Tredroc Tire Services

Updated September 3, 2014
Updated September 3, 2014
2.2

John J. Lavelle

Great company and friendly people to work with .

Current Employee - Service Tech in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company continues to improve. They have added employees at corporate and the stores are getting more support. They will give me a day off as long as I ask for it a few days before I need it. My manager helps me and teaches me stuff. The people I work with are always willing to help me if I need it. When its hot out our manager will let us take a break and will get us a cold drink.

Cons

With traffic sometimes it takes a long time going to work. Sometimes my work load is more than I can do in a day. When my manager asks me to stay late I will but don't always want to. I would like to move up in the company but really don't know how.

Have more store meetings. I feel like sometimes I don't know what is going on in the company or my store. I wish my manager would share more with me cause that helps me no how I can move up in the company.

Negative owners breed negative employees.

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services

Pros

The best thing about Tredroc is its talented employees. Products are excellent name brands. Service Techs are good . Equipment is being updated.

Cons

Ownership does not communicate with each other. Ownership lacks leadership. Lots of ownership family being hired . Cost of living raises . That doesn't exist. They don't take care of long term employees. Negative out looks abound the corporate office.

Take care of what you have. Careful what you wish for. Many people are looking to leave. Stop the arrogant behavior.

Greedy company to work for. Look out for themselves instead of the best interest of the customer

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services

Pros

None, nada, zilch, 0, 0, no comment

Cons

Just one of the worst companies one can possibly work for. Glad I left. Ownership needs replacement

New CEO, business ethics need to be implemented. Stop being greedy and look out for the best interest of the customer not yourself

Good staff, out of touch ownership

Former Employee - Corporate in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services full-time

Pros

A wonderful group of people as coworkers.

Cons

Ownership plays by their own rules. A good example is when they laid off a large group of people because they are loosing money and then the owner buys a new company vehicle, an expensive Infiniti. If you are loosing so much money why not drive a ford like the rest of the company?

Give before you take... Listen to the people that get it done for you. Instead of talking about all the great things you used to do 20 years ago that makes you qualified to do your job maybe you need to realize what your job is, hire good people and keep them happy. The company is too big to be ran by one person. Hire good people and let them run it and keep them happy and they will do it far better then you can. Its been a long time since you have been on the street, you probably are no longer qualified to do their job, so stop trying.

IMPROVED PERFORMANCE

Current Employee - Serviceman in Antioch, IL
    Current Employee - Serviceman in Antioch, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The shop is close to my house. I like all of the people that I work with. This is the first job I have had that everyone wants to help me if I need help. My boss lets me do my job and is not breathing down my neck all day long. Sometimes they have cook outs and we all get to help cook if we want. Training, this company is big on safety and we get allot of training.

Cons

I don't always like to clean up or keep the trucks clean. I know it needs to be done. sometimes I feel like I do more of that than some of the other who work at the store. My schedule changes. Sometimes they will have me work 2 or 3 weeks same times and same days. Sometimes the days and times will change every week. I am not sure how they figure all of that out. I would like to have a regular schedule that I always know what it will be.

Try to be more aware of peoples personal schedules. Let the employees get more overtime. Thank you for helping us to be safer.

Retreading tires forever

Current Employee - Retread Shop in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retread Shop in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company never runs out of tires to retread. Keeps me busy all day. Iso certification makes good tires always. Manager makes safe shop.

Cons

I wish the company would hire more employee to build the tire. Very busy to much sometime more employee make easier.

Thank you to train me. Company make me good for train me to build best quality. Company gave me chance. Company to train more like me to hep make tire.

Horrible Company To Work For

Former Employee - Office in Antioch, IL
    Former Employee - Office in Antioch, IL

I worked at Tredroc Tire Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the lower level workers are great. Made some good friends while there.

Cons

-Worst company I have worked for.
    -Management cares very little about the employees.
    -Job security is only there if you are part of the good old boys network, then you're set for life.
    -No raises unless you are management, then the sky is the limit even if others are getting laid off.
    -No problem spending money on new company vehicles for higher-ups and even some of their family members who don't even work for the company, while locations are being closed.
    -Too many horrible things to mention. Stay away from this company!!

There is no point in giving to advice to management because they don't listen anyways.

Not all it's cracked up to be.

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people are good people. Most believe in what they do and want to do a great job.

Cons

Before Tredroc was formed, both companies seemed to be doing OK. Since then it has mainly

been downhill or at least a lot of negativity from corporate. Very seldom, if ever, are there any

positive comments from corporate, it's always "doom and gloom"

Remember who brought you to the dance. the people who are good enough to spend thier money

with Tredroc. They have choices as to whom they do buisness with. Let's give them the reasons

to spend it with Tredroc. Get back to basics. Give people the biggest bang for the buck we can.

Quality products, quality service and a genuine interest in what they do and you'll have these

people as clients forever.

If the employees didn't steer the ship, we'd have another Exxon Valdez

Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

Pros

While the job is challenging and you get the opportunity to interact with many great customers and colleagues, that's about it. Lots of hard working mid level and hourly people doing a phenominal job.

Cons

Once the merger happened it became The and Us - regardless of what company you were a part of. Management has done little to curb this attitude. It really is the Old Boys Club and unless you are a part of it, expect to get passed up. Performance reviews, zero, wage increase, 5 years - zero, increase in benefit cost - that we did get, and another one coming. The COO came in and has zero experience in this industry and has made changes that baffle everyone - including the customers. Had the companies stayed as separate entities, better things would have happened for the employees, management and profits. But under this arrangement, it's a matter of time before the ship sinks.

It's the people that made this company - try listening to them and the customers and not your self proclaimed experts if you expect to salvage it.

it's a job

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Tredroc Tire Services

Pros

Some of the best service techs in the business. A good portion of the people are easy to work with

and are trying to do a good job.

Cons

Ever since the merger it has been us and them. Management has no real clue as to what's happening

or what's really going on, nor does it seem like they care. Employee input is discounted. We now

have a President of the company who has no real experience in the business and a CEO who

knows everything there is to know. Just ask him.

Listen to what the everyday employee has to say and remember the customer is KING. The everyday emploee is the first person the customer sees, in most cases. They are the face of
    Tredroc. If they are not happy about working at Tredroc it will come through to the customer.