Travis Credit Union

Updated Apr 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patsy Van Ouwerkerk

Best company I've worked with!

Finance Intern (Former Employee)
    Vacaville, CA

ProsEmployees are friendly and chill. Managers are willing to help and teach. We are like a big family.

ConsThe Internet is slow sometimes.

Great as a Job. Not a career

ProsBenefits, Bonuses, Relaxed Environment. Immediate co-workers and supervisors are helpful and encouraging.

ConsHours, Favoritism, and difficulty for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on marketing, more on your employees.

A great work community one can be a part of

ProsThis place offers room for career growth as well as amazing benefits. Working students could work as part time tellers.

ConsOne of the cons is salary. They try to match industry standards, but there is so much room for improvement in this area.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great time at work all day

Operations Director (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

Proslots of great people at work and fun

Conslong hours but still fun

Great family-oriented organization that cares about there employees and the communities they serve.

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Vacaville, CA

Pros>Worked along side some truly smart and talented people.
    >Generally speaking, it was a positive environment to work in. People got along well for the most
       part.
    >When management is available, most times they're receptive to employee concerns and ideas.
    >Challenging work, depending on the department you work in.
    >The CEO and most of the other executive staff are very approachable. Most times you can see
       them walking around talking with other employees.
    >If you're the "Jack of all trades" type person, this organization is a perfect fit. Doesn't seem to
      matter what dept. you work in. This is especially true in the IT Dept.
    >Great health benefits for full-time employees and there families.
    >1% off the interest rates for some AUTO and HOME loans made with the credit union.

Cons>Annual product knowledge test for all employees is mandatory. Yes, even all back office staff must
       take a test to demonstrate knowledge of the Credit Union's products and services. Seems kind of
       silly and a waste of time for back office employees.
    >Management can sometimes seem "overworked" and not really attentive to employee needs.
    >Sometimes there are excessive amounts of "drive-by" requests (tasks to be performed that are
      unrelated to the project) from management & other employees while working on a major project.
    >Management can be too quick to act when it comes to adopting a new product
      or service to roll out. They don't always get the input from the people that will eventually be using or
      managing the new product or service.
    >Have worked along side some incompetent employees in this organization and have yet to
      understand why they are still employed. These employees are cancers to a dept and organization
      as a whole. In the end, keeping them around just builds up resentment towards that person (and
      there managers).

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know you have an incompetent employee in your Dept. and you have had multiple employees echoing concerns about there ability to do the job, then its time to put them on corrective action. If that doesn't do the trick, cut that employee loose. You don't want your fellow employees to build resentment towards that person and then toward your ability to manage effectively.

I worked at Travis Credit Union for 17 years. I enjoyed the closeness of the employees and believed the the products.

Branch Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Antioch, CA

ProsTravis Credit Union cares about the employees and the members. They offer great service and excellent benefits

ConsI learned a lot while working at Travis Credit Union, but I had to leave the state in 2010. When I returned in 2011, I found out there was an opening and hoped to go back to my old job. Unfortunately, the position requires the applicant to be bilingual, which I am not. I do not think it is fair to take all my experience and time and toss it aside just because I am not bilingual.

Just a job, dont get your hopes up too much.

Collector (Former Employee)
    Vacaville, CA

ProsIt's just a job, not career material.

ConsThey hire you on as a temp to hire and do not actually hire. They will just use you for a few months.

Worked for Travis Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travis Credit Union reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Travis Credit Union CEO Patsy Van Ouwerkerk. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Travis Credit Union employees.