Travelocity Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Travelocity is a great place to work...great people...learning organization...challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Social Media Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Social Media Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

At Travelocity, you get to work with people who are passionate about our customers and travel. We all believe that travel makes your life better.

Cons

We are managing with a lot of change as we work through our transition to the Expedia family. It has been described as murky times which is accurate.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with us as we work through another transitional phase. Communication goes a long way and I never heard of too much communication as a negative.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for the feedback! We are continuing to plan regular update meetings to update everyone on how the integration is progressing, and as always, no questions are off limits - either in our ... More

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Travelocity full-time

Pros

Travelocity has a tight knit team that works extremely well together. We are focused on the customer and work in a great industry. The company offers outstanding benefits

Cons

For me, personally, the commute is not great. A few employees don't seem to work as hard as most of us

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Glad to see that you are such an enthusiastic member of the Travelocity team. It really is a great industry in which to be. Hopefully the team experience can make up a bit for the long-ish commute.

3. Love Travel + o + city

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

People who work at Travelocity! Customers! World of opportunities! Encouraged to try new things even if that means making mistakes which is hard for me but I am trying.

Cons

Working through transition to Expedia

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

I love the enthusiasm! It is that attitude that will make the transition to Expedia as successful and seamless as possible!

5. Great brand, great people - in a rebuilding mode

Current Employee - Director in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Travelocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A really good group of people, fun working environment and a lot of opportunity to "take the bull by the horns" and take on projects that you want to do. Becoming part of Expedia adds a needed layer of security.

Cons

As a recent acquisition target, Travelocity is in a rebuilding mode - so processes and procedures are still being constructed - leading to a little bit of a murkiness.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of the rebuilding mode to bring in the best possible people, and to move existing employees into the best possible fits for their talents.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for the thoughtful review. As we work through our integration with Expedia - hopefully some of that murkiness evaporates. And as for bringing in those great people - be sure to recommend folks ... More

6. Good experience.

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Southlake, TX

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working at Travelocity, it was like an extended family. Decent pay, good benefits. Work was interesting and challenging.

Cons

Top level leadership was switched out several times, which made it a little challenging to know what the vision was for the employees. More on the job training would have been nice.

Advice to Management

I have not worked there for several years so don't really know what advise I could give to the management at this time.

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you very much for the feedback. We think it is still like an extended family here - and while there were certainly a lot of changes during the time that you were here, we have had a lot more ... More

7. A wonderful experience

Former Employee - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Casual work environment with amazing leadership! Great benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Most challenging aspect of the job was irate customers who couldn't understand airline policies and associated fees.

Advice to Management

Better negotiations with potential buyers that could have possibly resulted in no layoffs.

Mar 17, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for your feedback. We like to think that with the recent change in ownership that we have kept a lot of the best leadership, benefits and advancement opportunities in place while creating ... More

Was a good company

Current Employee - Principal Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Principal Financial Analyst

I have been working at Travelocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-great work-life balance -wonderful and knowlegble people

Cons

-lacks agility and decision-making -lacks fore-sight

Advice to Management

listen to employees not managers

Mar 19, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for the honest feedback. This is the kind of information that can help us continually transform as a company - and become increasingly engaged and responsive to employees moving forward.

9. Great Company

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved my tenure here, the people I worked with, and the operational goals we achieved not only for our company but our partner companies as well. I became aware of changes within the organization last year and knew about pending layoffs, but vowed to stay the course knowing that the company would be closing its call center here in PA. I made a promise to our call center manager that would be here until we took our last call for this great company. I'm so thankful for everything that I learned during my tenure here and all the experiences that I had over the last 7 and a half years. I will always cherish the great memories I had during those years and feel that my exposure to this organization has made me a better person. I will miss many of people I have had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

A business decision was made to close the call centers in PA and TX. Such a decison was not easily made, but sometimes doing the unpopular thing is what is best. In this case I feel history will prove the right decision was made. If our paths never cross again, I want you to know it was indeed an honor to be a part of history and also to serve you!

Mar 16, 2015 – Director, Marketing Communications

Thank you for the honest review. The changes that were made during Travelocity's transition were certainly not easy for anyone, but your attitude towards understanding the reasons for those changes ... More

10. Once Great Company Sold Out Its Employees

Former Employee - Senior International Travel Consultant in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior International Travel Consultant in Southlake, TX

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Probably the most talented and passionate co-workers I have ever had or probably will ever have were at Travelocity. The Southlake campus was a great, casual work environment that seemed to foster creativity and teamwork. Opinions stated here are in reference to Travelocity Business which WAS the corporate travel division of Travelocity.

Cons

Abysmal and ineffective proprietary airline reservation system. Very little training related to actual position. Trainers needed training themselves. Management didn't actively encourage promotion. NO company travel benefits from Travelocity as Travelocity wanted to be mavericks and not beholden to any airline. Ha! How'd that work out for you?

Advice to Management

All too little, too late. Management refused to listen to employee suggestions for efficiency. That's okay the guilty upper management left after selling out the employees.

11. Left Hand Doesn't Know what the Right Hand is Doing

Former Employee - Software Development Contributor in Southland, TX
    Former Employee - Software Development Contributor in Southland, TX

I worked at Travelocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Campus, Cafeteria, On Site Gym

Cons

No real training for new employees, no direction for employees, never could get access to systems that I needed to support

Advice to Management

Make sure a position is needed before hiring for it. It is necessary to provide new employees without any previous experience at the company direction and training. Expecting that a new employee will just "pick things up" is silly and sets the employee and the manager up for failure.

RSS Feed </> Embed