Trek Freight Services

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Gary Bazelon

Very positive operations experience

Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) Morton Grove, IL

ProsUnlimited earning potential, great benefits, great employees, casual work environment, great management, plenty of entertaining work events, TVs in office, random benefits

ConsTough industry, long hours, produce season, uncle rico

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding

Challenging

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

ProsRelaxed environment, good job perks

ConsCan be stressful with high expectations

Great working environment loaded with opportunity

Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

ProsGreat comradery with colleagues , career advancement opportunities with growing company, fast paced working environment helps the work day fly by, minutes from the city, and a very competitive compensation program.

ConsNot in the city (10 - 15 commute MAX) and since it's so fast paced it may be very stressful at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trek Freight Services is a growing company with potential for employees to grow.

Customer Representative (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

ProsIt is a growing company with room to advance. Enthusiastic atmosphere. Friendly coworkers.

ConsDepending on how busy it is you sometimes have to stay later.

Trek Freight is a fun and stress free place to work.

Customer Sales (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNice and understanding management, fun working environment, and fun people to work with

ConsSometimes it can be a little too easy going

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be a little harder on employees sometimes

Opportunity, personal growth and fun...what more could you ask for?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

Pros- Realistic potential to earn a high income
    - A reputable company that is focused on growing
    - Everyday challenges make every day a learning experience
    - Young, energetic, fun co-workers
    - Experience in logistics translates well into any industry
    - Involved owners that care and listen (and are actually on site, in the mix)
    - Strong focus on teamwork as well as individual development
    - Fast paced nature of the business keeps the job from being monotonous
    - Casual, laid back atmosphere (Jeans and a hoodie? Yes please and thank you)

Cons- Inconsistent building temperature (Is it going to be hot or cold in there today?)
    - General challenges in the industry can prove stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on investing personal interest in your team's growth and you will continue to have an office full of happy, successful people

Always an exciting place to work

Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

ProsTrek offers a fast-paced, fun, and demanding work environment. The pay is solid as are the benefits.

ConsThis can be a stressful industry in which to work.

Great 3PL company on the rise

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

ProsTrek freight is a smaller 3PL company that's growing each day. It's a great time to get a job here too because there's more room for upward mobility.There's a lot of opportunity for success if you put in the hard work. Its a solid starting salary but you really make your money from your commissions. Its a very energetic youthful atmosphere here and you don't have to come to work in a suit and tie. The training program is very thorough. It definitely over-prepares you for the job. There are some office games too.

ConsYou have to have the right work ethic and personality to work here. Its a very fast paced environment which can be chaotic at times. You must be a good communicator to succeed at this job because its always a team effort. You'll need to think fast on your feet and multitask all throughout the day. If you don't feel like your personality and work ethic align with these traits, it'll be hard for you to succeed here.

If you can handle the nature of the business, there aren't many cons! Trek being a smaller 3PL has its disadvantages in terms of the amount of business we do versus the competition. However growing with the company in my opinion out weighs these disadvantages.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if management planned more events outside the office. Whether its just hanging out, participating in a event for the community, or getting people involved in an intramural team. There should be a bigger push for our activity and involvement outside the office. Inside the office its excellent.

Working at Trek Freight is an experience that you cannot get at most other companies.

Some Guy (Current Employee) Lincolnwood, IL

Pros•Open desks - No cubicles
    •Most other employees are cool and friendly
    •Owners/Management actually work just as hard or even harder than their employees and are open to suggestions
    •On site IT support guy who is quick to jump on any issues you have
    •There's a little "golf hole" that people like to bet on making shots, along with Pop-a-shot in one of the conference rooms.

Cons•Working with an old and outdated database. It works, but it seriously needs an upgrade.
    •Temperatures in the office aren't consistent, but even on days when it's 0 and below outside, it's always nice and warm inside!
    •Some people refuse to refill the coffee after being the last one to use it.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great place to your career started.

Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is a surplus of opportunities to be successful are Trek. The environment is fast paced, high energy, and team oriented.

ConsThe company is growing faster then it ever has before and there are some growing pains regarding the structure and system.

Worked for Trek Freight Services? Contribute to the Community!