Tree of Life

Add Photos

K. Richard Lane

Breaking The Law

Truck Driver (Current Employee) East Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice Equipment. Nice people. Very good job benefits.

ConsSenior drivers think speeding is justified when training new hires. They show no concern about your well being telling you to "follow them" at speeds in excess of 70 mph at night on a posted 55 mph highway. They are obviously "in good" with management, but this does not justify breaking the Federal Laws.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime the delivery time on overnight long runs and DO the Math.

Good until new management took over in 2005

Linestocker (Current Employee) Clackamas, OR

ProsLots of hours. If your homelife sucks, this is a great place to work.

ConsLong hours and you get burned out on the overtime. After 2.5 years I was only making 2.28 more per hour, and that is with internal job compensations and differentials.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like machines.

Worse Job Ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefit package is relatively good for the Dalas area, although, compensation is not competitive.

ConsTreat employees poorly.
    Poor HR department

Advice to Senior ManagementShould look very closely at HR department. There is very little or no concern for its employees. Everyone is looking for a way to blame employees instead of management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

wish it was better

Production (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosnumber of personal days off.
    Benefits package is very nice, if you are there long enough to use it.
    number of different shifts allows flexability.

ConsWould not allow you to go home if sick.
    Refused personal days
    Use performance as punidhment when not at 100%, but ridiculed if not at peak performance.
    management lets you know you are not important.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople want to work, but when you make us feel we are expendable and of little worth to the company, you can't expect a loyal work force. You don't lead by abusing people, you lead by caring.

Passing grade for Tree of Life

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsI have a route servicing grocery stores. I do not have an office to go to or check in with anyone from the company. I go to work, do my job, then go home. As long as I get my job done and do my best to keep the stores happy no one really looks over my shoulder. I do not sit all day at a desk and look at a computer.

ConsLack of communication. They have tried several methods, email, snail mail, voice mail. I believe
    all have failed. Not sure why, but they should try to solve this issue.
    No team spirit, do not even know who most of the other employees are.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication, better mileage reimbursement, LOCAL company Holiday party,

Tree of Death

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prossome flexibility
    You are pretty much working independently

Conspay for the amount of work you are given
    manangement
    mileage pay is way below average
    amount of work for money paid
    attitude of management when time off is needed or if you call in sick
    not all employees treated equally
    they do not provide you the tools and means to provide good customer service
    if help is needed they do not respond even if it means the customer suffers
    they do not care about you as a person
    they do not compensate you for using your minutes on your personal cell phone

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire employee package and management needs to be examined and major changes need to be made if they want to keep valuable, hard working, loyal employees.

Good workplace, lots of philanthropy in the business, still runs a bit like a family business

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Gold Coast (Australia)

ProsProduct is easy to sell because of various environmentally friendly factors. Has a high return customer rate. It's fantastic to be able to see all of the philanthropic endeavours that the company takes part in. Good salary.

ConsCompany lacks the organisation and set of standards (eg rules of returns) that a big retail organisation has. Also the POS system is very slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a quicker pos system, sales were lost because of the time it took. Figure out the rules regarding returns, the easier it is to return, the more likely the customer will come back because there will be no conflict.

The company preaches accountability but doesn't hold anyone accoutable for their behabviour or decisions

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsContensed work weeks with everyone other Friday off. This is optional

ConsThey value longevity with the company versus performance. They allow employees to harass and abuse other employees all in the name of trying to improve th business

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to talk the talk than walk the walk. Stop jsut talking about what to do and start actually doing it. There is no action. If you ignore it, it will never get better

longest employer i have since beginning working career

Prosbenefits are great. Pay is reasonable for job done. Management seems to care about employees and does what they can to better empoyee's lives while still maintaining company's best interests.

ConsCommunication from management to employees could use major improvement. Delivering in New York City. Warehouse seems to have problems retaining employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am happy with the transition changes. I would like to see better communication of company news and events. Need better training for employees in all departments. Performance reviews should be done in a timely manner. I have not yet received a review. I would like to see what I can improve, and of course, where I am excelling.

Worked for Tree of Life? Contribute to the Community!