Treasure Island Casino

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Kim Pang

Good coworkers, poor upper management, very unorganized.

Cashier (Current Employee) Welch, MN

ProsIt does have good benefits, health, PTO, they do team member feasts, frequently throughout the year, the biggest one is right before Christmas, which we sometimes get a bonus, depending on how the year went. The Tribal community does give us hams and turkeys during the holiday season, which is very nice of them. I've met great friends at work.

ConsIn my department, I found the upper management to be very disorganized, I worked with cash, and we had very particular rules on how we should do things, but some managers interpreted them differently, which made things difficult, because you could ask one and get one answer, and another and get an entirely different answer. I found the absent rule which was casino wide, to be frustrating. 7 in a rolling 52 week period, and you could get written up for pattern absences.

Advice to Senior Managementyou make it very hard to enjoy our work. by putting up more and more restrictions that would cost us our jobs, along with understaffed, and poor management aide. Nobody in the department respects the management, especially the manager, which makes dissent among the ranks as it were.

Temporary OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsEnjoy people I work with

ConsOn-Call Status, hours cut in half

Jun 30, 2014

Sadly this is the Treasure Island in Vegas - The Treasure Island in Red Wing, MN has jobs of all types and are now hiring.

Caution proceed at your own risk!

Buffet Supervisor (Former Employee) Welch, MN

ProsThere are absolutely no pros

ConsCannot go to HR with any issues as they work against the team members so there is no safe place to go for assistance with issues. The buffet in particular is full of supervisors and managers who have vendettas against team members and do their best to get them terminated. When an ethical manager or supervisor is on board they get rid of them. ANd there are absolutely no opportunities for advancement. If team members want to go to the tribal council their jobs are threatened!

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house in the hospitality department starting with the director, the buffet managers and the buffet supervisors. Then clean up the HR department by eliminating the head of the department. Then it will be a safe place and fun place for team members to work there.

Jun 30, 2014

I am sorry we didn't turn out to be a good match for you. We did however give you six months to improve your performance. Sadly that did not happen. I hope you and your next employer are a better ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just OK.

Events (Former Employee)

ProsThe people you work with are awesome, the people in the casino are usually great, events are fun, decent job to get you by depending on which department you're in

ConsYou aren't treated equal by higher coworkers if you're an employee in uniform and not in "office clothes"
    Majority of the building is smoking
    Superiors seem to avoid the floor to avoid the complaints - if they like their ideas they aren't going to change them because the patrons will eventually "get over it"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your lower employees - they spend the most time on the floor and take the brunt of the negativity to the decisions you make

Jun 30, 2014

I am sorry if you felt no one cared or listened. We are trying to improve and listening to all Team Members is part of that process. Give us a second look, you might like what you see.

Great place, great employees and great benefits

IT Department (Former Employee) Red Wing, MN

ProsNice people, exciting environment and always something different. Great break room, great employee training. They treat there employees very well. There is a large focus on the customer, that is refreshing. Free soda in the break room is nice. Employee discount on food.

ConsSome of the issues were the location and weather related. If you don't like to be outgoing it is not the place for you. Some area's are smoking and that can be bothersome. Tons of walking, because it is a very large facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe create a intranet site with better internal communications and discussions.

Jun 30, 2014

Thanks for your kind words, but we are constantly trying to improve. If it turns out the grass wasn't greener at your new employer, please give us another try.

Love the coworkers, hate everything about the management

Cashier (Former Employee) Welch, MN

ProsI made a ton of new friends, and I loved making friends with the customers.

ConsThey refused to pay me over a certain amount of hours, if I was scheduled tip 1215 and it took me til 1245 to clean and tear down everything they would go in and change my hours so it said I got done at 1215.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe go to some classes because you absolutely DO NOT know how to run anything around there. You treat your employees like crap unless they work at Mongo Bay and you are so money hungry you dont care who gets in the way.

Jun 30, 2014

I am sorry if this happened. This is NOT how we do business. We pay for ALL hours worked. Even now if we can make this right, please come and discuss with me.

No respect, no communication, no raises......think twice before applying.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Welch, MN

ProsYou will work with some of the best, hardest working people around. That is the true key to working at TI. The workforce is amazing. Also, you will encounter lots of fun, interesting guests on a daily basis. From a financial standpoint, if you work in a tipped position, the possibility of getting great tips is always there.

ConsComplete lack of communication from the upper levels of management. Directives and initiatives are often misguided and lack structure. There is a lack of respect from the upper levels of management down to line level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear and consistent in your message. You have too many conflicting views/rules that confuse even the most senior employee. Your upper management level needs to show more respect to line level. Your "employee appreciation" events come across as cold and insulting. Rethink how you approach your "appreciation" or hire directors who actually DO respect the employees.

Treasure Island Casino Director of Human Rrsources responded to this review

Jun 19, 2014

As you can see this individual has been gone for more than 3 years. We have made many changes in how operate since that time. A member of Sr Management meets with line level Team Members from every ... More

Terrible

Vault Cashier (Current Employee) Red Wing, MN

ProsThe pay is decent, and the extra rewards are okay!

ConsTerrible hours, terribly management, very boring job!

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your head out of your ass and listen to your employees!

Jun 30, 2014

Sr. Management has changed in the last three and half years. We now meet every month with each department to hear, understand and change what we can for the better.

Underpaid, Understaffed, Overworked.

Hotel Operations (Former Employee) Welch, MN

ProsThe management of the said department presents a friendly attitude, tri-monthly rewards (30, or 35 dollar gift cards to the casino, gas card, other item) for all staff.

ConsThe job is underpaid, understaffed and overworked. Positions cannot be held as the job is unfair to employees. Requirements say staff will lift around 35 pounds, often required to lift and push 100+ pounds to keep up and keep your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more. You need to treat the staff better. There are other positions which are considerably more glamorous, and out pay the laboring staff in the hotel.

Jun 30, 2014

This was almost four years ago. We have recently raised wages on many of the hotel jobs by as much as $3 an hour. For Guest Room Attendants we now pay $12.50 per hour. Come look at our website at ... More

Overall nice job, they treat employees great, and have small perks that are rewarding.

ProsThey were flexible with my school schedule, and are understanding when I have personal things that came up and needed a day or two off. They offer small perks working there such as half off a room, and discount for gas. And every once it while there are items that they hand out to employees when we come to punch in, ex. during winter it was kleenex packs, and hand sanitizer, and in summer we had oranges, and dove chocolate bars. they really do treat there employees well.

ConsThe cons would be the same as any other job. I work in hotel and there are days where it is so busy and every room is nasty to clean up. Some days are good, some bad just like any other job. I have also noticed that it is also a place were people are in and out of employment there as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistent with giving out information, and updates

Jun 30, 2014

We know your job is HARD work. This is one of the reasons we have raised the entry level wage by over $3 an hour in the last year. THANK YOU for all of your hard work!

Worked for Treasure Island Casino? Contribute to the Community!