Traxxas Reviews

Mike Jenkins

1. Ok company...Poor management

Former Employee - Shipping/Warehouse in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Shipping/Warehouse in Richardson, TX

I worked at Traxxas (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are really good, and company provided/paid for, the Christmas bonus/party is a fun time. Everyone gets a gift!

Cons

The management doesn't fight for the employees. Things that were supposed to happen when the new warehouse was built, never did. Things like, fans, cardboard compactor, other things.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and their needs. Stop bowing to upper management, grow a pair and tell them no every now and then.

Mediocre at best.

I worked at Traxxas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fun product and an excited demographic. Best name in RC, period. The owner loves his employees (so he says) and they do try to treat the employees well.

Cons

Management could not care any less. They hide behind office doors, jacked up trucks, personal trips and vacations, then actually listen! They will have meetings with you, make you think they're really interested and then continue to do nothing. Which means one of two things, either they really don't care, or they are really that blind to what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Management continues to promise the stars and produce nothing. Time and time again. They are their own demise and its sad to watch.

Some Pros, Mostly Cons

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Traxxas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has great work life balance and the pay is competitive. Benefits are great and the wealth of knowledge of the employees is outstanding. All of the employees are the best in their field.

Cons

Very strict management that looks down on those that are their peers. Regular employees reprimanded for speaking to or even smiling at upper management. Company is run much like a dictatorship with little room or tolerance for employee input.

One step forward, three steps back!

I worked at Traxxas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Traxxas promotes from within because everyone knows they treat their employees horribly, so if you can outlast everyone else quitting, you will rise to the top quickly! If you love the RC market, you will have a better chance of keeping your job.

Cons

This company's management rules with an iron fist and loves to blame employees for their mistakes and poor decisions. Very uptight and uncomfortable working environment. Employee turnover is very quick and they always have new job openings for such a small company. Read between the lines and don't waste your time! Some of these reviews say they pay well to deal with too many problems, but they just pay standard wages. Do your market research before you agree to a deal

Very strange to see a unnatural mix of five star reviews and so may one or two star reviews on Glassdoor... Traxxas should pay more attention to their employee happiness rather than writing fake reviews about how happy they are

Advice to Management

Hire someone to help you organize and manage your business. The older employees advised I just do my work and keep my head down and not get noticed. Should have taken their advice! Interview all your employees and find out what you are doing wrong, because you just surround yourself with yes men

HR

I worked at Traxxas

Pros

Fun industry, customers love the product/brand

Cons

Hostile work environment, unstable; smart, talented people don't last long

Advice to Management

Hire a strong GM to run the company and let him or her do the job.

Great product. Passionate people. Absolutely the worst upper management I've ever experienced. Sad shame.

Former Employee - Middle Management in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Plano, TX

I worked at Traxxas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Traxxas produces a great product. Their customer service is second to none. The employees are passionate about the product and most are active participants in radio-control racing competitions in their spare time (what little they have). Benefits are average, but certainly better than nothing.

Cons

Despite all the flowery talk, the company has no respect for one's family life. You are expected to work long hours (few employees are ever home in time to have dinner with their families). Many of the people in my group were having serious problems with their marriage due to the hours. Management is paranoid, very "cloak and dagger" and hold their employees in very low regard. Micro-management runs rampant. And "analysis paralysis" has caused the company millions in lost opportunities.

Advice to Management

You'll never change (because you know it all and everyone who works for you are idiots). So I won't even bother. My best advice you? Sell the company now while it's still worth something. Because in a couple of years you will have driven it into the ground.

Who is writing these fake positive reviews?

I worked at Traxxas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Christmas presents. Good benefits

Cons

Office culture is very odd

Working for a family business as the unwanted help

Former Employee - Technical Support in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support in McKinney, TX

I worked at Traxxas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people or worker bees are the strength of this company. Very hard working and dedicated to preserving their jobs and avoiding office politics.

Cons

The biggest challenge is trying to follow upper management leadership. Seems the company is truly run as a family business and workers are but the hired help. Ever heard of a place where you must bring a doctor's note [salaried or hourly] if you use a sick day? How about a place where a collection is taken to purchase an automatic rifle for the already wealthy owner?

Advice to Management

There is always a day of reckoning. Your actions mimic the plantation owners of the 1800's. You may continue to hire and fire at will and never personally feel a thing about it. But micro managing is holding the progress back, not advancing it.

Challenging, in the utmost enjoyable way.

I have been working at Traxxas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here nearly 2 years and love this place. Casual working environment is a great change from monkey suits and dress shoes. Training is a bit lacking and you are expected to learn on the fly. Not a problem if you enjoy a challenge and come here with no experience.
      Benefits are great, I am able to choose from some of the most elite doctors in DFW for my healthcare at $0 cost for myself. 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation and other reimbursable perks make this place a beneficial place to work.
      Overall compensation package needs to be looked at when considering this company for full time employment. We have the opportunity to travel around the Globe to take part in some of the best industry trade shows to date.
    Co-workers are personable and each of them have their own hobbies, from motorcycles to hot rods. We also love R/C around here and you will always find someone with similar interests under this roof.

Cons

Since this industry is highly competitive and is predominantly a male workforce you will find multiple Alpha personality types. As with any top tier company that sets standards and breaks industry records there will always be "haters" in droves behind you.
      Hours can sometimes be excessively long, but proper rest and compensation can always be counted on.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and we will invest in this company. I saw a great reference that reminded me of this company at times. A President asks his Director of Sales "What happens if we invest in our employees success and they leave?" The Director of sales replies, "What if we do not invest in their success and they stay?"
    You expect exceptional performance as the standard of business. We do too...

Horrible managing

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Traxxas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get good benefits

Cons

The guys who get paid most, don't do any work. The guys who work 60+ hours a week, get paid nothing. It's a bogus company to work for unless you are high up in the company. Warehouse associates work the most and get treated horrible. Managing is awful and there is no communication.

Advice to Management

Get new managers in the warehouse and around the company and get better communication in the company before you lose your best guys.

RSS Feed </> Embed