Travelodge Hotels (UK)

2.2

Travelodge Hotels (UK) CEO Peter Gowers
Peter Gowers

Good Company

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

Pros

Good family to work with

Cons

The benefits that are on offer are not great

Absolutely Awful Without A Doubt The Worst Company I have Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Room Attendant  in  Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Room Attendant in Sunbury-on-Thames, England (UK)

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros, everything about this place is dreadful

Cons

Made to feel totally uncomfortable being English, All of the other housekeepers spoke to each other in a language I didn't understand even thought they could all speak perfect English when it suited them.
    Made to work 5/6 hours a day and get paid for only 4.
    I was given no training at all and was disgusted at some of the things I saw.
    Toilets were cleaned with bath towels, ok they were washed after but seriously that is disgusting, someone is going to be using that again.
    I also witnessed a member of housekeeping staff regularly lick her fingers and run them around the inside of a mug then give it a wipe with a dirty pillowcase and put the mug out for the next person to use

You need to ask yourselves why you get so many bad reviews, seriously one of you should go play undercover housekeeper for a week and see what really goes on

Micro Managed

Current Employee - Hotel Manager  in  Gloucester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Hotel Manager in Gloucester, England (UK)

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is always improving, and they are finally listening to what customers actually want

Cons

Expected to work on days off.
    Micro managed to a suffocating amount
    No trust in managers to actually manage
    Poor salary and benefits
    Insufficient funding for day to day running

You've promoted or hired someone for their managerial talent, why not let them manage their own business?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Room Attendant  in  Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Room Attendant in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

I have been working at Travelodge Hotels (UK) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Sorry but there are no pros

Cons

They don't pay the hours you work. They lie about pay on a Sunday and do not pay ssp. The staff there are all polish and if your face don't fit you no it

don,t work here

Former Employee - Room Assistant  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Room Assistant in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no best reasons

Cons

I worked at Travelodge for about 3 years and when I refused to cover reception and also clean 15 plus rooms my life was made a misery.I had to leave as things got so bad I ended up on tablets and my confidence took a nosedive.I,ve been left 2 years and I still have nightmares about the place,its an absolute scumbag of a place.

Worst job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ayr, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ayr, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing at all. Worst job ever.

Cons

Doing reception and 20 rooms at the same time while answering the phone and acting manager. Loneworking on evening and night shift. Doing 20 jobs at once and only being paid NMW. Hotel was filthy, didn't matter how much you cleaned it. No staff benefits, not even discount on rooms! Not equipped with proper PPE. Endless phonecalls on days off.

Look at your hotels and look to see what needs improving before pocketing the cash.

Worst job in the worst place

Former Employee - Housekeeper
    Former Employee - Housekeeper

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

I can not think of a single one about the actual job. The only thing I can say is that most of my co workers were polite and friendly. They had a kind of 'we're all in this together' approach and helped you out when needed.

Cons

- Working unpaid overtime. Paid for four hours work when I was doing between 5-7 hours a day because the amount of rooms given to clean was WAY too much for the time given.
    - Minimum wage for a horrible job that is like a 6 hour work out.
    - Expected to clean rooms in a impossibly short amount of time. On my contract it stated 4 rooms an hour, luckily my boss knew that was too much gave us a little more time.
    - No break- it did say in the contract I was allowed a 30 minute break (4 hours work), but I was never told anything about it and no one else ever took a break.
    - Weekly rota was all over the place and could change at any minute.
    - Some rooms are more disgusting than others but still given the same time to clean. I've had to clean up someone who has peed in a bin, dirty nappies left out, and mysterious brown substances smeared on bathroom walls, but they're treated the same as people who strip their own beds and clean their own mugs.
    - Expected to do things after cleaning the rooms (adding to overtime). Given 4 hours to clean rooms (which would take at least an hour longer anyway), but had to get their early to set up, and spent about half an hour at the end of the shift sorting out dirty laundry, putting rubbish away, sorting out trolleys for next people, hoovering hallway etc. I have no problem with this but it should be paid work.
    - Have to clean late check out rooms which leave at 2pm (when the shift is SUPPOSED to end). You'll be there unpaid at that time anyway, but surely they know that if you're supposed to start cleaning some rooms at 2pm then they should pay you past 2pm.

Accept that you either need to half the work load of pay for extra hours. Plus this shouldn't be a minimum wage job, it's seriously terrible.

like the review before me ,don't work here , not worth it.

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

Pros

free NVQ level 2 , cheap room rate but depends on the date and area, pension.
    anyone can become a manager but can not become a manager else where , say it all ,isn't it ?

Cons

i think all of the bad review i have seen here said it all , no matter which district you work for , same problem and same issue,i don't even want to go into details.

i saw some of the good review ,don't lie for them on this review , you and me know in heart , the bad review is actually saying nothing but the truth.

i won't say anymore bad thing , everyone that left a bad review here say it all for me. in my case , yes it is this bad until i can not stand it and being miserable everyday,not just long hour , its days as well, sometime i have to full a full weekdays or may be more without day off, not kidding , it is the truth.

don't just assume your staff will do as you told , we are not your slave , have some respect , funny thing is they were once a receptionist and how can they not remember what was it like to be one ?

DON'T WORK THERE!

Former Employee - Hotel Team Member
    Former Employee - Hotel Team Member

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) part-time for less than a year

Pros

There Isn't one!! oh wait!.you eventually get to leave and go home

Cons

Long hours, over working, management speak to you in a rude manner and treat you horrendously
    Minimum wage! Management lie about everything,Change your rota without telling you and then expect you to turn up!, You don't get given the full training.

Treat staff better!!

Loved it at the 2 lodges I worked at, I transferred lodges when I moved county, it went downhill and sadly had to leave.

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Travelodge Hotels (UK) as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Talking with nice friendly guests/regulars, can work towards becoming a manager if that's what you want, nice cheap rooms for staff,

Cons

Drunk people, pissed off guests who need to be outbooked and lazy staff,

Don't make the staff feel that they can't contact their DM without getting in trouble from their HM despite the DM saying they are always at the end of a phone it doesn't feel like it!!

Worked for Travelodge Hotels (UK)? Contribute to the Community!