Treasure Island Casino

Kim Pang

Just OK.

Events (Former Employee)

I worked at Treasure Island Casino part-time for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with are awesome, the people in the casino are usually great, events are fun, decent job to get you by depending on which department you're in

ConsYou aren't treated equal by higher coworkers if you're an employee in uniform and not in "office clothes"
Majority of the building is smoking
Superiors seem to avoid the floor to avoid the complaints - if they like their ideas they aren't going to change them because the patrons will eventually "get over it"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your lower employees - they spend the most time on the floor and take the brunt of the negativity to the decisions you make

Temporary OK

Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Treasure Island Casino part-time for more than a year

ProsEnjoy people I work with

ConsOn-Call Status, hours cut in half

Caution proceed at your own risk!

Buffet Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Treasure Island Casino full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are absolutely no pros

ConsCannot go to HR with any issues as they work against the team members so there is no safe place to go for assistance with issues. The buffet in particular is full of supervisors and managers who have vendettas against team members and do their best to get them terminated. When an ethical manager or supervisor is on board they get rid of them. ANd there are absolutely no opportunities for advancement. If team members want to go to the tribal council their jobs are threatened!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house in the hospitality department starting with the director, the buffet managers and the buffet supervisors. Then clean up the HR department by eliminating the head of the department. Then it will be a safe place and fun place for team members to work there.

Great place, great employees and great benefits

IT Department (Former Employee)
Red Wing, MN

I worked at Treasure Island Casino full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people, exciting environment and always something different. Great break room, great employee training. They treat there employees very well. There is a large focus on the customer, that is refreshing. Free soda in the break room is nice. Employee discount on food.

ConsSome of the issues were the location and weather related. If you don't like to be outgoing it is not the place for you. Some area's are smoking and that can be bothersome. Tons of walking, because it is a very large facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe create a intranet site with better internal communications and discussions.

Love the coworkers, hate everything about the management

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Treasure Island Casino full-time for more than a year

ProsI made a ton of new friends, and I loved making friends with the customers.

ConsThey refused to pay me over a certain amount of hours, if I was scheduled tip 1215 and it took me til 1245 to clean and tear down everything they would go in and change my hours so it said I got done at 1215.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe go to some classes because you absolutely DO NOT know how to run anything around there. You treat your employees like crap unless they work at Mongo Bay and you are so money hungry you dont care who gets in the way.

No respect, no communication, no raises......think twice before applying.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Treasure Island Casino

ProsYou will work with some of the best, hardest working people around. That is the true key to working at TI. The workforce is amazing. Also, you will encounter lots of fun, interesting guests on a daily basis. From a financial standpoint, if you work in a tipped position, the possibility of getting great tips is always there.

ConsComplete lack of communication from the upper levels of management. Directives and initiatives are often misguided and lack structure. There is a lack of respect from the upper levels of management down to line level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear and consistent in your message. You have too many conflicting views/rules that confuse even the most senior employee. Your upper management level needs to show more respect to line level. Your "employee appreciation" events come across as cold and insulting. Rethink how you approach your "appreciation" or hire directors who actually DO respect the employees.

Terrible

Vault Cashier (Current Employee)
Red Wing, MN

I have been working at Treasure Island Casino

ProsThe pay is decent, and the extra rewards are okay!

ConsTerrible hours, terribly management, very boring job!

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your head out of your ass and listen to your employees!

Underpaid, Understaffed, Overworked.

Hotel Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Treasure Island Casino

ProsThe management of the said department presents a friendly attitude, tri-monthly rewards (30, or 35 dollar gift cards to the casino, gas card, other item) for all staff.

ConsThe job is underpaid, understaffed and overworked. Positions cannot be held as the job is unfair to employees. Requirements say staff will lift around 35 pounds, often required to lift and push 100+ pounds to keep up and keep your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more. You need to treat the staff better. There are other positions which are considerably more glamorous, and out pay the laboring staff in the hotel.

Overall nice job, they treat employees great, and have small perks that are rewarding.

I have been working at Treasure Island Casino

ProsThey were flexible with my school schedule, and are understanding when I have personal things that came up and needed a day or two off. They offer small perks working there such as half off a room, and discount for gas. And every once it while there are items that they hand out to employees when we come to punch in, ex. during winter it was kleenex packs, and hand sanitizer, and in summer we had oranges, and dove chocolate bars. they really do treat there employees well.

ConsThe cons would be the same as any other job. I work in hotel and there are days where it is so busy and every room is nasty to clean up. Some days are good, some bad just like any other job. I have also noticed that it is also a place were people are in and out of employment there as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent with giving out information, and updates

Worked for Treasure Island Casino? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Treasure Island Casino reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Treasure Island Casino CEO Kim Pang. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Treasure Island Casino employees.