

Voice pro department doesn't give u any breaks and they over work you. U have no life because u work different hours and days every week

The company itself is good but I made a big mistake by going to Voice Pro . Y couldn't someone warn me b4 I accepted this position. The voice Pro department really makes the company look bad. But I know the company itself is good. I think it would be a lot better if they get rid of the manager and hire someone that has previous experience in call center management. Not a clueless ,empty headed, birdbrained duck.This job is basically like an experiment for her. Little do they know this department turnover rate will soon reach the sky.For the manager, you know who you are. PLEASE find another career path. Go manage a bakery or something more simple. This isn't for you at all!!!!! And please do not go run home and CRY.

so-so. great people. Not a bad company at all. just not amazing

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company with amazing coworkers. Work from home 2 days a week in Houston office and 1 day a week in Chicago.

Cons

Moved jobs to Orlando and let good people, with great experience go. Rush out products to drive revenue. Even though these products need more UI testing. All about CEO's goal to double company.

Listen to your teams when they let you know a product isn't working well

Great Company, Great Products, Great Team - Lacking True Leadership

Current Employee - Director Level  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Director Level in Orlando, FL

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TravelClick offers amazing solutions for the hotel industry and it is rewarding to help hotels. There are also some amazing "worker bees" at TravelClick that make the job tolerable. The benefit package is also top tier, especially for the hospitality and call center world.

Cons

The biggest challenge with this organization is that they continually put unqualified "pets" into management. These individuals generally have zero experience in the hotel business (the target customer), have zero experience in their area of responsibility, and have no idea what their team members do. Quality of work output from the "field marketing" team is dismal at best and filled with errors. When you are given work to do, you first have to check and make sure what the "experts" in NYC have given you is correct before you can start to do your job. This is a classic example of people being in jobs because they know someone, not because they are qualified. For example, why would you put someone in charge of "sales strategy" that has no experience in sales strategy.

My advice to management (notice I didn't use the word leadership) is to remember that you serve the team, they don't serve you. Without them, you can not do your job. The drumbeat of communication (verbal and written) with a message of "do this because I said so" is not sustainable. Want to effect change? Then INSPIRE the team to want to do it. Show how it will help them and and then make sure it really does. Also, having SOME experience in what your team does would be beneficial in you having credibility with your team and them respecting you. Lastly, the Director and VP level team members (not all, but MOST) need to learn to LIVE the VALUES. The company has some amazing values and I truly believe that the CEO and SVP/EVP level support them but it is not filtering down to the Directors and VPs. Countless examples of the values not being lived (including Integrity) can be seen on a weekly basis. Sadly, for me, the damage is done and I have begun my job search. I just can't take it any more and don't feel that if I go to my EVP, that he will do anything.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Media Manager

Former Employee - Media Manager  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Media Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work with great people and we are all passionate about our positions

Cons

Not as much potential for upward mobility

Great company atmosphere

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Laid back office, self starting, no micromanaging, flexible, understanding supervisors, great team players

Cons

Training on new products terrible, NOC was terrible

All departments need to work together.

Profit is the override company value

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The buildings are heated in the winter and cooled in the summer. Depending on your location, you can dress casually.

Cons

The owners and senior management have purchased TravelClick to flip the business. They're not attempting to build a company or provide value to their customers. The bottom line is profit. Employees and customers are treated badly. While senior management likes to tout their corporate values, they believe they are exempt.

You've tried to sell the company and failed. Try again. Free your employees to build products and provide value to your customers. You've inflicted quite a bit of damage but maybe another management team can rebuild.

Fun and Experiential

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment for within the Account Management department is phenomenal! There's great synergy and your provided great tools and solutions to nurture the clients within your portfolio.

Cons

The only con I would say is some of the campaigns that are implemented don't seem to be too effective, and can appear irrelevant to some of the employees.

Continue to listen to your employees and keep the open door policy.

Run

I worked at TravelClick full-time

Pros

They provide free coffee and pens for your cube.

Cons

People are very unhappy and the work environment is toxic.

Hire manager who know how to manage.

NOC Engineer

Former Employee - NOC Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - NOC Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to problem solve, use unix and sql scripts.

Cons

Loved being there, no cons.

Great time!

An Exciting Challenge

I have been working at TravelClick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual Attire, fun, lots of employee events

Cons

Not enough experienced management where needed

Since it is such a fast growing company employees should understand some bumps along the way, growing pains. Look and listen to what the past and current employees are saying in the office and in the media, you can learn from that to make it better for all who are employed! Thanks

Worked for TravelClick? Contribute to the Community!