Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Travelers Companies Chairman & CEO Jay S. Fishman

Jay S. Fishman

Pros
  • Most (though not all) managers are supportive of the HR line on work/life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Great Benefits / Salary is at upper end for most all adjusting jobs (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance, although they continually stress that it exists (in 27 reviews)

• Micromanage, no work life balance, ridiculous work load (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive, collaborative, and honest work culture!

Underwriter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat leadership. Positive and supportive work culture. You become more valuable to the company with time invested! Company has great company values and helps you improve your character. Elite reputation.

ConsOffice work culture, so expect to spend quite some time on computer throughout your weekly shifts.

Telephonic Nurse Case Manager at Travelers

Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsI thoroughly enjoyed working at Travelers. The salary and opportunities were excellent and the chance to help others was enjoyable.

ConsI really found no cons when I was working there. If you wanted to go for a promotion you were encouraged to do so, The office culture was one of respect of each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to treat employees with respect and remember how their jobs are since most managers worked up through the ranks to get their positions.

Great Experience

ProsAlways had something to work and was given the opportunity to work on some "above intern level" projects.

ConsI have no cons. The company really made you feel like you played an important role in its day to day operations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good opportunity

ProsManagement really wants you to take control of your career and pursue the path you want to go on

ConsVery high workload expectations from employees

intern experience

AALDP Intern (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsDiverse company culture, many intern social networking activiites, good working environment.

ConsHartford is not a place that have many things to explore.

Enjoyable job interacting with people after a major life catastrophe.

Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Jackson, MS

ProsGreat pay and bonuses. Opportunity for growth and advancement.

ConsTime limit on calls, not everyone can be assisted in 7 minutes or less

Advice to Senior ManagementI had great management

After 2 years I am still in love with my job!!

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsTravelers genuinely cares about it's employees and it shows in the daily interactions between team members of your team and other departments. Great benefits and growth potential.

ConsNot everyone is as satisfied and unfortunately that does transfer into their interactions with others on the team.

My employment and appreciation of people, their knowledge and experience is non-existent.

Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

Prosgood question, nothing is good if you're a tenured employee.

Consexperience, knowledge and tenure no longer count as anything valuable.

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate the people who have committed most of their lives to this company and don't discount them as second hand citizens.

Great experience for the past 4 years

Claims Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat management
    Friendly corporate culture
    Annual performance review for raises
    Great learning tools
    Semi flexible schedule

As with all corporate companies, views on the company will significantly vary office by office. Our top performing office does not have many of the issues stated in some of these reviews.

ConsCyclical high workload
    Slow to implement change due to conservative nature
    Slight division between field and home office
    I do not agree that all the performance metrics are relevant

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee surveys from the field will greatly increase transparency and will allow more efficient changes in workflow.

Commercial Lines

Commercial Lines (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsGreat pay, benefits and time off. Opportunity for advancement.

ConsBeen through a few layoffs. Corporation makes a decision and doesn't think about the lives impacted.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!