Tredroc Tire Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

John J. Lavelle

Retreading tires forever

Retread Shop (Current Employee)
West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company never runs out of tires to retread. Keeps me busy all day. Iso certification makes good tires always. Manager makes safe shop.

ConsI wish the company would hire more employee to build the tire. Very busy to much sometime more employee make easier.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you to train me. Company make me good for train me to build best quality. Company gave me chance. Company to train more like me to hep make tire.

Not all it's cracked up to be.

Outside Sales (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost of the people are good people. Most believe in what they do and want to do a great job.

ConsBefore Tredroc was formed, both companies seemed to be doing OK. Since then it has mainly

been downhill or at least a lot of negativity from corporate. Very seldom, if ever, are there any

positive comments from corporate, it's always "doom and gloom"

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember who brought you to the dance. the people who are good enough to spend thier money

with Tredroc. They have choices as to whom they do buisness with. Let's give them the reasons

to spend it with Tredroc. Get back to basics. Give people the biggest bang for the buck we can.

Quality products, quality service and a genuine interest in what they do and you'll have these

people as clients forever.

Horrible Company To Work For

OFFICE (Former Employee)
Antioch, IL

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of the lower level workers are great. Made some good friends while there.

Cons-Worst company I have worked for.
-Management cares very little about the employees.
-Job security is only there if you are part of the good old boys network, then you're set for life.
-No raises unless you are management, then the sky is the limit even if others are getting laid off.
-No problem spending money on new company vehicles for higher-ups and even some of their family members who don't even work for the company, while locations are being closed.
-Too many horrible things to mention. Stay away from this company!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no point in giving to advice to management because they don't listen anyways.

it's a job

Outside Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsSome of the best service techs in the business. A good portion of the people are easy to work with

and are trying to do a good job.

ConsEver since the merger it has been us and them. Management has no real clue as to what's happening

or what's really going on, nor does it seem like they care. Employee input is discounted. We now

have a President of the company who has no real experience in the business and a CEO who

knows everything there is to know. Just ask him.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what the everyday employee has to say and remember the customer is KING. The everyday emploee is the first person the customer sees, in most cases. They are the face of
Tredroc. If they are not happy about working at Tredroc it will come through to the customer.

If the employees didn't steer the ship, we'd have another Exxon Valdez

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsWhile the job is challenging and you get the opportunity to interact with many great customers and colleagues, that's about it. Lots of hard working mid level and hourly people doing a phenominal job.

ConsOnce the merger happened it became The and Us - regardless of what company you were a part of. Management has done little to curb this attitude. It really is the Old Boys Club and unless you are a part of it, expect to get passed up. Performance reviews, zero, wage increase, 5 years - zero, increase in benefit cost - that we did get, and another one coming. The COO came in and has zero experience in this industry and has made changes that baffle everyone - including the customers. Had the companies stayed as separate entities, better things would have happened for the employees, management and profits. But under this arrangement, it's a matter of time before the ship sinks.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the people that made this company - try listening to them and the customers and not your self proclaimed experts if you expect to salvage it.

Unfullfilling

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsIt's a paycheck, that's about all.

ConsThe company doesn't share information with employees very well. Too much middle management
that doesn't have any decision making power anyhow.
Some shops are union, some not. Makes it very difficult to operate efficecntly. (Union rules, etc.)
Doesn't accept input from employees as being credible. Too much nepotism, too much fat at the
top. Ineffective middle management and too much of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the front line people are who the customer sees first. Give them a reason to present
a favorable impression of the company to the customer.
Management hasn't been on the street in over 20 years has really lost touch.
CEO is an absentee, as is the President of the company.

Too big for their britches

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsA lot of my co workers are really good people and they help cut through the nonsense.
They too are trying to do their best for our customers.

ConsManagement discounts suggestions from employees, most of the time. They know everything
there is too know, already.
Management doesn't share pertinent information.
Too many "BIG" ideas that don't ever materialize.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to basics. Remember, it's the everyday employee that the customer sees on a regular
basis. They are the face of Tredroc and it isn't a happy one. Wake Up!!!

"Down HIll"

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsI'm still working.We will be Union soon. We got a turkey for thanksgiving.The guys I work with are mostly pretty good guys. Steel City Tire Guys too.(Our Union sister store) Wouldn'T want to share the shop with anyone else.

ConsAntioch Tire( name before merge) has gone down hill since the purchase of another Tire company . It wasn't a bad place to work until the merge. They have so many managers now its ridiculous. It seems like management has not clue to what is going on. It seems as if they forgot that this other tire company needed ATI, ATI didn't need them! They just keep taking away from us and their excuse is that ,they didn't have it. Well what the hell , Give it to them then!! For Christmas they decided (probably the other companies management) to give us a generic sweatshirt with the companies name on it instead of our normal walmart gift card. A sweatshirt is more of a just because thanks for the hard work, But instead they said here,Merry Christmas! Wow, thank u so much, This will definitely help our families for Christmas. I will just walk around in my Tredroc Tire Services sweatshirt until my check comes in the mail for being a walking billboard. What a joke! Our trucks are pieces of junk. We not only have the worst equipment in the company but probably the industry. We have in-house mechanics who work their butts off on them but there is only so much u can do with all these pieces of junk. Get them running so we can get them to the scrapyard and put them out of commission. The amount of rust on them may be a profit. Speaking of profit, Shut us up about our well deserved raises by giving us a profit sharing program. And we all walked away with zero dollars.They say there was NO profit whatsoever. I just find that hard to be true. Tredroc Tire cares for its employees that's why they gave it to us. Management seems to be running this company into the ground.As someone else had said, Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. When the economy picks up and business is better(and it will) the employees who have been kicked and kicked will remember and move on to a company who will appreciate them and offer a future.I'm willing to bet when it does get better they lose about 75% of their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the owner would be that hey downsized on most of the management and explain to to the remainders that ATI is Tredroc and we had a good system and and the company was making money. We will not have CBA'S reputation in the industry. The owner needs to get more involved and retake over his company. . Show the employees that there is appreciation for what we do and the money we make for you. Some of us haven't seen raises for years. Its not too late to get us back on track. FIX OUR STORE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

Ugh!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsQuite honestly the only good thing about working at Tredroc was that I formed some great friendships while working there.

ConsFirst and foremost, the company does not care about it's employees. I understand that the economy is in bad shape right now, but taking away employee benefits is not the answer to the money problem. Doesn't management realize that employees are the people that keep the company operational? Employee moral is pretty much nonexistent and it is Tredroc management's fault. I'm not sure what they expected when they put a freeze on raises, stopped contributing to 401K, and took away sick days. My solution, how about taking away some of the benefits of upper management?

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to start trimming at the top rather than the other way around. Quit taking away from the people that are already struggling.

Tredroc needs to Unite but it starts at the corporate level

Serviceman (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

ProsPretty stable work and going Union soon.

ConsToo many to list! Hope going Union will be a good thing, but doesn't seem to have done much for the Steel City guys. Not really sure what I will give up or gain.

Advice to Senior ManagementI agree with the person that said the company needs to unite and become one. It is hard when there are many companies that become one. Everyone thinks they are doing things the best way and everyone is doing them differently. And along with the mergers comes the bosses from all of the companies! I am a long time employee too and would like to see this company not only grow but be highly successful. I agree there are too many bosses. They need to have meetings with each other so that everyone is on the same page. It is not unusual to be told to do something differently by 2 different bosses within 5 minutes of each other. No one knows who they are supposed to listen to and if you ask them they will say you only report to who you are speaking with at the time. That is helpful...and confusing. There is no acknowledgement for doing a good job, long term employment, or even a appreciation for the fact that what you are doing is both dangerous and hard. Long ago we had a party that brought everyone together...now we get a sweatshirt! Thanks! The guys I work with bust their tails including CBA and Steel City guys. They care about your customers, even though you don't seem to care about us. It is hard to believe there is no profit when every time we turn around we hear the owners are on yet another vacation! I can't afford to take my family to Great America! Invest some interest in your people. They are your best assets, salesmen and advertisement. It is easy to brag about a company that you feel cares about you. Think about that! We can be an asset to someone that wants the business you have and cares about their employees. Why would you let that happen?

Worked for Tredroc Tire Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tredroc Tire Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tredroc Tire Services CEO John J. Lavelle. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Tredroc Tire Services employees.