TravelNet Solutions

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Bailey, Jr.

Great job to get experience in the workforce.

ProsGreat job to get experience, nice people to work with. Good medical and dental benefits.

ConsCompanies communication and compensation. They take on too many projects at once, and need to focus on solving one thing at a time.

Open access to be successful

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThe experience thus far has been challenging and rewarding. There has been a major transition by management and leadership. I can honestly say that 90% of the time I truly look forward to coming into work. Everyone that currently works at this company is of good, sound character. It is a place where if you follow your guard rails you will be successful. The greater the effort, the greater the return (both financially and mentally).

I believe strongly in what we do for the companies we work with. As long as you understand your role as both a sales person along with the responsibility of managing your accounts, your partners will prosper along with you.

The culture has been phenomenal from my standpoint and I have forged several great relationships. If you're willing to humble yourself, you have plenty to gain from this company.

ConsHaving managed over 50 employees myself I saw a slight flaw in the way motivation was delivered on my arrival. Employees of any organization want to be heard and feel that they own a piece of the pie. However, this has changed and is continuing in great direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with current incentives and continue to build the company in the direction it is going. Everyone that is on the team is looking toward the future, and we are all excited to see what's next.

Awesome Workplace and Great Opportunity!

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsI have worked at TravelNet Solutions for over a year now. I came in with very little sales experience and have become so knowledgeable in sales and the overall digital market place. The training here is top notch and some of the best you will find. Management is very innovative, knowledgeable and helpful! I have managed to build up a portfolio within my first year and the sky is the limit both personally and professionally! The environment here is one of the most fun and upbeat you will find! The door is always open with the executive team and help and guidance is constantly provided from them to help you succeed. Also, the tools here are abundant to help you be successful in sales no matter what your experience level is. Not many companies will take care of you like they do here at TravelNet Solutions. The future is bright for the company!

ConsIt is definitely challenging at times and takes hard work and dedication. Management is definitely helpful but they will push you hard and hold you accountable to hit goals. (Which is more positive then negative I Guess) - If you don't have high energy, can't take criticism, or do not have a good work ethic, you will not make it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating and pushing your employees to be great. Provide opportunities to allow employees to keep growing in their career.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Prison of Egos

Sales (Former Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsFull cycle sales experience for entry level and free lunch on Mondays. Fellow sales executives and content writers are good people.

ConsHave you ever been told of the American Dream and then find out that when reality hits that you are in prison, that's what this feels like.

Let's start with "training." I compare this training to what it would feel like to be in military book camp but without the respect for your superiors factor. Trainings are actually 1-2 hour long sessions of berating and coercion into attempting to mold you into a mindless robot. Don't come to the table with questions, because then that would force the "trainer" into critical thinking process that would just frustrate them and force them into making you feel stupid because you aren't following a system that doesn't allow you to think for yourself. The fact that they are constantly telling you that you are receiving the best training is a red flag for the lack of innovation in these "training" sessions that you are undergoing. Lack of structure, repetitive lecture and belittling is to be expected.

The overall sales structure lacks common sense. Quotas are unrealistic and if you actually do the math with what the expectations are, it does not add up. Even the top sales reps do not hit their actual quotas, which leads to poor morale with an already poor sales environment. Overall sales direction will change on daily basis so expect getting yelled for being told what to do the day before. The overall lack of respect that is displayed to the employees is appalling. Engaging in a conversation with top level management will be you being told what to do and when feedback is asked for, suddenly the cell phone will garner more attention or respect than your own opinion. The fear that I have is that there are some employees that are believing that this is the right management style, but in all actuality it’s more likely attributed to Stockholm Syndrome.

You will be preached here that money is not everything in a career and I can tell you that it’s definitely not even close to enough to be sticking around to see what lies further down the road. If you don’t mind being turned into a mindless robot, then go right ahead otherwise look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and like an equal human being even if you pay them.

Yelling and making people feel stupid is not motivation, Negative reinforcement only brings negative morale.

Get an education that involves actual learning and real life management skills so you can see that implement them to the team not what is concocted at 10pm at night.

Check your ego at the door, people don't follow those they don't respect.

Miserable in All Things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat entry level sales experience, but that's it.

ConsGoing to work each morning was a drag because you know that rants and yelling will ensue. Sales meetings and trains consisted of berating employees, negative speeches, and "motivational anecdotes" (but were the exact opposite of motivational). While on calls to prospective customers, expect to get yelled at and harassed throughout the day. Common sense and logical thinking are looked down on due to managements attitude of manage minute to minute (shooting from the hip). Above all else, the product works for 25-35% of the accounts, so it's difficult to sell, difficult to retain customers, and boarder line unethical to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture of the company starts with you, so when you bring your personal issue to work, everybody suffers due to your bad/negative attitude. Yelling is never motivational and berating employees as they move on is totally uncalled for. Steve Jobs (Co-founder of Apple) was fired, learn from what he says about that experience, and if necessary, do the same and get perspective.

Don't Bother

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsFree lunch once a week, looks better on a resume than working food service.

ConsEverything else. Pay, especially for the content team, is extremely low and certainly not enough to live on. Expectations change weekly. Nepotism runs rampant in upper management; most of the higher-level positions are occupied by relatives of the owners, which does nothing to ensure that they know what they are doing. Much of the content team is working on computers that use Windows XP as their OS, something that shouldn't happen at a company aiming to be a top travel website.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want a quality product, invest in the portion of your workforce that is actually producing the product.

Challenged and Happy

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsI have worked in Advertising for over 7 years and this is the most fun I have had doing it. This is an upbeat and energetic work environment. The Sales Team and Management are fantastic and supportive. I always feel like I have an open door with my concerns, struggles, wins and discussing anything that is on my mind. I sell a product that helps people grow their business no matter what size property they have and in the Travel Industry no less. And the company is always innovating and creating tools to help the sales team sell better and more effectively. I really could go on but I won't. I feel very blessed to be working at TravelNet and happy I get to be pushed to be better and grow my career here.

ConsChallenging. Yes, Advertising Sales can be hard. You have to be enthusiastic and like people. So it can be challenging in that regards but it can also be a positive if you like to be challenged in your career and grow personally as well. Expectations can be high but are not unrealistic but again this is a way to get pushed to build your portfolio and one of the things I know I personally need as a Sales Producer. If you can work hard and build relationships you can make it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating and building people up and they will shine for you.

Company in need of management consulting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training to help prepare for future en-devours. If you can sell this product, you can sell anything. Traveling to vacation destinations is great.

ConsLittle to no positive feedback. Low moral. The company has had many ups and downs, it is clear when the company is not doing well because emotions flare from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake employees feel good about coming in to work every day, focus on boosting employee moral. Move from dictatorship to democracy.

Unprofessional , Uneducated, Unethical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsI wish I can say something positive, but really can't. If you research all ex employees, they will say the same thing about the company.

ConsThe management has no experience and is also led by people that didn't finish college. The company is unethical and has no values. Everyone is underpaid and moral is very low. If only the customers knew they were being ripped off, they would probably be bankrupted by now. In all honesty, they are barely profitable. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training.

Type A? Apply here. If not, run.

Content (Former Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsNice office, some decent people, lots of opportunity to stay busy

ConsHands-on, in-your-face management style, nepotism, turnover, unrealistic expectations, guilt, fear and berating used as motivation tactics

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the CEO's hands out of everything. Create a better path forward for employees

Worked for TravelNet Solutions? Contribute to the Community!